2014 College Football Thread

Reads 63706 • Replies 979 • Started Wednesday, July 2, 2014 12:01:20 PM CT

The forums you're viewing are the static, archived version. You won't be able to post or reply here.
Our new, modern forums are here:
RateBeer Forums

Thread Frozen

GodOfThunder
beers 1364 º places 65 º 13:00 Sun 10/5/2014

You don’t know what you’re talking about... again.

CheesedMan
beers 555 º places 12 º 13:33 Sun 10/5/2014

Originally posted by GodOfThunder

Calling UCF’s paltry tailgate a mini-Grove might be one of the funniest things I’ve ever read.

Guyute_Pig
beers 103 º places 48 º 14:05 Sun 10/5/2014

Originally posted by CheesedMan

Calling UCF’s paltry tailgate a mini-Grove might be one of the funniest things I’ve ever read.

Been to both, not even remotely the same. Plus, ole miss fans actually tailgate and then enter the stadium to support their team.

I’ve never been to a tailgate at StarkVegas, so I can’t honestly comment on them. I played soccer there and the town is underwhelming.

Guyute_Pig
beers 103 º places 48 º 14:07 Sun 10/5/2014

So, winner of AU V MSU takes #1 ranking in country. Can you recall the last time you played in such a big game cheese?

Homer321
beers 5369 º places 54 º 14:10 Sun 10/5/2014

Sorry to spam this here, but I’m pretty sure this is the only place GodofThunder checks on RateBeer

CheesedMan
beers 555 º places 12 º 14:48 Sun 10/5/2014

Originally posted by Guyute_Pig

Been to both, not even remotely the same. Plus, ole miss fans actually tailgate and then enter the stadium to support their team.

I’ve never been to a tailgate at StarkVegas, so I can’t honestly comment on them. I played soccer there and the town is underwhelming.

Town has gotten better, tail gating kicks ass. I hate to say it though, nothing compares to The Grove.

CheesedMan
beers 555 º places 12 º 14:50 Sun 10/5/2014

Originally posted by Guyute_Pig
So, winner of AU V MSU takes #1 ranking in country. Can you recall the last time you played in such a big game cheese?

1999 division clinching win and then playing in the SEC Championship Game, but honestly, this one has bigger long term impact, IMO. It’s a huge recruiting weekend and all eyes will be on both teams. I’m stoked, nervous and excited, but stoked.

We’ve played Auburn close the past two seasons, here’s hoping we get over that final hump of the 3 game gauntlet.

TheAlum
beers 7164 º places 10 º 16:27 Sun 10/5/2014

JJ.. the thread’s Goat. Always wrong.

GodOfThunder
beers 1364 º places 65 º 17:53 Sun 10/5/2014

Originally posted by Homer321
Sorry to spam this here, but I’m pretty sure this is the only place GodofThunder checks on RateBeer

I knew about this the day it was announced. I’ll be there, in face paint. Whoop whoop.

GodOfThunder
beers 1364 º places 65 º 18:01 Sun 10/5/2014

Originally posted by TheAlum

JJ.. the thread’s Goat. Always wrong.

Only goons like you two would actually think that I was saying they are equal. I said we have a "mini-grove." Meaning, we have an area where there are no cars, people have to walk to get there and set up, and there are tons of tents. Had our school administration not done everything in their power to try and neuter the atmosphere, it would be a Grove-like atmosphere.

With that said, I was originally comparing our tailgate to Big10 or Pac12 schools. I know Michigan, Ohio State, and ND (3 top midwestern schools) aren’t even close, and can pretty much guarantee no Pac12 schools come close.