RBESG 2013

Reads 9272 • Replies 81 • Started Saturday, January 5, 2013 2:05:00 AM CT

The forums you're viewing are the static, archived version. You won't be able to post or reply here.
Our new, modern forums are here:
RateBeer Forums

Thread Frozen

heavy
beers 2947 º places 61 º 07:41 Sat 3/2/2013

I’ll also do everything to attend wherever it is, but from my point of view it’s a bit harder to it’s Scotland, Ireland or Scandinavia. Last time was a great fun. Some nice places proposed, Barcelona is wonderful idea, but it might be smart to escape the heat, making it impossible to organize a decent pub crawl (Bratislava was awesome summer refreshment I reckon, night temperatures were ideal) With Belgium or Netherlands we can’t be wrong as of the beerscene and I believe the locals would find lot of new stuff as well. So if you guys wanna put up some poll about locations or dates on March 6, why not.

I hope to be there this year as well. This is normally great fun. Amsterdam pub crawl and visits to other cities sounds great. As far as brewery visits I think that could become a killer. I feel like - have you seen one you have seen them all.
Na zdravi

Martinus
beers 5018 º places 224 º 14:00 Mon 3/4/2013

Originally posted by Mads K
As far as brewery visits I think that could become a killer. I feel like - have you seen one you have seen them all.

Good point, having the brewing process explained three times in one day could become a bit tedious
I think one should rather consider them ’tastings on location’

Moreover, besides some brewery visits, the idea is that we’re going to try for one day to have the brewers of a few of the most interesting beers in the region together at one location to present some specialities. No guaranties, as we haven’t started organising anything yet till it is clear what will happen - but we have good hopes.. (and some connections )

MrHangover
beers 4691 º places 75 º 15:57 Sat 3/9/2013

So any newes on dates and locations??

Martinus
beers 5018 º places 224 º 14:21 Wed 3/13/2013

Originally posted by MrHangover
So any newes on dates and locations??

Yes, though nothing is certain yet, we are too early in the process for that. But a preliminary programme is:

Thursday 27 June
- Arrivals
- Kick-off beer diner
- Beerparty

Friday 28 June
Excursion 1. "crossing Borders"
- Visit to an interesting brewery not far from Belgium
- Pub crawl in a Belgian city
- Tasting and BBQ at a nice brewery in the border area
- Afterparty

Saturday 29 June
Excursion 2. "Malts and hops"
- Sleeping in
- Visit to a well known brewery
- Beer presentations by different brewers
- "Royal Grand Tasting", with simple dinner buffet style
- Train back
- For die-hards: pub crawl

Sunday 30 June
Excursion 3. "Sunday"
- visit to a monastery
- Lunch and beer tasting
- Facultative: visit to Tilburg Beer Festival / Tilburg pub scene.

Facultative: Monday 1 July
- (If there is enough interest) for the sourheads: "Let’s get sour"

Beware: it is by no means a final programme yet. Days can change and we’re in different (early) stages of negotiation with different places, and some we haven’t contacted at all yet. Check the non-US forum regularly and we’ll keep you posted.

garthicus
beers 3025 º places 65 º 03:20 Fri 3/15/2013

Okay - I’m hopefully in! I’ll stay tuned.

Borresteijn
beers 11296 º places 404 º 04:11 Fri 3/15/2013

A little advice from a somewhat experienced RBESG-attendee (3x): I’d switch the grand tasting to Sunday as it will take up quite some time, and you’ll be (a little) drunk afterwards. But that’s just my 2 cents. Looks great already!

chriso
beers 7540 º places 736 º 05:34 Fri 3/15/2013

Sounds good. Agree that Sunday is probably best for Grand Tasting.

Are we talking about being based in Amsterdam?

Leighton
beers 33721 º places 1204 º 06:11 Fri 3/15/2013

I think Saturday is the best day for the grand tasting, as it would allow people to travel on Sunday if they need to be back to work on Monday. I’ve been to one gathering with a Saturday tasting and one with a Sunday tasting, and I prefer keeping Sunday free (or, as the schedule stands, with some low-key event).

rickgordon
beers 3878 º places 41 º 07:28 Fri 3/15/2013

I haven’t attended the last two years and this looks very interesting for me.