I will never again drink a budwieser.

Reads 15548 • Replies 164 • Started Sunday, February 1, 2015 8:03:14 PM CT

The forums you're viewing are the static, archived version. You won't be able to post or reply here.
Our new, modern forums are here:
RateBeer Forums

Thread Frozen

Indra
beers 2711 º places 78 º 13:38 Wed 2/4/2015

Boston Beer Co.?

MYJELLOMISFIT
beers 1 º 13:44 Wed 2/4/2015

Originally posted by bitbucket
Had a brief chat with a former marketing VP for Miller. His thoughts:

1. The ad was created long before the Elysian acquisition, so the whole "Pumpkin Peach" thing was a non-issue when the ad was written.
2. The idea behind the ad was "be proud of who you are," which he applauds, BUT... the execution was pretty horrible. He says he imagines that the people at AB were really excited to get the the ad in front of the Superbowl audience, but the day after had to be a horrible experience in the marketing department.

So, as I’ve already said, there really is such a thing as bad publicity.

Correct. There is bad publicity. It still makes the monster money. I think in general everyone who is upset with the ad (and it was intentionally produced to insult a stereotype) already refuse to drink InBusch. I think Bud is trying really hard to keep hold of it’s drinkers, not discourage us (who have already departed from supporting the monster) from continuing to not drink Bud.

TheHOFF43
beers 2045 º places 169 º 13:58 Wed 2/4/2015

A lot of places say they wont sell but when $$$$$$$$$$ comes knocking, people go "well, it can’t hurt to listen" then they go "well, they will still brew OUR beer under OUR name but more people will get to try it" and then they sell. Pretty much how this is going down, from what I know.

Reid
beers 3533 º places 95 º 14:17 Wed 2/4/2015

Originally posted by TheHOFF43
A lot of places say they wont sell but when $$$$$$$$$$ comes knocking, people go "well, it can’t hurt to listen" then they go "well, they will still brew OUR beer under OUR name but more people will get to try it" and then they sell. Pretty much how this is going down, from what I know.

I find that realistic but sad.
Still dont see why Deschutes would sell..even in the huge supermarkets they have great shelf space..as much up here as Bud and Bud light have.
If AB got Deschutes its all over for up and coming breweries..its done

T0DIEF0R
14:17 Wed 2/4/2015

Why all the fuss over a truck commercial?

obguthr
beers 11732 º places 22 º 17:26 Wed 2/4/2015

Originally posted by Reid

Still dont see why Deschutes would sell..even in the huge supermarkets they have great shelf space..as much up here as Bud and Bud light have.

In Oregon yes, but there are many states where Deschutes isn’t yet sold. With their established reputation, the shelf space is open for the taking.

CLevar
places 23 º 22:53 Wed 2/4/2015

So now, when an inquiring mind who saw that commercial is intrigued enough to delve into the world of "craft" beer they see 16 pages (and that’s just this thread) of people exactly fitting the stereotype that the commercial portrayed...think that person is more likely to A) Run away, or B) Trade for a
kBBSSBBs and grow a neck beard?

tourdulichnga
04:12 Thu 2/5/2015

i dont like this beer too, its so terible

Reid
beers 3533 º places 95 º 04:13 Thu 2/5/2015

Originally posted by obguthr
Originally posted by Reid

In Oregon yes, but there are many states where Deschutes isn’t yet sold. With their established reputation, the shelf space is open for the taking.

Surely as successful as Deschutes are they would go the SN or NB route and open a Eastern facility?

drowland
beers 11069 º places 430 º 06:59 Thu 2/5/2015

Originally posted by tourdulichnga
i dont like this beer too, its so terible

Are you promoting your website that has nothing on it...?