What’s new - Part 2

Reads 13339 • Replies 162 • Started Monday, September 8, 2014 4:03:09 PM CT

The forums you're viewing are the static, archived version. You won't be able to post or reply here.
Our new, modern forums are here:
RateBeer Forums

Thread Frozen

brokensail
admin
beers 21480 º places 1691 º 16:03 Mon 9/8/2014

The previous thread I’d started for this sort of stuff is now frozen simply due to father time.

Perhaps we can expand this topic a bit to more than just new/pending breweries. So if new beers of interest are out in your area, post ’em here. I don’t know that we need to know about every new Kolsch that comes out, but I won’t complain about some friggin activity in this forum either way.

brokensail
admin
beers 21480 º places 1691 º 16:23 Mon 9/8/2014

Thanks to ChazMania for the heads up on Bagby and Toolbox being open now.

Four Sons in Huntington Beach is now officially open for business as well.

A couple new-ish bars in the Orange County area are alive and well: a second location of the Costa Mesa waffle/beer restaurant Iron Press is now open in Anaheim and Native Son Alehouse is open in downtown Santa Ana.

Good Beer Co. is seemingly getting close to opening (according to their Fizboo).

Also, Cismontane is allegedly opening a Taproom + Pilot Brewery + Micro-distillery in Santa Ana. Thank goodness, now I don’t have to drive to bumfuck RSM to get poisoned.

brokensail
admin
beers 21480 º places 1691 º 13:50 Fri 9/12/2014

The Dudes’ Brewing tasting room opens today at 3pm (for those that care).

http://www.ratebeer.com/Places/ShowPlace.asp?PlaceID=48045

Torrance now, somehow, has six breweries.

rcubed
beers 35 º 09:52 Sat 9/13/2014

What’s the word on Artifex Brewing in San Clemente?

brokensail
admin
beers 21480 º places 1691 º 10:33 Sat 9/13/2014

Their tasting room is open, though it doesn’t seem like anyone from RB has gone yet.

I’m hoping I can stop in next weekend on my to/from a bachelor party down in San Diego.

Naven
beers 1000 º places 109 º 11:55 Sat 9/13/2014

Originally posted by brokensail
Their tasting room is open, though it doesn’t seem like anyone from RB has gone yet.

I’m hoping I can stop in next weekend on my to/from a bachelor party down in San Diego.

Is there a brewery you haven’t been to? How do you manage this?

brokensail
admin
beers 21480 º places 1691 º 12:29 Sat 9/13/2014

Originally posted by Naven

Is there a brewery you haven’t been to? How do you manage this?

I’m losing my touch. :/

Naven
beers 1000 º places 109 º 22:55 Sat 9/13/2014

Props. That’s a lot of time committed to beer.

brokensail
admin
beers 21480 º places 1691 º 10:46 Sun 9/14/2014

http://www.bagbybeer.com/events/

Bagby Zwanze Day: show up "at 10am" to get in line to buy your ticket and then the event starts at 11, actual beer served at noon...

brokensail
admin
beers 21480 º places 1691 º 15:05 Sun 9/14/2014

Thanks...it is indeed something. I hesitate to use the word accomplishment.

I think part of it is having friends like t0rin0 and ChinoSkillzian (and more recently GT2) who encourage and enable such behavior. I’ve tried to cut back over time, though I’ll say that has only had a mild level of success. Perhaps luckily, all of us live further away from each other now and have all had more going on in our lives, so taking a monthly trip to San Diego and visiting 10 breweries in a day doesn’t quite happen. Speaking of which, I have about 100 beers to open, so it’s probably time for a tasting.

Oh, and I am at The Dudes right now. The beers are expectedly mediocre, but not horrible.

thome50
beers 1295 º places 34 º 16:55 Sun 9/14/2014

Thanks...it is indeed something. I hesitate to use the word accomplishment.

I think part of it is having friends like t0rin0 and ChinoSkillzian (and more recently GT2) who encourage and enable such behavior. I’ve tried to cut back over time, though I’ll say that has only had a mild level of success. Perhaps luckily, all of us live further away from each other now and have all had more going on in our lives, so taking a monthly trip to San Diego and visiting 10 breweries in a day doesn’t quite happen. Speaking of which, I have about 100 beers to open, so it’s probably time for a tasting.

Oh, and I am at The Dudes right now. The beers are expectedly mediocre, but not horrible.

I’ve heard good things about having a wife/kids that cuts out this beer thing. Heard it from a friend.