I will never again drink a budwieser.

Reads 15542 • Replies 164 • Started Sunday, February 1, 2015 8:03:14 PM CT

The forums you're viewing are the static, archived version. You won't be able to post or reply here.
Our new, modern forums are here:
RateBeer Forums

Thread Frozen

bitbucket
beers 2166 º places 63 º 18:32 Mon 2/2/2015

Originally posted by ContemplateBeer
Originally posted by minutemat
Last year i was lucky enough to share a pint or six with a guy who was Guinness’ head brewer in their Nairobi brewery (bigger than their Dublin plant). He told me he once met Budweiser’s head brewmasters and explained why he had the deepest respect for them. Not because he liked the beer. They clearly knew the beer was terrible. It was simply that it took great skill to make a beer so consistently lowest-common-denominator bland with the ingredients that Bud uses. The brewers know its bad. Bud’s owners & executives know its bad. But marketing & drinkability make it the biggest selling beer in the world. And thats worth protecting no matter what the cost.
Consistency (or at least quality control) is definitely something to be lauded, but are you really arguing that making consistently bland beer is something worth our respect? I have a hard time buying that.

Most of the Urquell cans, Bitburger cans, SNPA I’ve ever bought is pretty consistent, and I’d rather have any of those (and many more) over Budweiser.

Adolphus Busch was the founder of AB/Budweiser, but did not drink his own beer, which he referred to as "that slop": with his German accent it came out as "dot schlop".

But it actually gets worse. Over the years AB has slowly put less and less into their beer, (less malt, less hops) so Adolphus might not even recognize today’s Bud as his own product. But I’m sure he’d be down with the resulting higher profit margins.

bitbucket
beers 2166 º places 63 º 18:40 Mon 2/2/2015

The Budweiser reference is just after the one minute mark.

drowland
beers 11069 º places 430 º 19:11 Mon 2/2/2015

CLevar
places 23 º 19:35 Mon 2/2/2015

Beerdrinker79
beers 2189 º places 7 º 19:39 Mon 2/2/2015

Originally posted by HuskerTan
I actually thought it was hilarious. A little bit of humor never hurts and isn’t that what advertising is supposed to to? Attack those that are better than you are in order. Granted it’s Budweiser...but still.

I agree, I actually laughed. I hate AB/Inbev, i will never buy their products on a regular basis, and i am totally disgusted with them, but i thought the commercial was humorous. I was much more offended by the purchase of Elysian/10 Barrel than i was by that commercial.

GodOfThunder
beers 1364 º places 65 º 20:11 Mon 2/2/2015

Originally posted by CLevar
https://twitter.com/MillerCoors/status/562420167603286016/photo/1

Well played, Miller.
Miller is usually my choice when in need of a pale lager. I love a good pale lager. There is a time and a place for all beer styles.

bitbucket
beers 2166 º places 63 º 21:04 Mon 2/2/2015

Originally posted by drowland
Anyone else catch Northern Brewer trying to cash in on this?

http://www.northernbrewer.com/shop/peach-of-resistance-pumpkin-peach-ale-kit.html/?icn=NBHomepage&ici=Peach-of-Resistance

Nice! But they should have gone with Pêche de Résistance.

brokensail
admin
beers 21480 º places 1691 º 21:05 Mon 2/2/2015

Hope everyone in this thread is scrolling past those crappy Bourbon County beers.

drowland
beers 11069 º places 430 º 21:36 Mon 2/2/2015

Someone just texted me this

bhops
beers 433 º places 37 º 21:43 Mon 2/2/2015

Bud is the fast food of beers.

It’d be funny to see mcdonalds try a similar campaign.

Food, not for savoring.