New RateBeer app: feedback

Reads 12925 • Replies 163 • Started Thursday, July 20, 2017 2:30:29 AM CT

The forums you're viewing are the static, archived version. You won't be able to post or reply here.
Our new, modern forums are here:
RateBeer Forums

Thread Frozen

drowland
beers 11069 º places 430 º 14:06 Tue 7/25/2017

I will use it to search, but until I can rate individual attributes and total score to the tenths, and actually have the ratings go to my account... then the app is useless to me.

drowland
beers 11069 º places 430 º 14:07 Tue 7/25/2017

Originally posted by drowland
I will use it to search, but until I can rate individual attributes and total score to the tenths, and actually have the ratings go to my account... then the app is useless to me.

Ahh, I see the finger slide thing now, which is neat. I still prefer to rate each attribute, and again, unless the rating actually goes to my account on here, the app is useless and I will keep using the browser.

beastiefan2k
beers 5012 º places 294 º 15:50 Tue 7/25/2017

Originally posted by douglas88
I just figured out the whole rating thing on the app. It does indeed go from .5 to 5.0 as usual. But you have to slide your finger across the numbers. Lots of users are also not seeing this. I feel dumb that I didn’t see it but then again, I’m old.

still using Netscape Navigator old timer?

douglas88
admin
beers 13200 º places 398 º 17:51 Tue 7/25/2017

Originally posted by beastiefan2k
Originally posted by douglas88
I just figured out the whole rating thing on the app. It does indeed go from .5 to 5.0 as usual. But you have to slide your finger across the numbers. Lots of users are also not seeing this. I feel dumb that I didn’t see it but then again, I’m old.

still using Netscape Navigator old timer?

Haha. Almost. It wasn’t intuitive for me at least. Obviously, also for many others who have posted here as well.

Patrickctenchi
beers 7260 º places 41 º 17:55 Tue 7/25/2017

Doesn’t keep your ratings current on your user screen without logging out and then back in....even though I know what I’ve recently rated....not particularly thrilled that the app doesn’t stay current.with use......hopefully the next version will fix all of these complaints.....and I agree, needs to include a scanner,and better search functions......and check-in tab....pretty bare bones......at least this App actually opens up...the old one would flash the home screen and then close after 2 seconds.....but still....not particularly useful....I guess I’ll just keep using the website on the phone instead.....more steps to get there, and internet-availability-iffy depending on location, but gives me a lot more options.

cgarvieuk
beers 37626 º places 457 º 01:43 Wed 7/26/2017

So anyone care to admit to or know anyone who has given the App a 5* review. Its got quite a few. Which frankly beggers belief

adamnowek
beers 7151 º places 117 º 02:25 Wed 7/26/2017

Originally posted by cgarvieuk
So anyone care to admit to or know anyone who has given the App a 5* review. Its got quite a few. Which frankly beggers belief

This.

Lubiere
beers 22804 º places 1170 º 07:30 Wed 7/26/2017

Originally posted by fiulijn
You can rate 4.2 on the App as well, just slide your finger right or left.

My concern is more difficult to assess.
My experience with Untappd is that with the single score users tend to use the upper part of the scale (3 to 5).
Probably with the 5 attribute system, instead, a rater is brought to evaluate the beer with more context and makes better usage of the 0.5 to 5 scale.

As a proof, I barely see low scores on Untappd even for obscene beers (you can say that it’s an easily pleased crowd), but I also did the same when I didn’t have to rate on RB.

If that’s true, we will end up having 2 families of ratings and it wouldn’t be fair to merge the scores.

That is a good point..so crap like Bud and such ABInbev monstrosities will have a higher note?

Lubiere
beers 22804 º places 1170 º 07:37 Wed 7/26/2017

I did receive another invite for Beta users for IoS, but the only problem is that I have an Android phone...Can you put me on a Android list instead, once a Beta is available for Android

blankboy
beers 9698 º 09:47 Wed 7/26/2017

I’m on iOS and would be happy to beta test, if you are looking for more.