RateBeer Summer Gathering 2014 Thread

Reads 51892 • Replies 613 • Started Monday, April 7, 2014 6:41:54 AM CT

The forums you're viewing are the static, archived version. You won't be able to post or reply here.
Our new, modern forums are here:
RateBeer Forums

Thread Frozen

Ferris
beers 23108 º places 1878 º 21:53 Tue 6/17/2014

Originally posted by Keir
Originally posted by jtclockwork
Ill be in Wednesday night. If anyone is getting in early and wants to meet up, beer mail me. I’m also planning on hosting a tasting in my room Wednesday night for all the early comers.

I think phaleslu, STLWILL, and I are meeting at Perennial Wednesday evening. You should come hang out with us. And if anyone else is in town early, head down to Perennial Wednesday evening. Really good food served there too. They usually let us pop bottles as well, so......

What time are you guys planning to go? I will be at the hotel at 6:30ish, and can swing by if anyone is going from the hotel.

stravis1
23:10 Tue 6/17/2014

I’m working till 10pm tomorrow but only noon on Wednesday if anyone wants to hangout before we go to urban chestnut

EWR2STL
03:16 Wed 6/18/2014

Heading out of town until Thursday night - is it a big deal if I don’t make it to UCBC to pick up my packet? Will it be available to me on Friday at the launch of the brewery tour?

STLWill
04:44 Wed 6/18/2014

Originally posted by EWR2STL
Heading out of town until Thursday night - is it a big deal if I don’t make it to UCBC to pick up my packet? Will it be available to me on Friday at the launch of the brewery tour?

That won’t be a problem.

hopscotch
beers 11919 º places 307 º 10:29 Wed 6/18/2014

Originally posted by STLWill
Just got back from the Czech Republic with 2 ultra rarities for the GT!

http://www.ratebeer.com/beer/lor-special-drinks-absinth-beer/245230/

http://www.ratebeer.com/beer/cannabis-beer/236430/

Sorry guys, start lining up early because I only have 12oz of each.

Added

OK, I’m shutting it down and hitting the road. All entries received by 1:24 PM EDT today have been added to the spreadsheet. Check it for accuracy, folks. Let me know if I fucked something up. I’ll stop a couple times at "hot spots" along the way from south Florida to St. Louis in order to fuel up and update the RBSG Grand Tasting Doc as requests are received by me via beermail.

It’s already a very impressive list.

hopscotch
beers 11919 º places 307 º 10:40 Wed 6/18/2014

Btw, I haven’t driven this far in about 24 years and I have a tendency to fall asleep when sitting inside anything with an engine (cars, trains, planes, etc.). So, if you don’t see me tomorrow night at Urban Chestnut, I’m probably dead. I will try to update the RBSG Grand Tasting Doc before I suck in my last breath of burning petrol and carbon monoxide... you’ll probably see what’s left of me on the news.

hopscotch
beers 11919 º places 307 º 10:43 Wed 6/18/2014

... and you will miss my userpics/avatars/profile pics, no matter who you are or how vehemently you’ve protested against them over the years. Just sayin’... there are some things you don’t think you’ll miss ’til they’re gone.

Reminder: Sheet 1 is listed in alphabetical order by ratebeer username and Sheet 2 is listed in alphabetical order by brewery name.

DrSilverworm
beers 11383 º places 123 º 10:48 Wed 6/18/2014

Originally posted by hopscotch
Btw, I haven’t driven this far in about 24 years and I have a tendency to fall asleep when sitting inside anything with an engine (cars, trains, planes, etc.). So, if you don’t see me tomorrow night at Urban Chestnut, I’m probably dead. I will try to update the RBSG Grand Tasting Doc before I suck in my last breath of burning petrol and carbon monoxide... you’ll probably see what’s left of me on the news.

Drive safe man! Chew some sunflower seeds, alternate between talk radio and music, experiment with those energy shot things, and take a break if you feel yourself nodding. I need my racy avatar pics.

GenDV138
beers 9211 º places 412 º 14:50 Wed 6/18/2014

Is a growler cool for the 1 bottle share limit at Urban Chestnut tomorrow? Got a growler of Jackie O’s New Growth IPA that needs drinkin’.

sethdude
beers 708 º places 17 º 15:22 Wed 6/18/2014

Drive safe, everyone. I can’t wait!