Euro 2012 - what are you drinking?

Reads 34476 • Replies 605 • Started Friday, June 8, 2012 9:18:40 AM CT

The forums you're viewing are the static, archived version. You won't be able to post or reply here.
Our new, modern forums are here:
RateBeer Forums

Thread Frozen

harrisoni
beers 25356 º places 68 º 10:22 Thu 6/21/2012

So who are we supporting tonight? I don’t think I can get hold of any Portugese beers, so it might have to be some mass produced Czech lagers from Tesco. But not Pilsner Urquell again. That was a disappointment last week.

I suppose I could get a bottle of Portugese red wine? Or indeed drink a bottle of Port? Mind you, I do have to go to work tomorrow.

SilkTork
beers 7746 º places 111 º 11:56 Thu 6/21/2012

Interesting to watch the odds changing on oddschecker = the money is moving more and more to the Czechs as the game goes on.

SilkTork
beers 7746 º places 111 º 12:27 Thu 6/21/2012

Originally posted by Fin
If there is a nation that feels more cheated and treated unfairly by UEFA and also FIFA over the years than England then I would be very, very surprised

My understanding is there is a body of opinion within UEFA and FIFA that the English FA thinks too much of itself as the father of football, and at times deals with those organisations in an autocratic manner as though they are sub branches of the English FA. This results in some antagonism which means that if the English FA suggests something, like having goal line technology, then it faces resistance. If the suggestion had come from, say, the Polish FA, then it might have been considered more seriously.

SilkTork
beers 7746 º places 111 º 12:34 Thu 6/21/2012

Originally posted by SilkTork
Interesting to watch the odds changing on oddschecker = the money is moving more and more to the Czechs as the game goes on.

Money is going on a draw now - though shifted a little back to Portugal after that near miss by Ronaldo

TheWhiteWolf
beers 3 º 12:45 Thu 6/21/2012

Shame about that lads hamstring. I am going to be drinking an Anderson Valley Summer Sulstace during the second half. I’d like to see some good goals from Ronaldo.

SilkTork
beers 7746 º places 111 º 14:13 Thu 6/21/2012

Originally posted by TheWhiteWolf
I’d like to see some good goals from Ronaldo.

Only one, but it was awesome.

Probably best of the tournament so far - just ahead of Carroll’s goal.

He made the defender look silly. It was unreal - like some kind of fantasy goal. He came out of nowhere so fast and got in front of the defender who was just starting to move forward to deal with the ball. Unbelievable.

Guyute_Pig
beers 103 º places 48 º 17:52 Thu 6/21/2012

Originally posted by TheWhiteWolf
I’d like to see some good goals from Ronaldo.

Only one, but it was awesome.

Probably best of the tournament so far - just ahead of Carroll’s goal.

He made the defender look silly. It was unreal - like some kind of fantasy goal. He came out of nowhere so fast and got in front of the defender who was just starting to move forward to deal with the ball. Unbelievable.

You must have missed Ibrahimovic’s final goal... filthy.

Marko
admin
beers 17794 º places 867 º 02:04 Fri 6/22/2012

Definitely Ibrahimovic’s goal.

theRunningBoar
03:19 Fri 6/22/2012

And Balotelli’s, too.

chriso
beers 7540 º places 736 º 05:08 Fri 6/22/2012

Money is going on a draw now - though shifted a little back to Portugal after that near miss by Ronaldo

Didn’t realise you were a gambling man Steve. As it happens I did have a little wager on the draw. Then laid it off in play once the odds had fallen enough for a guaranteed profit. This meant I was watching the lay odds on Betfair for most of the first half rather than actually watching the match.