2013 College Football Thread

Reads 30947 • Replies 476 • Started Sunday, December 1, 2013 6:40:39 AM CT

The forums you're viewing are the static, archived version. You won't be able to post or reply here.
Our new, modern forums are here:
RateBeer Forums

Thread Frozen

hopscotch
beers 11919 º places 307 º 20:43 Thu 1/2/2014

Originally posted by TheAlum
Originally posted by GodOfThunder
Lol.. UCF v Baylor??

That’ll be fun.. for everyone except JJ.

Care to make any more bold predictions?

Your win won’t add any value or recruiting to your program. Your 2 major assets will leave for the NFL. Next season won’t be very fun for you.

Goodluck!

I’ve never seen anyone serve up a bigger bunch of sour grapes than that.

UCF just won the Fiesta Bowl with their pedestrian recruits. In other words, they just WON the Fiesta Bowl!

Who gives a shit about their recruiting? I mean, c’mon. Even you can’t really be buying into those turds you’re serving up, Alum... or maybe you can. I underestimate at times.

Lest we forget, recruiting battles don’t show up in the annals of college football. Wins do. Especially BIG BOWL GAME wins.

Average fans don’t even pay attention to recruiting. They just watch the games and they see a team win or lose. Period. Sometimes we OCD college football junkies forget we are in the BIG-TIME minority here.

I’ll give credit where credit is due and it’s due right here...

Way to go, UCF. Great win in a really BIG GAME!

All the shit Jj has eaten over the years in this thread? I’m not gonna get in the way of his much-deserved celebration.

hopscotch
beers 11919 º places 307 º 21:18 Thu 1/2/2014

... and the Tide gets bitch-slapped like a two bit whore.

Did not see that coming... at all.

SEC dropping games to Big Ten and Big Twelve teams.

"...and I really don’t think that people that don’t play in our league really don’t understand the quality of our league from top to bottom.
I think there’s probably a lot of animosity out there because of the success that we have in our league..." Nick Saban

jzzbassman
beers 1638 º places 30 º 06:51 Fri 1/3/2014

Originally posted by hopscotch

"...and I really don’t think that people that don’t play in our league really don’t understand the quality of our league from top to bottom.
I think there’s probably a lot of animosity out there because of the success that we have in our league..." Nick Saban

1. Saban needs to spend some time trying to figure out the hurry up no huddle offense. We played 3 teams with it this year, lost to 2 of them and only won at A&M because their defense sucked.
2. If Alabama goes to the Sugar bowl ranked in the Top 10, bet the farm on the other team. Utah part 2.
3. Credit to OU. They played an outstanding game.

I’m taking shit from hundreds of people today as a Bama fan that lived among the Sooners for 15 years.

Funny that no one would take a bet on it.

hopscotch
beers 11919 º places 307 º 08:33 Fri 1/3/2014

Originally posted by jzzbassman

1. Saban needs to spend some time trying to figure out the hurry up no huddle offense. We played 3 teams with it this year, lost to 2 of them and only won at A&M because their defense sucked.
2. If Alabama goes to the Sugar bowl ranked in the Top 10, bet the farm on the other team. Utah part 2.
3. Credit to OU. They played an outstanding game.

I’m taking shit from hundreds of people today as a Bama fan that lived among the Sooners for 15 years.

Funny that no one would take a bet on it.

Yeah, Monte. I LOVE Saban (WV boy), but Jesus God, figure out how to defend the spread and hurry-up offenses.

Smart had a month to figure out how to get those defensive substitutions in there while working with only fifteen seconds (tops) between plays.

The Mad Hatter has it figured out. Have kids fake cramps and injuries after each of your opponent’s offensive plays. They sit out for one play. You make your substitutions and kill any momentum or rhythym your opponent had on offense. Then put the kid back out on the field one play later. I’ve sat and watched him pull that shit against Oregon, West Virginia and Iowa (late in the game when Iowa was running the 2-minute drill).

It pisses me off that the officials never call him on that.

TheAlum
beers 7164 º places 10 º 08:35 Fri 1/3/2014

LSU certainly was good at it. Michigan State is historically good at faking injuries as well on D (to adjust said momentum).

hopscotch
beers 11919 º places 307 º 08:50 Fri 1/3/2014

LSU certainly was good at it. Michigan State is historically good at faking injuries as well on D (to adjust said momentum).
While watching that LSU/Iowa game, I was thinking "Alum HAS to be going bananas right now!"

TheAlum
beers 7164 º places 10 º 08:52 Fri 1/3/2014

While watching that LSU/Iowa game, I was thinking "Alum HAS to be going bananas right now!"

Our offense was anemic anyways. Rudock injured still.

Defense looked good.

Skill position players (As Gumby has mentioned before) are what Iowa lacks currently. Current recruiting class might fix that a bit.

TheAlum
beers 7164 º places 10 º 08:53 Fri 1/3/2014

Good pics on the Twitter of #90 (who looked like he was 30 years old, FWIW) grabbing one leg, training staff working on the other.. then him dancing around on the sidelines a few plays later.

Would be cool to see injuries = out for remaining drive. Not just one play.

jzzbassman
beers 1638 º places 30 º 09:33 Fri 1/3/2014

ON the other hand, how is it that the HUNH (hurry up no huddle) offenses get away with so much movement when in a traditional set if a lineman has a twitch they get called? Kinda sick of that.

GodOfThunder
beers 1364 º places 65 º 13:01 Fri 1/3/2014

Funny.
While I was watching the LSU/Iowa game, I was thinking... wait, I didn’t care about the LSU/Iowa game.