Ratebeer sells to AB InBev

Reads 67161 • Replies 579 • Started Friday, June 2, 2017 4:43:19 PM CT

The forums you're viewing are the static, archived version. You won't be able to post or reply here.
Our new, modern forums are here:
RateBeer Forums

Thread Frozen

DietPepsican
beers 1592 º places 63 º 13:17 Sun 6/4/2017

Originally posted by DuffMan
Originally posted by caesar
Originally posted by ContemplateBeer
Many of us are here because we didn’t like what AB-InBev and their ilk offered to begin with.

I very much doubt this. Maybe a small and vocal part of the site is, but I think the majority of the users simply just like to rate beers. We have all rated big beer from the moment we created our accounts and we will continue to do so, as we are hoarders of rates and ticks. We may not sympathise with big beer and sometimes dont like them or even feel hate towards them, but why would that hold us from enjoying our hobby: rating beers. I will be there as an admin for these people, who just want to continue to enjoy their hobby.

This.

Yep

blipp
beers 14843 º places 219 º 13:22 Sun 6/4/2017

Originally posted by RichTheVillan

[This post has been deleted by the admins].

DietPepsican
beers 1592 º places 63 º 13:26 Sun 6/4/2017

Joet when are my cartons of piss showing up on me and me mates doorstep?

drowland
beers 11069 º places 430 º 13:37 Sun 6/4/2017

Originally posted by DietPepsican
Originally posted by DuffMan
Originally posted by caesar
Originally posted by ContemplateBeer
Many of us are here because we didn’t like what AB-InBev and their ilk offered to begin with.

I very much doubt this. Maybe a small and vocal part of the site is, but I think the majority of the users simply just like to rate beers. We have all rated big beer from the moment we created our accounts and we will continue to do so, as we are hoarders of rates and ticks. We may not sympathise with big beer and sometimes dont like them or even feel hate towards them, but why would that hold us from enjoying our hobby: rating beers. I will be there as an admin for these people, who just want to continue to enjoy their hobby.

This.

Yep

OldGrowth
beers 3472 º places 204 º 13:42 Sun 6/4/2017

how much would we of had to pay in increased premium membership to avoid this?

Rasmus40
beers 34335 º places 722 º 14:32 Sun 6/4/2017

Originally posted by OldGrowth
how much would we of had to pay in increased premium membership to avoid this?

I have always wondered why premium membership was so cheap on here. There are many beers out there which cost more than a full year membership to this great site. I have often talked to fellow ratebeerians about how we would gladly pay more if that meant more money for server improvements. If an ABI investment pays for better servers instead, then that’s fine by me.

jake65
beers 4400 º places 158 º 15:06 Sun 6/4/2017

So buying a premium membership now effectively means I’m paying to enter data, valuable data, for the benefit of ABI? I seriously doubt that I’ll renew on that premise.

Bitterbill
beers 3241 º places 25 º 15:10 Sun 6/4/2017

Man, poor Joe. Getting a lot of flack from people who in the same position..could you all swear that you wouldn’t do the same with 100% accuracy?

cheap
beers 8841 º places 328 º 15:12 Sun 6/4/2017

For RB to become of significant import to a beer conglomerate, is a major accomplishment; congrats to Joe T and his financial milestone.