I will never again drink a budwieser.

Reads 15541 • Replies 164 • Started Sunday, February 1, 2015 8:03:14 PM CT

The forums you're viewing are the static, archived version. You won't be able to post or reply here.
Our new, modern forums are here:
RateBeer Forums

Thread Frozen

CharmCityCrab
beers 244 º 20:31 Sun 2/1/2015

Airing an ad that basically attempts to say "We’ve got balls and you don’t" and immediately trying to backtrack and weasel out of it is pretty funny. The people at AB-Inbev must be Patriots fans, because their balls seem kind of deflated.

joet
admin
beers 2900 º places 125 º 20:39 Sun 2/1/2015

The Bud ad looks down on beer geeks like a bunch of theater people or chess enthusiasts.

cbfobes
beers 2938 º places 29 º 20:44 Sun 2/1/2015

Shaun Hill has a Pumpkin Peach beer in secondary as we speak and it will soon be in the top 50.

Keir
beers 183 º places 1 º 20:52 Sun 2/1/2015

joet
admin
beers 2900 º places 125 º 21:08 Sun 2/1/2015

yep just saw that!

CharmCityCrab
beers 244 º 21:19 Sun 2/1/2015

Originally posted by Keir
InBev brews a peach pumpkin beer
http://www.ratebeer.com/beer/elysian-gourdgia-on-my-mind/291278/

LOL!

Frank
beers 4562 º places 92 º 21:31 Sun 2/1/2015

Don’t have time to read garbage threads but I just wanted to say I am drinking a Budweiser right now and it is pretty dang good. Exceptionally light on the palate w/ a hint of apple. Has anyone else tried this beer?

Well, they at least care very much about the business of "fussy beer dissectors" or else they wouldn’t keep buying up craft brewers. From that commercial, you’d think they would want nothing to do with us when the opposite is closer to the truth.

CharmCityCrab
beers 244 º 21:42 Sun 2/1/2015

Originally posted by Frank
Don’t have time to read garbage threads but I just wanted to say I am drinking a Budweiser right now and it is pretty dang good. Exceptionally light on the palate w/ a hint of apple. Has anyone else tried this beer?

LOL. I actually like the flagship Budweiser better than the Miller or Coors flagships (Though I’ll take Miller Lite or Coors Lite over Bud Lite). Not the point, though. I think they could have touted the quality of their beer without basically calling out people who sometimes like to drink more flavorful beer or variant styles. I have no problem with Budweiser making Budweisers, they taste fine for what they are, and I like the lower price point relative to craft. I’d just rather drink a good IPA or something than a macro lager 99% of the time, if you take price out of the picture (In the real world, price is in the picture a lot more often than 1% of the time, though!).

I can’t speak for anyone else, but I didn’t dislike the ad because it touted Budweiser as a beer, I didn’t like the ad because it made fun of craft beer and craft beer drinkers. Although, you know, I’ll live. ;) It was an interesting enough ad to log in and talk about. That’s something. I’m sure this thread will provide me some good reading the next couple days, so I guess in a roundabout way I have Inbev to thank for that.

I thought they were a little out of line, though.

Drjohnrock
beers 1292 º places 67 º 21:56 Sun 2/1/2015

Originally posted by joet
The Bud ad looks down on beer geeks like a bunch of theater people or chess enthusiasts.

Judging by my admittedly less-than-scientific observations in my area, a growing number of sports bar loving rednecks are starting to drink craft beer. A-B must be shitting their pants. I love it!