Ratebeer sells to AB InBev

Reads 67164 • Replies 579 • Started Friday, June 2, 2017 4:43:19 PM CT

The forums you're viewing are the static, archived version. You won't be able to post or reply here.
Our new, modern forums are here:
RateBeer Forums

Thread Frozen

Beerdrinker79
beers 2189 º places 7 º 22:02 Sun 6/4/2017

Originally posted by DietPepsican
Originally posted by Beerdrinker79
Originally posted by McGarnigle
So when does Coldness become a rating category, and will it be out of 10 or 20 points?

I suspect in will replace Taste.

Right around the time you go premium. We’ve had this option unlocked for 9+ months.
Go premium to support ABI? No thanks...

Did you strip yours and get a refund?
I’ve been premium on and off for years, currently i am not. But will never again.

Drake
admin
beers 21771 º places 1252 º 22:05 Sun 6/4/2017

Originally posted by poisoneddwarf
Congrats to Joe. Let me just echo that. Good that he’s getting some help with the site. That being said, and at the risk of sounding like a dramatic 11 year-old girl, I also am not comfortable with anything related to ABI. I’m willing to see how things shake out, but I doubt I’ll ever buy a premium membership again. After this one expires, that’s probably it for me. Once it expires and the ads start popping up, am I going to see banners for Shock Top and Goose Island? I hope not. I really really don’t want to head to Beer Advocate or Untappd. I love Ratebeer, dammit. Here’s to hoping things don’t change too much.

You’re good people. Hope you stick around.

Sarlacc83
beers 2662 º places 111 º 22:06 Sun 6/4/2017

Originally posted by OnTheTrail
Originally posted by Sarlacc83
Originally posted by OnTheTrail
I wonder how the ABI apologist section in the BA forums (seveal of the loudest voices) will react to antI ABI refugees from here. Be prepared for a big chorus of "its the liquid" and to be told repeatedly that the word craft is a marketing gimmicks 9f the Brewers Association, and that if you aren’t typing on a local artisanal electronic device you’re a hypocrite.

The people on BA are either mortified or laughing at us. (And the Alstroms are taking the high ground about not selling out.)

I’m not talking about the reaction to the sale. But the reaction if someone goes over there to announce that they have arrived because they hate ABI.

Aaaah. I have only seen mild interest in response.

Christos
beers 6111 º places 110 º 22:26 Sun 6/4/2017

So when does Coldness become a rating category, and will it be out of 10 or 20 points?

Right around the time you go premium. We’ve had this option unlocked for 9+ months.

Did you pay for yours?

DietPepsican
beers 1592 º places 63 º 22:30 Sun 6/4/2017

Originally posted by Christos

Did you pay for yours?

Of course. I’ve probably purchased 20 in my ten years here including giveaways here on the forums.

TheHOFF43
beers 2045 º places 169 º 23:05 Sun 6/4/2017

I think I’m around 20 purchased premiums as well. Lots of giveaways and what not.

Good stuff. Helps everyone involved.

rennat42
beers 5357 º places 205 º 23:14 Sun 6/4/2017

Originally posted by TheHOFF43
I think I’m around 20 purchased premiums as well. Lots of giveaways and what not.

Good stuff. Helps everyone involved.

I will probably continue to be premium just because I like the stats. I doubt I continue to give away any premiums during FBW though....if that even continues....speaking of which, I hope ABI joins us for FBW next years and gives all that participate a golden Bud Light can and a chance to win tickets to the Super Bowl. I’d leave good feedback.

nuplastikk
beers 9843 º places 73 º 23:32 Sun 6/4/2017

Ratebeerbest fest always struck me as some self serving crap, a weird and unfortunate direction to take the site in or put energy into. Selling us out to ABI is a really bold move. Hopefully XYZ will be able to help the team grasp obvious trends in the beer market, like White IPA or ticking.

MarcoDL
beers 9594 º places 213 º 04:17 Mon 6/5/2017

What about this: http://wearebrewstuds.com/craft-beer-cut-off/
Ratebeer is now on it.

The deal with AbInbev might not influence the official independence and quality of ratebeer, but it is bad for Ratebeer’s image and the perceived independence.

obguthr
beers 11685 º places 22 º 05:37 Mon 6/5/2017

Originally posted by MarcoDL
What about this: http://wearebrewstuds.com/craft-beer-cut-off/
Ratebeer is now on it.

The deal with AbInbev might not influence the official independence and quality of ratebeer, but it is bad for Ratebeer’s image and the perceived independence.

Interesting that the site that broke the news about RBInBev is also listed. Is this some sort of damned vast crap beer conspiracy?