Get In This Thread for College Football 2012

Reads 82107 • Replies 927 • Started Monday, October 1, 2012 2:04:43 PM CT

The forums you're viewing are the static, archived version. You won't be able to post or reply here.
Our new, modern forums are here:
RateBeer Forums

Thread Frozen

CheesedMan
beers 555 º places 12 º 11:17 Wed 1/23/2013

Originally posted by Guyute_Pig
Originally posted by CheesedMan
Rivals final recruiting update, and Chris Jones is now a 5*. That is all.

(Yes Gumby, my pee pee got hard again)

Does your pee pee shrivel knowing his last visit before signing day is to AU?

Good get on De’Runnya. I wanted him just for his name, though he may end up more of a bball player.

You got bad information my friend.

Jones said dealing with the media has been a crazy experience. But he knows where he is going so they do not bother him much.

"All you can really do is just not let it get to you," he said. "Where were these guys in the summer when nobody knew who I was? I never turn down an interview with the MSU media. They have been there for m all this time. You just have to be comfortable with yourself. They know they are lying and I know where I am going, Mississippi State. I might, that is might, go tour Alabama, but I have no plans and have not made any plans for the last two weekends. I might go to Starkville and help recruit."

The 247 story was a compete BS job.

I am happy we got a commit from Wilson. Looking to close out strong, we’ll see.

Guyute_Pig
beers 103 º places 48 º 11:33 Wed 1/23/2013

Not surprising Cheese, internet crackheads unite for homestretch recruiting season.

Anybody see what the corndogs lost (10 early), lol good luck w that Les:
Gone from graduation:
OT Josh Dworaczyk
OT Alex Hurst
C PJ Lonergan
TE Chase Clement
WR Russell Shepard
DE Lavar Edwards
DT Josh Downs
K Drew Alleman

Early entry to NFL:
LT Chris Faulk
RB Michael Ford
RB Spencer Ware
DE Bark Mingo
DE Sam Montgomery
DT Bennie Logan
MLB Kevin Minter
CB Tharold Simon
Safety Eric Reid
Punter Brad Wing (good grief)
They also lost Chris Davenport a backup OT who decided not to play his senior year.

TheAlum
beers 7164 º places 10 º 11:34 Wed 1/23/2013

...I’m pretty sure a lot of those kids didn’t like their S&C Coach calling them out like he did.

Guyute_Pig
beers 103 º places 48 º 11:42 Wed 1/23/2013

Originally posted by TheAlum
...I’m pretty sure a lot of those kids didn’t like their S&C Coach calling them out like he did.

Yeah, that sign was awesome. Au had the opposite issue under Chiz, clearly weren’t working hard in the gym. They are all moaning how tough it is now. One guy just tweeted something like "last year he could go out and party the night before a workout, not now". Pathetic.

JoeinDahlem
beers 1664 º places 356 º 12:07 Wed 1/23/2013

Originally posted by mgumby10
Wow, NCAA fucked up and obtained some info illegally against Miami and are now holding off the Notice of Allegations til they internally investigate. This sucks its drawn out longer, but this could be great news for Miami. They wont be able to use the illegally obtained info against us, it will be thrown out.

Most insiders are thinking this case never even reaches the Infraction Committee now and the 2 bowl bans already served will be sufficient, and they’ll move on. If we get no scholly reductions I’ll be loving life. (peepee getting hard)

Of course these are just opinions and nothings for sure, but things could be looking up.

Meanwhile Missouri coach Frank Haith is left dangling too. Somebody anonymously leaked allegations to CBS, but Haith and his lawyer say they still haven’t seen anything from the NCAA. Today’s news might explain it. I assume his allegations are tied in with the rest.

hopscotch
beers 11919 º places 307 º 15:05 Wed 1/23/2013

If Miami gets off with less than another two years of bowl ineligibility and the loss of at least 10 scholarships each year for the next five years and anyone currently on the team being allowed to transfer without losing one year of eligibility, I’ll have to add Miami to my long list of programs I hate.

Haters gonna hate.
Potatoes gonna potate.

mgumby10
beers 1856 º places 47 º 16:13 Wed 1/23/2013

Originally posted by hopscotch
If Miami gets off with less than another two years of bowl ineligibility and the loss of at least 10 scholarships each year for the next five years and anyone currently on the team being allowed to transfer without losing one year of eligibility, I’ll have to add Miami to my long list of programs I hate.

Haters gonna hate.
Potatoes gonna potate.

Well, get ready to hate my friend cuz that aint happening.

You already hated us anyways. Too many ass whoopins in the past not too. I understand.

TheAlum
beers 7164 º places 10 º 17:38 Wed 1/23/2013

Miami is rolling Dook..

mgumby10
beers 1856 º places 47 º 17:57 Wed 1/23/2013

Miami is rolling Dook..

I knew we were a good team, I didnt realize we’re the best team in the country until tonight. Feels good.

hopscotch
beers 11919 º places 307 º 21:41 Wed 1/23/2013

Originally posted by mgumby10
Miami is rolling Dook..

I knew we were a good team, I didnt realize we’re the best team in the country until tonight. Feels good.

If Duke were at the beach tonight and they threw the basketball toward the water, they would have missed the freaking ocean every time. It happens. WVU ran into the same kind of night against #1 seed Kentucky in the elite eight a few years back. I think Kentucky started out 0-19 from 3-point land. So we clogged the paint and played tough zone defense out to about 15’ from the rim. It worked. They couldn’t hit shit. Kentucky and John Wall only started hitting 3-pointers when it was way too late and all pressure was off of them. Ironically, in the final four, WVU ran into a Duke buzz-saw that couldn’t miss from 3-point land and any other shot from outside of 15’ from the rim. We had to extend the defense, they then passed the ball inside for easy lay-ins. Of course, the year before, we pounded Duke in the second round to make it to the Sweet Sixteen. Paybacks are a bitch.
Anyway, I’m glad Miami beat Duke. It’s basketball and Miami has traditionally sucked at it... and I HATE DUKE BASKETBALL!

Miami football is gonna get hammered by the NCAA.