Shaun Hill asks DC bar to not serve his beer

Reads 33517 • Replies 228 • Started Friday, March 21, 2014 10:31:45 PM CT

The forums you're viewing are the static, archived version. You won't be able to post or reply here.
Our new, modern forums are here:
RateBeer Forums

Thread Frozen

HornyDevil
05:54 Sat 3/22/2014

"I have a brewery that is in the middle of nowhere. Said brewery’s beers are very popular, but do not have a very wide distribution. A lot of people want my beers, but can’t get them. Some of those people go out of their way to get them in less than proper ways. I am infuriated that other people are making money off of the fact that my beers are popular and my distribution is small."

Who am I?

fletche00
06:07 Sat 3/22/2014

The same guy who blacklisted people for selling his beers on Ebay is now pissed that people are "importing" them to bars and making money off them....are we surprised by this?

Can’t disagree w/ SH though, people are making money off of his product that he didn’t authorize, and he needs to protect his brand. It seems for how often this comes up, he may just want to consider not doing Growler fills anymore.

jake65
beers 4400 º places 158 º 06:45 Sat 3/22/2014

Originally posted by fletche00
The same guy who blacklisted people for selling his beers on Ebay is now pissed that people are "importing" them to bars and making money off them....are we surprised by this?

Can’t disagree w/ SH though, people are making money off of his product that he didn’t authorize, and he needs to protect his brand. It seems for how often this comes up, he may just want to consider not doing Growler fills anymore.

+1

Seems like someone needs to make a choice. Once that product is sold and leaves the premises, you can’t control how its handled or how its re-sold. If its that big of an issue, stop selling growlers. Especially if this is a continuous issue.

SudsMcDuff
beers 8597 º places 190 º 07:02 Sat 3/22/2014

While this particular issue seems legit, most things Shaun Hill says are borderline macadamia..

HornyDevil
07:55 Sat 3/22/2014

Originally posted by jake65
Seems like someone needs to make a choice. Once that product is sold and leaves the premises, you can’t control how its handled or how its re-sold. If its that big of an issue, stop selling growlers. Especially if this is a continuous issue.

Indeed.

Invest in a bottling line and wider distribution if you’re SO concerned.

If not, sell your beer and stop whining.

MacBoost
beers 2074 º places 37 º 08:11 Sat 3/22/2014

Anything for publicity I guess

User37895
beers 3085 º places 92 º 08:20 Sat 3/22/2014

I’m happy if I go through life without ever meeting this little girl.

Everything that is wrong with beer snobbery. Folks wanna extend the reach of your beer and share and even make money off of it, the heck with it. You sold it and got paid.

Next write a snobby letter to RB admins and ban raters who rate 10day old growlers.

It’s freaking beer. Get on with it.

Man, a few fine words come to mind when I think of this guy. Makes me wanna live off of Sierra Nevada and Boston Beer Co from here until death.

miketd
beers 5 º places 125 º 08:24 Sat 3/22/2014

Originally posted by eaglefan538
I’m happy if I go through life without ever meeting this little girl.

Everything that is wrong with beer snobbery. Folks wanna extend the reach of your beer and share and even make money off of it, the heck with it. You sold it and got paid.

Next write a snobby letter to RB admins and ban raters who rate 10day old growlers.

It’s freaking beer. Get on with it.

Man, a few fine words come to mind when I think of this guy. Makes me wanna live off of Sierra Nevada and Boston Beer Co from here until death.

Pretty much this; the guy is such a child. Most of the beer I have had from him isn’t worth the hassle of getting it anyway. He may have a point here somewhere, but his attitude makes me not care.

TheAlum
beers 7164 º places 10 º 08:27 Sat 3/22/2014

This is the guy who used to BM RB raters directly when he didn’t like the scores they were inputting.. not sure if he still does.

HonkeyBra
beers 4044 º places 13 º 08:39 Sat 3/22/2014

Originally posted by TheAlum
This is the guy who used to BM RB raters directly when he didn’t like the scores they were inputting.. not sure if he still does.

I can think of several other people affiliated with a brewery who do the same . . .