2013 College Football Thread

Reads 30955 • Replies 476 • Started Sunday, December 1, 2013 6:40:39 AM CT

The forums you're viewing are the static, archived version. You won't be able to post or reply here.
Our new, modern forums are here:
RateBeer Forums

Thread Frozen

hopscotch
beers 11919 º places 307 º 16:41 Wed 2/26/2014

Originally posted by TheAlum
Nice win, Eric.

I enjoy seeing Iowa State lose immensely in bball though.

It’s been downhill again since then. I was thrilled for a couple days and then reality hit - we only have 7 scholarship players and they get tired late in games. Give us a couple more years to rebuild after two recruiting classes in-a-row totally disintegrated.

Here:
"A petite, dark-haired young woman tracked a target, using the sight at the business end of a rifle. A trigger squeeze popped a perfect 10 on a scoring monitor, and -- 120 shots of near-perfection later -- the NCAA rifle championship was hers.
West Virginia Mountaineers’ Petra Zublasing proved the sharpest shooter of the championship last weekend, capturing individual titles in the .22-caliber smallbore and air rifle competitions. She also keyed the Mountaineers to an NCAA-best 15th national team title."

You take what your given and run with it, boys. I’m grasping at straws here.

TheAlum
beers 7164 º places 10 º 16:41 Wed 2/26/2014

Downhill here too.

hopscotch
beers 11919 º places 307 º 17:27 Sun 3/2/2014

The #11 Lady Mountaineers knocked off the #6 Lady Branch Davidians in Waco, TX today? That’s all I got.

Guyute_Pig
beers 103 º places 48 º 15:32 Wed 3/5/2014

Originally posted by hopscotch
The #11 Lady Mountaineers knocked off the #6 Lady Branch Davidians in Waco, TX today? That’s all I got.

How long until Gordon Gee says something stupid at WVU?

Guyute_Pig
beers 103 º places 48 º 15:37 Wed 3/5/2014

I’m disappointed there has been no discussion of the Nick Saban 10 second rule attempt. Malzahn is just entrenched in that man’s head.

And big thanks to Shig for sending in the first box o pickem winnings. Hooked me up with some big Midnight Sun wants.

TheAlum
beers 7164 º places 10 º 16:27 Wed 3/5/2014

Is someone really discussing Womens BBall in this thread, Eric?

SHIG
admin
beers 13064 º places 502 º 20:16 Wed 3/5/2014

Originally posted by Guyute_Pig
I’m disappointed there has been no discussion of the Nick Saban 10 second rule attempt. Malzahn is just entrenched in that man’s head.

And big thanks to Shig for sending in the first box o pickem winnings. Hooked me up with some big Midnight Sun wants.

I always pay my debts! Now if I could get some trade feedback, j/k! Can’t wait for football season already.

’Cuse offense for basketball is on life support, could be a short tourney at this pace. They need to get it together for ACC tourney fast!

JoeinDahlem
beers 1664 º places 356 º 08:37 Thu 3/6/2014

Mizzou is fucking awful IMO but could still make the Tournament by beating Tennessee this weekend and winning a couple in the SEC tourney. Even then we would lose in the first or second round of the Dance.

Frankly MLS opening weekend is far more interesting. (I mean that sincerely but those who dislike soccer are welcome to take it as a sarcastic joke.)

TheAlum
beers 7164 º places 10 º 06:49 Fri 3/7/2014

Guyute_Pig
beers 103 º places 48 º 16:24 Tue 3/11/2014

Originally posted by TheAlum
WANT.

http://espn.go.com/college-sports/recruiting/football/story/_/id/10566757/ncaa-considering-early-signing-period-football

I think this happens. Recruiting has changed so much in past 5 yrs, it would be a relief to players and schools.

On a side note, nobody here in Columbus gave two shits about signing day. Sports talk shows adamantly didn’t want to talk about it, "talk to me about recruits when they suit up for a game in the fall". Guess this is why the south smokes the field each year.