BA is emailing Cigar City

Reads 63083 • Replies 239 • Started Monday, February 1, 2010 7:41:07 PM CT

The forums you're viewing are the static, archived version. You won't be able to post or reply here.
Our new, modern forums are here:
RateBeer Forums

Thread Frozen

CanIHave4Beers
beers 4373 º places 76 º 12:14 Tue 2/2/2010

Originally posted by ericandersnavy
freaking hilarious from the CCB blog:

Cigar City Brewing published a new entry entitled "195: Draft Lineup Week of 2-3-10" on 2/2/2010 3:02:50 PM, written by Cigar City Brewing.
195: Draft Lineup Week of 2-3-10

On Tap This Week Starting Wednesday:

Oatmeal Raisin Cookie Ale
Warmer Winter Warmer Old Ale
Cubano Espresso Brown Ale
Humidor India Pale Ale

This is our 4 day beer forecast. If you require the longer time period tap forecast please contact our friendly team of customer service representatives via info@cigarcitybrewing.com

DietPepsican
beers 1592 º places 63 º 12:16 Tue 2/2/2010

CCB just went up a notch

GodOfThunder
beers 1364 º places 65 º 12:18 Tue 2/2/2010

Originally posted by ericandersnavy
freaking hilarious from the CCB blog:

Cigar City Brewing published a new entry entitled "195: Draft Lineup Week of 2-3-10" on 2/2/2010 3:02:50 PM, written by Cigar City Brewing.
195: Draft Lineup Week of 2-3-10

On Tap This Week Starting Wednesday:

Oatmeal Raisin Cookie Ale
Warmer Winter Warmer Old Ale
Cubano Espresso Brown Ale
Humidor India Pale Ale

This is our 4 day beer forecast. If you require the longer time period tap forecast please contact our friendly team of customer service representatives via info@cigarcitybrewing.com

nickd717
beers 10342 º places 299 º 12:19 Tue 2/2/2010

Originally posted by CanIHave4Beers
Originally posted by Degarth
heh, you want a customer service job?

HEY WHAT IS GOING TO BE ON TAP IN TEN DAYS JERK?

That reminds me - my buddy’s brother’s uncle-in-law is going to Tampa for a bike trip and told me he’d pick up a growler of CCB beer if there’s anything I want on tap. First he’s taking a train from Chicago to Atlanta, after which he’ll rent the bike. He’s going to order train tickets a week from next Tuesday and they’ll take 5-10 business days to arrive. Once they get here, he’s going to flip a coin to determine whether he’ll leave the day after he gets the tickets or a week after that day. He’ll then flip another coin to decide whether to get on the 10am train or the 10pm. The train ride takes 20 hours, assuming there’s no delay. The bike shop is one hour walk from the train station and it’s open from 9am to 5pm, and if he arrives after they close, he’ll have to wait til the next morning. He can bike 40 miles a day if it’s sunny, but only 20 miles if it rains. Once he gets to Tampa, if the weather report says it’ll be sunny, he’s going to go to the beach every day until the chance of rain exceeds 50%, up to a maximum of 5 days. After that, he’ll go to the brewery on the first day he can that it’s open. He doesn’t drink beer on Wednesdays or Fridays or during the second week of each month, so if the day after that lands during one of those times, he’ll have to wait til the next available day.

Tap list please!

hopscotch
beers 11919 º places 307 º 12:28 Tue 2/2/2010

Originally posted by Adam77
Jersey may be full retards but we do make some damn good "reality" tv shows!

Well played.

I don’t watch it, but I’ve heard good things.

MeadMe
beers 1711 º places 1 º 12:41 Tue 2/2/2010

Originally posted by nickd717

That reminds me - my buddy’s brother’s uncle-in-law is going to Tampa for a bike trip and told me he’d pick up a growler of CCB beer if there’s anything I want on tap. First he’s taking a train from Chicago to Atlanta, after which he’ll rent the bike. He’s going to order train tickets a week from next Tuesday and they’ll take 5-10 business days to arrive. Once they get here, he’s going to flip a coin to determine whether he’ll leave the day after he gets the tickets or a week after that day. He’ll then flip another coin to decide whether to get on the 10am train or the 10pm. The train ride takes 20 hours, assuming there’s no delay. The bike shop is one hour walk from the train station and it’s open from 9am to 5pm, and if he arrives after they close, he’ll have to wait til the next morning. He can bike 40 miles a day if it’s sunny, but only 20 miles if it rains. Once he gets to Tampa, if the weather report says it’ll be sunny, he’s going to go to the beach every day until the chance of rain exceeds 50%, up to a maximum of 5 days. After that, he’ll go to the brewery on the first day he can that it’s open. He doesn’t drink beer on Wednesdays or Fridays or during the second week of each month, so if the day after that lands during one of those times, he’ll have to wait til the next available day.

Tap list please!

got a big belly laugh out of that one.

cquiroga
beers 371 º places 11 º 12:56 Tue 2/2/2010

Originally posted by askofficerfriendly
Originally posted by nickd717

Tap list please!

got a big belly laugh out of that one.

GTFO.

A new line of beers a la the "$110k+OT" brand, for the surly sole proprietor in us all.

TheAlum
beers 7164 º places 10 º 12:57 Tue 2/2/2010

"Tap Forecast Series"

cquiroga
beers 371 º places 11 º 13:02 Tue 2/2/2010

I’m thinking this is the perfect occasion to put together a Mad Libs-style "easy question" form response for the Cigar City Customer Service Representative Team, which could easily be programmed to randomize based on time of day or something else like that, and could contain all of the goofy and eccentric character of Joey’s most absurd ramblings, but would require virtually no energy or additional work after the initial programming. And the programming itself would be nothing, I’d guess, for someone who knows what the hell they’re doing. I could even do the shit in Excel. Go team, go!

What are the most basic questions that come up all the time, to which you would like to give a quick, "blow-off" style answer but not run the risk of encountering this same situation again?

"Upcoming tap list?"
"Arrange a special visit?"
"Distribution to my area?"

CanIHave4Beers
beers 4373 º places 76 º 13:06 Tue 2/2/2010

Originally posted by cquiroga
I’m thinking this is the perfect occasion to put together a Mad Libs-style "easy question" form response for the Cigar City Customer Service Representative Team, which could easily be programmed to randomize based on time of day or something else like that, and could contain all of the goofy and eccentric character of Joey’s most absurd ramblings, but would require virtually no energy or additional work after the initial programming. And the programming itself would be nothing, I’d guess, for someone who knows what the hell they’re doing. I could even do the shit in Excel. Go team, go!

What are the most basic questions that come up all the time, to which you would like to give a quick, "blow-off" style answer but not run the risk of encountering this same situation again?

"Upcoming tap list?"
"Arrange a special visit?"
"Distribution to my area?"

Are you trying to steal after4ever’s Job?