My Fuller’s beer search 19 December

Reads 6677 • Replies 96 • Started Friday, December 18, 2015 9:00:36 AM CT

The forums you're viewing are the static, archived version. You won't be able to post or reply here.
Our new, modern forums are here:
RateBeer Forums

Thread Frozen

harrisoni
beers 25408 º places 68 º 09:00 Fri 12/18/2015

Hi All
Colin recently reminded me that the Scandanavians still fill the top 4 places for ratings of beers from the Fuller’s brewery.

top raters105 total
anders37 81
Ungstrup 77
joergen 76
oh6gdx 76
harrisoni 75

I did make a bit of an effort a few months ago to try to kick them out, but foundered on the problem of all the other new beers to be found in London.
So inspired by Colin’s reminder, a little bit of national pride and also to find an excuse to drink in London whilst writing my Christmas cards to friends and family (yes they are going to be late) I will be coming to the capital to focus on Fuller’s pubs and beers until I am at least in second place, if not above Anders.
So what I need from you is places you have recently seen any new Fuller’s beers and also Fullers pubs that are central but will be open on a Saturday (I know many in and around the City close at weekends).

Beers I need In particular are:-
Fuller’s Saint Nicks
Fuller’s Montana Red
Fuller’s Past Masters Double Stout 1910 bottle or cask
Fuller’s Vintage Ale 2015 bottle or cask
Gale’s Firecracker
Fullers Vintage Ale 2014 bottle or cask
Fullers India Pale Ale (Bottle/Keg)
Fullers Red Fox (Cask)
Fullers Summer Ale (bottle)
Fullers Pale Ale (bottle)

My plan so far is something like
Parcel Yard - Kings Cross
Euston Flyer - Kings Cross
Doric Arch - Euston
Then head south towards London Bridge/Borough

Shooting Star - Liverpool St?
Barrow Boy and Banker - London Bridge?
Bank of England - The Strand?

Is there anything within easy reach of these? I’ve checked the online Fuller’s map on their site and it’s ok but a bit of local knowledge is always welcome.
Thanks in advance

And of course there will be some live updates of my quest tomorrow too.

jjsint
beers 7756 º places 1335 º 09:13 Fri 12/18/2015

My Waitrose (in Ely) carries the 2015 Vintage Ale. Worth a look? In your local Waitrose, not the Ely one of course.

Leighton
beers 33783 º places 1204 º 09:16 Fri 12/18/2015

Hi Ian.

I just added a Fullers pub that would be worth checking out:

http://www.ratebeer.com/Places/ShowPlace_mj.asp?placeid=59576

I popped in here a couple months back and was impressed by their range, the bottles in particular. I seem to recall they had at least four of the ’special’ bottles - Vintage Ale, the old recipes, etc. I just checked their Twitter account (@AdmiraltyLondon) and it looks like they just tapped a cask of Vintage Ale today; I would imagine that will still be on tap tomorrow.

The Admiralty isn’t too far from the Strand so it might be worth putting it on to your itinerary.

harrisoni
beers 25408 º places 68 º 09:17 Fri 12/18/2015

Originally posted by jjsint
My Waitrose (in Ely) carries the 2015 Vintage Ale. Worth a look? In your local Waitrose, not the Ely one of course.

Yes I will pop into Waitrose this evening, thanks for the reminder.

harrisoni
beers 25408 º places 68 º 09:20 Fri 12/18/2015

Originally posted by Leighton
Hi Ian.

I just added a Fullers pub that would be worth checking out:

http://www.ratebeer.com/Places/ShowPlace_mj.asp?placeid=59576

I popped in here a couple months back and was impressed by their range, the bottles in particular. I seem to recall they had at least four of the ’special’ bottles - Vintage Ale, the old recipes, etc. I just checked their Twitter account (@AdmiraltyLondon) and it looks like they just tapped a cask of Vintage Ale today; I would imagine that will still be on tap tomorrow.

The Admiralty isn’t too far from the Strand so it might be worth putting it on to your itinerary.

Excellent, thanks Leighton, fresh Vintage ale on cask would definitely be a treat. I can come straight down on the Northern Line from Euston to Charing Cross to do that one, then head into Covent Garden and down onto The Strand.

harrisoni
beers 25408 º places 68 º 09:21 Fri 12/18/2015

And for once the tube network seems to be available this weekend.

chriso
beers 7540 º places 736 º 11:39 Fri 12/18/2015

Jan got the Red Fox at a Fullers pub somewhere near Tower Bridge on his recent visit. It may have been this one but I’m not 100% sure.
http://www.hung-drawn-and-quartered.co.uk/

harrisoni
beers 25408 º places 68 º 12:27 Fri 12/18/2015

Originally posted by chriso
Jan got the Red Fox at a Fullers pub somewhere near Tower Bridge on his recent visit. It may have been this one but I’m not 100% sure.
http://www.hung-drawn-and-quartered.co.uk/

Thanks Chris it’s on the list now. Can’t believe I haven’t had it before

tdtm82
beers 1704 º places 138 º 12:51 Fri 12/18/2015

Ian the Fuller’s near Tower Hamlets should stock the vintage. http://www.thechamberlainhotel.co.uk/ near St Mary’s Axe.

Fin
beers 17294 º places 1653 º 13:33 Fri 12/18/2015

The Inn of Courts on Holborn opposite Chancery Lane underground station had an impressive array of casks on about 8 handpumps on definitely incl Fuller’s Saint Nicks I keep thinking that they may also have Fuller’s Montana Red (not 100% sure on that one though)

Leighton
beers 33783 º places 1204 º 13:49 Fri 12/18/2015

Gales Firecracker on cask at the Red Lion, near Piccadilly. I will try to add the place before our excursion.