I will never again drink a budwieser.

Reads 15537 • Replies 164 • Started Sunday, February 1, 2015 8:03:14 PM CT

The forums you're viewing are the static, archived version. You won't be able to post or reply here.
Our new, modern forums are here:
RateBeer Forums

Thread Frozen

peepthesot
beers 10 º places 6 º 18:50 Tue 2/3/2015

bitbucket
beers 2166 º places 63 º 19:12 Tue 2/3/2015

Originally posted by peepthesot
Originally posted by bitbucket
Originally posted by MYJELLOMISFIT
Originally posted by Butters
Yep. I used to actually still drink budwieser when there was nothing better available. But after that commercial, I’ll go dry before I ever consume another bud.

It was the best advertising campaign Budweiser has ever had. A nine Million dollar investment infiltrated nearly every corner of craft beer; websites (including this one), facebook, Twitter, blogs, watercoolers, craft breweries and big players alike (including MillerCoors) all are talking about one name and one name only, Budweiser. I am no advocate for InBusch trust me. But what they successfully did was get their name in every craft beer enthusiasts head and mouth. Ask the Kardashians if bad publicity makes them money. Do I dislike InBusch more than I did already? Nope. Still the same old thing, new trick though. Do I want to share a beer with the Marketing guy who got that ad aired? You bet! Give them respect where it is due. You may not like the monster they have become but they started "the hard way" just like all the craft breweries (including Elysian and Goose Island). Hell without tanks from a growing Budweiser facility Sierra Nevada wouldn’t be what it is. You gave them what they wanted. Budweiser all over craft beer.

I think there actually IS such a thing as bad publicity. A bunch of people who might otherwise be on the fence probably interpreted the message as saying "Hi there, craft beer noob. We here at AB think you’re a dick because you’re not drinking our beer all the time." That can’t possibly go in AB’s favor.

No way was this bad publicity for AB. The only people they pissed off are the ones who either avoid their products altogether or are ambivalent about them anyway.

I certainly won’t be buying any Bud (I hate the stuff), but I certainly won’t stop buying Wild Goose, Elysian, or even any AB branded craft oriented product that is worthwhile (and there are some).
Whoever puts out quality gets some of my $$$, regardless of how big or small they are.

The fact that it makes no difference to one person is irrelevant.

I see four broad categories:
1. Now more likely to buy Bud
2. Makes no difference.
3. Now less likely to buy Bud
4. Now less likely to buy Bud and other brands in the AB/InBev stable

Unless category #1 outweighs categories #3 and #4, they fucked up. I’m betting on this.

And it’s "Goose Island".

Reid
beers 3533 º places 95 º 19:54 Tue 2/3/2015

I am wondering if part of their assault against "craft beer" is infiltration of beer sites like this by "enthusiasts"

CLevar
places 23 º 20:13 Tue 2/3/2015

Originally posted by Reid
I am wondering if part of their assault against "craft beer" is infiltration of beer sites like this by "enthusiasts"

Yes, that’s obviously whats going on....

TheHOFF43
beers 2045 º places 169 º 20:21 Tue 2/3/2015

Originally posted by TheHOFF43
AB in talks to acquire one of the 5 largest craft brewers...

Do they make a pumpkin peach beer?

I assume you’re referring to this?

Much, much larger. My uncle is a prominent businessman in Rehoboth Beach, DE. Was talking to him tonight about my trip there this summer and he mentioned some stuff. Not saying its Dogfish Head (it isn’t) but he heard it from someone at DFH whom he knows quite well.

bhops
beers 433 º places 37 º 20:25 Tue 2/3/2015

Who gets the Pulitzer for their coverage and commentary in this thread?

sethdude
beers 708 º places 17 º 21:05 Tue 2/3/2015

I will only buy one ABI product, and that is Budweiser Chelada.

peepthesot
beers 10 º places 6 º 21:23 Tue 2/3/2015

...And it’s "Goose Island"... <snip>
...The fact that it makes no difference to one person is irrelevant...

LOL. I stand corrected...of course, you’re right (I don’t know where the hell I got ’Wild Goose’ from.. That’s what I get for drinking a barleywine when posting.

Either way, I still think that the brewhaha with regard to the ad is much ado about nothing. I think it safe to say that it makes no difference to far more than one person.
But hey..."it’s only beer..."

GT
beers 10001 º places 672 º 21:31 Tue 2/3/2015

What does Budweiser have to say about Firestone Walker Pivo Pils in canned six packs? I’m sure as hell not dissecting those, ima take them to the dome and then engage maximum boost.

Drake
admin
beers 21771 º places 1252 º 22:21 Tue 2/3/2015

Originally posted by GT2
Originally posted by Drake
People here are acting like the commercial is intended for us at all. It’s not. We’re the butt of a joke, not an attack. This is what their core customer already thinks about us anyway.

Then why spend $1M telling people who are not craft beer drinkers that craft beer is silly if they already know it is silly?

In battle, do you de-humanize the enemy to your own troops, or to the enemy?