The new Copenhagen beer fests

Reads 11196 • Replies 96 • Started Sunday, May 13, 2012 3:49:38 AM CT

The forums you're viewing are the static, archived version. You won't be able to post or reply here.
Our new, modern forums are here:
RateBeer Forums

Thread Frozen

Jeppe
beers 2634 º places 84 º 12:13 Thu 5/17/2012

Originally posted by Papsoe
Originally posted by LordValentin
Originally posted by MagicDave6
Only fault i could see was a lack of places to rince glasses, but it was a probably a good thing that you had to buy water to do it as this probably kept alot of people from failing too early.

I actually think you are right, the fact that (most) people had a bottle of water in the pocket - and no place to spit it out - might have been a good thing.

Come on guys, don’t be fucking stupid.
The ability to rinse your glass is a basic beery right - especially since the program emphasizes that you can only use the official glass, no hand bottles etc "out of respect for the brewers". Cool.
Is sampling a Mikkeller Spontandoubleblueberry followed by a subtle pale Saison with no rinsing facilities in between "showing respect"? Of course it’s not.
Everybody knows that, the organizers know that and I’m certain this will be changed if there’s gonna be a CBC vers. 2. Stop being so bloody defensive that you defend even the most obvious mistakes. We’re not bleeding idiots.

Papsoe Papasoe, the language....

LordValentin
beers 1 º places 1 º 04:02 Fri 5/18/2012

The ability to rinse your glass is a basic beery right - especially since the program emphasizes that you can only use the official glass, no hand bottles etc "out of respect for the brewers". Cool.
Is sampling a Mikkeller Spontandoubleblueberry followed by a subtle pale Saison with no rinsing facilities in between "showing respect"? Of course it’s not.
Everybody knows that, the organizers know that and I’m certain this will be changed if there’s gonna be a CBC vers. 2. Stop being so bloody defensive that you defend even the most obvious mistakes. We’re not bleeding idiots.

Yeah Papsø, not saying it was clever to leave out rinsing stations, just saying that I liked the fact that people remembered to drink water. Is all..

Travlr
beers 33916 º places 4599 º 06:04 Fri 5/18/2012

Originally posted by GT2
Originally posted by GT2
Originally posted by Travlr
Only fault i could see was a lack of places to rince glasses, but it was a probably a good thing that you had to buy water to do it as this probably kept alot of people from failing too early.

I actually think you are right, the fact that (most) people had a bottle of water in the pocket - and no place to spit it out - might have been a good thing.

At the Struise booth, we did not serve Dirty Horse to anyone with a dirty glass (especially a deep purple glass!) or to anyone who had a lit cigarette in their hands.

And of course that’s how it should be Gene! (Although those buckets of water did not look all THAT tempting )

Well on Day 1 I was refilling the two buckets with fresh water. On Day 2 I’m not sure who’s job it was but it would get nasty and then I ordered Urbain to refresh them

So YOU were Urbain’s boss GT? That’s kinda interesting...

I was working my butt off and I just found the first person who wasn’t doing anything. Whoops.
and Urbain said "yes sir!" and promptly obeyed!

Papsoe
beers 25039 º places 4 º 06:59 Fri 5/18/2012

Yeah Papsø, not saying it was clever to leave out rinsing stations, just saying that I liked the fact that people remembered to drink water. Is all..

Yeah, sorry for coming out a hothead on this one Morten. I’m just really, really anal about dirty, sticky beer glasses, so I had a hard time finding anything positive about the almost total absence of rinsing facilities. But I understand your point.
And as said elsewhere, I’m pretty certain that this is an issue that will be much improved by the good people behind CBC - if a second edition should ever materialize. It’s all good.

Papsoe
beers 25039 º places 4 º 08:27 Fri 5/18/2012

More coverage of the CBC with several links to blogs etc. - in Googlish via the beer news site Beerticker

MagicDave6
beers 1 º places 1 º 02:41 Sat 5/19/2012

Got our toys back in the pram Henrik

Its probably just a case of I see it from a practical point of view and can see from looking at the festival that it would have been hard to have glass cleaning facilities at all stands. And theres also the fact that i only drank 5 different beers while i was there and there were all very similar.

FrumptyDumpty
02:43 Sat 5/19/2012

Got our toys back in the pram Henrik

Its probably just a case of I see it from a practical point of view and can see from looking at the festival that it would have been hard to have glass cleaning facilities at all stands. And theres also the fact that i only drank 5 different beers while i was there and there were all very similar.

And once I gave you the Pint glass it just made things easier.

MPA
beers 1429 º places 6 º 00:10 Mon 5/21/2012

Al-rite, you know what I liked about CBC? The guests. I was a volunteer both days and it was a (hard) pleasure. I have been helping in Mikkellers booth in Tap1 the last few years and I am sick and tired of people asking me for a beer with the words "I dont like ale, what have you got?" To me, beer is not just a good time, it is also my livelyhood and the most diverse and interesting thing you can offer my palat. Being surrounded by people who were there for the taste, the craftmansship and not just the alcohol, was amazing. Friendly faces, big smiles, consideration for the next guy/girl that wanted a beer and allround good manners was a treat for me. Oh, and the beers. I liked them... If guest at next CBC (whenever it may be) are anything like this year, I swear I will work my a%& off to make it a pleasent visit. See you there.

+ 1 from this volunteer who could only be there saturday unfortunately

MPA
beers 1429 º places 6 º 00:20 Mon 5/21/2012

Originally posted by Jeppe

BAN HIM!

MPA
beers 1429 º places 6 º 00:26 Mon 5/21/2012

Yeah, sorry for coming out a hothead on this one Morten. I’m just really, really anal about dirty, sticky beer glasses, so I had a hard time finding anything positive about the almost total absence of rinsing facilities. But I understand your point.
And as said elsewhere, I’m pretty certain that this is an issue that will be much improved by the good people behind CBC - if a second edition should ever materialize. It’s all good.

There were three rinsing stations outside hardly ever used, and you could even fit four guys in to each of them?