BA is emailing Cigar City

Reads 63123 • Replies 239 • Started Monday, February 1, 2010 7:41:07 PM CT

The forums you're viewing are the static, archived version. You won't be able to post or reply here.
Our new, modern forums are here:
RateBeer Forums

Thread Frozen

TheAlum
beers 7164 º places 10 º 06:38 Wed 2/3/2010

As long as you are handing out judgments about other breweries, it would seem only fair for us to hear which one you work for.

TheAlum
beers 7164 º places 10 º 06:43 Wed 2/3/2010

Originally posted by FlssmrBrewAlum
As long as you are handing out judgments about other breweries, it would seem only fair for us to hear which one you work for.

More importantly.. do you make any beers with Prickly Pear in them?

BrewEngineer
beers 1 º 06:43 Wed 2/3/2010

I don’t remember saying that I worked for a brewery. I am a brewer and have worked with breweries, but I have no affiliation with them. I currently work in the petroleum chemical industry.

gunhaver
beers 1030 º places 13 º 06:45 Wed 2/3/2010

Originally posted by BrewEngineer
Even if a customer makes a somewhat smart remark, you must treat them professionally.

no this is not true

BrewEngineer
beers 1 º 06:46 Wed 2/3/2010

My friend just made a prickly pear mead. Tossing strange ingredient in a beer does not make said beer amazing.

BrewEngineer
beers 1 º 06:47 Wed 2/3/2010

Originally posted by gunhaver
Even if a customer makes a somewhat smart remark, you must treat them professionally.

no this is not true

Please never start a business. Your mindset really is a poor start.

goldtwins
beers 4319 º places 5 º 06:47 Wed 2/3/2010

My friend just made a prickly pear mead. Tossing strange ingredient in a beer does not make said beer amazing.

Correct, their talent does.

mtoast
beers 336 º places 13 º 06:47 Wed 2/3/2010

Well played sir.

SrSilliGose
beers 3351 º places 252 º 06:49 Wed 2/3/2010

I have read way too far into this thread. The anti-BA sentiment is pretty disgusting here.
As a BA member since aught 2, I just don’t get why people try to generalize based on a few members. It is sad that the older members here even take part in this. I know I would jump on anyone’s case over at BA if they made a general negative comment about this site.
Aside from that childish BS, I have to also comment about this thread topic. As a brewer, I am appalled at the response from Joey at CC. I can’t believe anyone could act like that towards a customer. Even if a customer makes a somewhat smart remark, you must treat them professionally. This reminds me of something you would see out of Tomme Arthur. I have watch and cheered on the success of Cigar City ever since their opening day. As a southern brewer, I love to see new breweries opening in our region. However, this has sort of changed my opinion on CC. They make decent beer, but nothing has been amazing. They certainly need all the support they can get, so I don’t think this was a good move. Lets hope they make a nice apology to this customer and get everything cleared up. I work with customers every day. They might not always be right, but you have to give them respect either way.

Dead horse beaten...

maybe we like it when the brewers talk shit to us

gunhaver
beers 1030 º places 13 º 06:51 Wed 2/3/2010

Originally posted by gunhaver

no this is not true

Please never start a business. Your mindset really is a poor start.

thanks for the advice friend