2013 College Football Thread

Reads 30950 • Replies 476 • Started Sunday, December 1, 2013 6:40:39 AM CT

The forums you're viewing are the static, archived version. You won't be able to post or reply here.
Our new, modern forums are here:
RateBeer Forums

Thread Frozen

GodOfThunder
beers 1364 º places 65 º 13:04 Fri 1/3/2014

Al Golden officially offered the job at Penn State. Another few years of restrictions. Al must be a glutton for punishment.

Golden Age.

Maybe Schiano will head back to Miami. Another greaseball from New Jersey is just what Miami needs.

TheAlum
beers 7164 º places 10 º 13:04 Fri 1/3/2014

Originally posted by GodOfThunder
Originally posted by hopscotch
Originally posted by TheAlum
LSU certainly was good at it. Michigan State is historically good at faking injuries as well on D (to adjust said momentum).
While watching that LSU/Iowa game, I was thinking "Alum HAS to be going bananas right now!"

Funny.
While I was watching the LSU/Iowa game, I was thinking... wait, I didn’t care about the LSU/Iowa game.

Most people I know didn’t watch your game, including me. So, there is that. Can’t wait to see the ratings for that one..

GodOfThunder
beers 1364 º places 65 º 13:04 Fri 1/3/2014

Did I mention... EAT MY FUCKING BALLS!!!!!!

BCS CHAMPIONS!!!

Only 31 teams can say that.

TheAlum
beers 7164 º places 10 º 13:07 Fri 1/3/2014

Did I mention... EAT MY FUCKING BALLS!!!!!!

BCS CHAMPIONS!!!

Only 31 teams can say that.

...BCS Champions??

Wut?

You mean "You won a BCS Bowl game", right? Champions means something else, I think..

You do know my team can claim that too.. right? The "winning a BCS game" that is.

TheAlum
beers 7164 º places 10 º 13:16 Fri 1/3/2014

You’ve made me look back at some history.. Man, the ACC really has shit the bed historically in BCS games..

Guyute_Pig
beers 103 º places 48 º 13:18 Fri 1/3/2014

Yes, BCS Champions? I think you may be confused about which game UCF just won, though it must feel like a championship win...

The big boy game is on Monday and all I’ve seen is a lot of talk from FSU folks that it won’t even be a game. Nobody gave UCF or OK a chance did they? I still cannot believe we are playing for the natty one year removed from the shit storm that occurred last year.

GodOfThunder
beers 1364 º places 65 º 13:30 Fri 1/3/2014

Originally posted by hopscotch
LSU certainly was good at it. Michigan State is historically good at faking injuries as well on D (to adjust said momentum).
While watching that LSU/Iowa game, I was thinking "Alum HAS to be going bananas right now!"

Funny.
While I was watching the LSU/Iowa game, I was thinking... wait, I didn’t care about the LSU/Iowa game.

Most people I know didn’t watch your game, including me. So, there is that. Can’t wait to see the ratings for that one..

No. I don’t think you really want to see that. Another dumbass prediction...

http://espnmediazone.com/us/press-releases/2014/01/double-digit-increase-for-rose-fiesta-bowls-combined-viewership/

How were those ratings for the Outback Bowl?

GodOfThunder
beers 1364 º places 65 º 13:34 Fri 1/3/2014

Here we go!!!
http://tvbythenumbers.zap2it.com/2014/01/03/wednesday-cable-ratings-rose-bowl-tops-night-fiesta-bowl-dance-moms-my-strange-addiction-more/226105/

Fiesta Bowl pulled 11.3 million viewers.

Outback Bowl, 5.4 million. Less than half. You barely beat out Big Bang Theory Re-runs on TBS!

GodOfThunder
beers 1364 º places 65 º 13:59 Fri 1/3/2014

Al Golden officially offered the job at Penn State. Another few years of restrictions. Al must be a glutton for punishment.

Golden Age.

Maybe Schiano will head back to Miami. Another greaseball from New Jersey is just what Miami needs.

Reports are already coming out that Golden has accepted.

TheAlum
beers 7164 º places 10 º 13:59 Fri 1/3/2014

Joe Schad (@schadjoe) tweeted at 2:07 PM on Fri, Jan 03, 2014:
Penn State source said Al Golden agreed to speak about the opening as early as today because "It would be coming home."
( https://twitter.com/schadjoe/status/419198420788600832)