RBJG #2

Reads 16778 • Replies 192 • Started Thursday, September 20, 2012 6:11:33 AM CT

The forums you're viewing are the static, archived version. You won't be able to post or reply here.
Our new, modern forums are here:
RateBeer Forums

Thread Frozen

hE5AdEv3qeqAsU5r
beers 80 º places 10 º 05:14 Wed 3/13/2013

Also, not a criticism, just something I noticed... seems all the food in the schedule is American? I think people coming from overseas would want Japanese food? Granted, beer bars tend to serve western food, so I know there’s not much choice, just hope the visitors get a taste of Japan.

TimE
beers 8459 º places 409 º 06:12 Wed 3/13/2013

I wanted to do Yokohama on Friday night, so people could try awesome Japanese food at Beer Republic, but it doesn’t really work for some people, who said they would skip Friday night if they had to go to Yokohama. This is still possible, but I don’t really think we should be excluding people for Japanese food. The food at Craft Beer Market is a mix of Japanese and Western (Lamb Tsukune, etc).
Actually one idea could be instead of Devil Craft on Sunday, do it on Friday night and do Beer Republic on Friday - this actually makes more sense. One Friday night we could have two small meals, one at Craft Beer Market and the other at Devil Craft. Actually, that makes the most sense.

Friday night (logistically it doesn’t make the most sense, but all the places are on the same train line, Ginza).

530pm Shinshu Sake mura (I will order people some really funky Japanese food there)
630pm Craft Beer Market
8pm Devil Craft
10pm Facuets

It is a bit of backtracking, as CBM is between Facuets and Devil, but I don’t see that as a big deal.

Any complaints about changing things around?

Tim

TimE
beers 8459 º places 409 º 09:05 Wed 3/13/2013

Final Schedule and meeting places - just so there are no confusion.
(I am changing things up a bit on Friday and Sunday)

Friday night

525pm (meeting place) Shimbashi station, Shiodome Exit (where you put the tickets into the machine to enter into the station), outside the ticket gate. This is for people going to Shinshu Sake Mura
http://www.jreast.co.jp/e/stations/e877.html

530pm Shinshu Sake Mura

620pm Shiodome Exit (same place to meet)

630pm Craft Beer Market

8pm Devil Craft - even if you are visiting from overseas, I HIGHLY recommend saving room for the pizza, it is amazing.

10-1030pm Faucets - It is a bit of a jaunt from Devil to Faucets. I am going to guess 30 min door to door, but it gives a bit of break from drinking.

Saturday

Chateau Kamiya - 949am departure from Ueno Station Joban train line. Meeting place on the platform of the Joban line at 940am, middle of train line. Please do not be late as the trains don’t run so frequently.

Leave CK around 1-130pm. Back to Ueno around 230pm

245- whenever, Part 1 of Grand Tasting at Ueno Park. This is a great chance for people to experience Hanami. It looks like peak Cherry Blossom is from the 31st, so it should be fantastic this day. This is assuming the weather is great.

7pm or before - we move over to Part 2 of Grand Tasting at my place. We can have dinner at my place, order Pizza or whatever people feel like.

Sunday

1050am at Kannai station North Exit.

11am - Antenna America. I thought about the breakfast burritos, but I think it is too much hassle to organize something special for us, especially if people want to sleep in.

1230pm - Bashamichi Taproom. We can sit up on the 3rd floor outside if it is nice.

145pm - Bay Brewing

3pm - El Nubichinmon

330-530pm - Optional Yokohama walking tour. I will explain the history of Yokohama, while visiting Chinatown, Yamashita Park and then on to foreigner’s cemetery where we can play homage to William Copeland, the first brewery owner in Japan. This also gives us a bit of break from drinking.

545 pm - Thrashzone

730 pm - Beer Republic (only a 7 min walk from Thrashzone)

On Sunday if you want to join late or whatever, just text me and I will let you know where we are. We can come and get people from the station easily.

My number is +81-90-6050-7723

Tim

AndySnow
beers 16622 º places 323 º 13:00 Wed 3/13/2013

Will be in Tokyo these days. Unfortunately my gf has broken her leg and not sure if she is up for a pubcrawl. Hopefully her leg will be ok and we can get around some. Will see if I can catch up a bit.

Otherwise I’ll just have to make my own smaller crawl around the town.

KyotoLefty
beers 15105 º places 1061 º 18:04 Wed 3/13/2013

Looks like a great schedule, Tim! Thanks.
Keeping it in Yokohama on Sunday makes a lot of sense.

TimE
beers 8459 º places 409 º 19:07 Wed 3/13/2013

Originally posted by AndySnow
Will be in Tokyo these days. Unfortunately my gf has broken her leg and not sure if she is up for a pubcrawl. Hopefully her leg will be ok and we can get around some. Will see if I can catch up a bit.

Otherwise I’ll just have to make my own smaller crawl around the town.

The places on Sunday are very close to each other. If she isn’t that mobile - I assume she is somewhat mobile if she is coming to Japan from Sweden - then that would be a good place to meet up.

Tim

AndySnow
beers 16622 º places 323 º 01:32 Thu 3/14/2013

Originally posted by TimE
The places on Sunday are very close to each other. If she isn’t that mobile - I assume she is somewhat mobile if she is coming to Japan from Sweden - then that would be a good place to meet up.

Tim

We will try to be there. Hopefully from friday all through the weekend.

A great schedule and possibility to meet some nice people and taste some nice beer is just to good to pass up.

hE5AdEv3qeqAsU5r
beers 80 º places 10 º 05:41 Thu 3/14/2013

Looks great. Looking forward.

hE5AdEv3qeqAsU5r
beers 80 º places 10 º 21:27 Thu 3/14/2013

Any problem with a Japanese beer friend joining at Devil Craft/faucets Friday night?

TimE
beers 8459 º places 409 º 22:18 Thu 3/14/2013

Originally posted by mike12da
Any problem with a Japanese beer friend joining at Devil Craft/faucets Friday night?

No issue. I just need to adjust numbers