2013 College Football Thread

Reads 30949 • Replies 476 • Started Sunday, December 1, 2013 6:40:39 AM CT

The forums you're viewing are the static, archived version. You won't be able to post or reply here.
Our new, modern forums are here:
RateBeer Forums

Thread Frozen

hopscotch
beers 11919 º places 307 º 06:30 Fri 2/7/2014

As usual, WVU signed one scholarship player from the state of West Virginia in this year’s class. If any other school in Div. 1 FBS averages one or zero scholarship player from its own state each year, I don’t know about it.

You work with what you got.

TheAlum
beers 7164 º places 10 º 06:30 Fri 2/7/2014

Originally posted by mgumby10
Iowa 60th ranked class? Ouch. What happened Alum?

Nothing happened. Recruiting off of 2012 results, bro.

Plus, only 19 kids. Gotta look at Star Averages.. not overall recruiting scores.. those are dominated by schools that oversign.

2015 Class is lookin’ dynamite.

TheAlum
beers 7164 º places 10 º 06:36 Fri 2/7/2014

Originally posted by hopscotch
As usual, WVU signed one scholarship player from the state of West Virginia in this year’s class. If any other school in Div. 1 FBS averages one or zero scholarship player from its own state each year, I don’t know about it.

That’s tough.

I always thought Iowa had it bad (and it does with 2 BCS Level programs in the state.. even if Iowa always beats out ISU for recruits unless they are ISU legacy kids).. but West Virginia in state talent.. ouch.

That said, 2015 is off to a hot start for WVU. Same with Iowa.

hopscotch
beers 11919 º places 307 º 06:38 Fri 2/7/2014

Originally posted by TheAlum
Originally posted by hopscotch

That said, 2015 is off to a hot start for WVU. Same with Iowa.

Yes. I’m encouraged.

TheAlum
beers 7164 º places 10 º 06:53 Fri 2/7/2014

We had to drop a 4 Star DB outta Texas who is the brother of a current team member. Didn’t look like he was gonna qualify.. plus he’s been injured both during his Jr and Sr years.

247 gives a better idea of the class as it includes our JuCO who has 4 to play 3 (but can’t sign till end of Spring Semester) and a Gray shirt.

I’m increasingly following 247 a lot more nowadays and less and less Rivals (Though I do think the Iowa guy on twitter from Rivals is pretty great at his job).

hopscotch
beers 11919 º places 307 º 15:08 Fri 2/7/2014

We had to drop a 4 Star DB outta Texas who is the brother of a current team member. Didn’t look like he was gonna qualify.. plus he’s been injured both during his Jr and Sr years.

247 gives a better idea of the class as it includes our JuCO who has 4 to play 3 (but can’t sign till end of Spring Semester) and a Gray shirt.

I’m increasingly following 247 a lot more nowadays and less and less Rivals (Though I do think the Iowa guy on twitter from Rivals is pretty great at his job).

You coming to Hunahpu Day again this year?

TheAlum
beers 7164 º places 10 º 15:11 Fri 2/7/2014

Sadly no.

I’m passing this year. But it allows me to go to Miami at the drop of a hat for JWB stuff once announced.

Also sinking 3 days into attending an RBSG proposal that is completed and has been in the works for 2 years.. I’m very confident it will have a leg up (and no, not Chicago)

I’m hoping next year we’ll do Hunah again

hopscotch
beers 11919 º places 307 º 16:03 Fri 2/7/2014

Sadly no.

I’m passing this year. But it allows me to go to Miami at the drop of a hat for JWB stuff once announced.

Also sinking 3 days into attending an RBSG proposal that is completed and has been in the works for 2 years.. I’m very confident it will have a leg up (and no, not Chicago)

I’m hoping next year we’ll do Hunah again

Not Chicago? I love Chicago. Crap.

hopscotch
beers 11919 º places 307 º 16:10 Fri 2/7/2014

OL commit, Jamie Herr, didn’t sign. I’m actually diving into Twitter head-first to find out what his deal is. I briefly scanned the message board and didn’t see anything other than a lot of stuff about our DC heading to ASU. I hate our message board. Of course, I kinda hate almost all message boards and Twitter too, but what are you gonna do?

mgumby10
beers 1856 º places 47 º 13:27 Sat 2/8/2014

Originally posted by mgumby10
Iowa 60th ranked class? Ouch. What happened Alum?

Nothing happened. Recruiting off of 2012 results, bro.

Plus, only 19 kids. Gotta look at Star Averages.. not overall recruiting scores.. those are dominated by schools that oversign.

2015 Class is lookin’ dynamite.

Actually, that’s incorrect. Rivals, only goes by the teams top 20 recruits as far as team rankings go. Teams that oversign aren’t really at much of an advantage, they just recruit a lot of highly ranked guys.

You just didn’t have any highly ranked guys is all. Your star avg was 2.79 as well so not sure what your talking about there either. I like Wiegers though.