Best/Most Memorable Beers You Tried In 2016

Reads 3200 • Replies 56 • Started Monday, January 2, 2017 6:26:47 PM CT

The forums you're viewing are the static, archived version. You won't be able to post or reply here.
Our new, modern forums are here:
RateBeer Forums

Thread Frozen

fly
beers 1490 º places 271 º 16:58 Tue 1/3/2017

Originally posted by DuffMan
Originally posted by spacecoyote
Originally posted by fly
Dank, crisp, low ABV crushable session white IPAs.

I just went ahead and fixed that for you.

Those sound like delicious craft beers

Your invaluable service is appreciated.

Leighton
beers 33735 º places 1204 º 17:29 Tue 1/3/2017

I often drink shit beers in airports. It’s always the beers I don’t get around to drinking during the ’actual’ trip so I’m left with the choice of having them at the airport or dumping them.

Early in 2016 I drank a Bulgarian radler while waiting in line to check in. It was a morning flight, and since it was a grapefruit radler it drank real good.

A few days ago, on our way back from Reykjavik, I had two 2.25% lagers that I - of course - didn’t drink in the hostel. So, drank ’em at the airport.

So memorable!

Jow
beers 7355 º places 487 º 17:57 Tue 1/3/2017

Originally posted by Leighton
I often drink shit beers in airports. It’s always the beers I don’t get around to drinking during the ’actual’ trip so I’m left with the choice of having them at the airport or dumping them.

Early in 2016 I drank a Bulgarian radler while waiting in line to check in. It was a morning flight, and since it was a grapefruit radler it drank real good.

A few days ago, on our way back from Reykjavik, I had two 2.25% lagers that I - of course - didn’t drink in the hostel. So, drank ’em at the airport.

So memorable!

I would love both those examples myself

brokensail
admin
beers 21480 º places 1691 º 00:24 Wed 1/4/2017

Showing some chill bros around San Francisco (and some other parts of the Bay Area) when they were in town for the RB Best Festival.

Drinking a growler of Hill Farmstead Sumner on top of Camel’s Hump outside of Burlington, VT.

Drinking a bottle of Vigneronne at Oxbow after getting engaged.

Catching up with some old beer friends over excessive numbers of high boost beers at Pizza Port Strong Ale Fest.

jjsint
beers 7742 º places 1335 º 03:32 Wed 1/4/2017

Finally tried Orval in May and Westy 12 in December and would have to say that yes they is both worth the hype (ducks for cover).

Perennial Abraxas. Amazing beer had in an amazing bar (Augurs Well in Manhattan).

Naparbier’s Back in Black is my new favourite BIPA.

As for cask beer, Three Blind Mice’s Beyond Wonderland can’t be beaten. An absolute gem on an IPA.

SinH4
beers 15469 º places 416 º 04:23 Wed 1/4/2017

also, how could I forget that last year, I finally got to have Witzgall Landbier?

And a crate of it :D (although many bottles of it made it to different friends and ratebeerians)

b3shine
beers 12200 º places 372 º 05:17 Wed 1/4/2017

Superstition Strawberry White and Endovelicus and Sahtipaja MeadMe are my highest rated and most memorable brews from 2016. Thanks again to Dak and Blomster for bringing them to Ratebeer Best.

botanu
beers 1 º 06:46 Wed 1/4/2017

A Great Notion’s Blueberry Muffin -- really did taste like a muffin, and I don’t even like muffins; and the blueberry flavor was great as well. I don’t always like blueberry beers -- whenever they taste like artificial blueberry flavoring. I also enjoyed a trip down to Wolves & People’s Farmhouse Brewery in 2016, and was very pleased by everything I sampled from their tap, though the names don’t stick in my memory like their company’s do. I’m certainly looking forward to whatever they are brewing up in 2017 (whenever I can get my hands on it). Most recently I had a memorable new beer called Viognier Grisette from The Commons Brewery -- along the lines of Upright’s Oregon Native experiment of blending brewing and vintning, though I haven’t had the chance to taste that one yet. Looking forward to more of these in 2017.

slowrunner77
beers 19964 º places 499 º 07:56 Wed 1/4/2017

Gotta give props to the Abyss flight I had at the Bond St Pub. If there’s a better way to wait for a table then triple fisting The Abyss, I’ve yet to experience it.
The rest of the beer/dinner was good, too :)

djd07
beers 28658 º places 45 º 07:57 Wed 1/4/2017

Originally posted by b3shine
Superstition Strawberry White and Endovelicus and Sahtipaja MeadMe are my highest rated and most memorable brews from 2016. Thanks again to Dak and Blomster for bringing them to Ratebeer Best.

Thank you Beau for bringing that Heerengeuze!