RateBeer Summer Gathering 2014 Thread

Reads 51900 • Replies 613 • Started Monday, April 7, 2014 6:41:54 AM CT

The forums you're viewing are the static, archived version. You won't be able to post or reply here.
Our new, modern forums are here:
RateBeer Forums

Thread Frozen

Homer321
beers 5369 º places 54 º 15:16 Sun 6/22/2014

Actually, there was a small mishap as things didn’t go as planned at Ted Drewes

drewbeerme
beers 3921 º places 1 º 17:11 Sun 6/22/2014

Thanks to the organizers who worked so hard to pull off such a great RBSG and to the breweries who were all welcoming, generous, and humble. I think after this weekend I’ll always have fond memories of STL and am looking forward to going back soon and supporting those breweries. I also learned from observation not to turn your frozen custard upside down in 90 degree heat.

decaturstevo
beers 6342 º places 200 º 17:42 Sun 6/22/2014

I had a great time. Not surprised by the great people and generosity. The bus trip was worth 3 times what it cost. The grand tasting was huge. I have never been to a grand tasting where people broke out their dancing shoes Met a lot of great people. Thanks to Peter, Kier, and Will for the work. Thanks to all the brewers that helped make it a success. Man I could go on forever. The food at the GT was awesome. Thanks again. cheerstevo
Thanks to everyone

RobertDale
beers 10539 º places 501 º 17:54 Sun 6/22/2014

The "Show Me State" lived up to the name. The organizers, brewers, breweries, and everyone else involved showed us all a great time.
Was an amazing experience meeting all the people I have traded with and all my new ratebeer.com friends. The Grand Tasting lived up to the name!
I still hear echoes of "O Canada".
Cheers!

BBB63
beers 6567 º places 146 º 18:47 Sun 6/22/2014

Originally posted by jandd1983
Had a great time and met a lot of awesome folks.

As we were getting ready to leave, our brown bag bottle was missing. Unfortunately, we were not the only ones missing a bottle. I hope whoever removed our bottles, enjoys them, I know we would have.

That does suck...

I told a buddy (non-ratebeerian) that if he sees those sours up for trade that he should shoot them down since the beer is not officially released.

BBB63
beers 6567 º places 146 º 19:27 Sun 6/22/2014

Hey what are the names again of the new side projects beers since it appears they have been removed from the database until official release...?

stravis1
20:49 Sun 6/22/2014

I just want to echo what has already a been said about this amazing event. I am still totally floored by the whole gathering . Peter, Will, Keir, you guys deserve so much praise and gratitude for bringing us all together and championing a killer weekend. Thanks again to all the breweries and their staff you guys did an amazing job representing our great craft beer scene. And finally thanks most of all to all of you. Meeting all of you really made this weekend for me. As a guy who just joined ratebeer a few months ago it was so great to be included in the event and spend time with all if you. Thansk again so much

hopscotch
beers 11919 º places 307 º 21:23 Sun 6/22/2014

An awesome time was had by all. I certainly enjoyed every single minute. I’ve gotten a little too old to attend the all-night beer tastings in various hotel rooms, but I enjoyed every single "official" event.

Missed out on getting to A-B on time this morning, so I missed that tour, but I made it over there, took a tour, drank a couple beers and ate a Bratwurst. Nice atmosphere.

Great city. Was sorta raised here. Fortunately, I’m not leaving for a few more days.

Thanks so much, Peter, Keir and Will for all of your hard work. It was one to remember... for a loong time.

Keir
beers 183 º places 1 º 01:21 Mon 6/23/2014

The two Side Project releases will be:
Unblended (Barrel #40) - 375ml bottle
Oude du Furmier - 750ml

And if you made it to the dinner, you had the chance to try the BA Imperial Stout that will be released later this year. Cory is considering not carbing it and release it "as-is." Follow @sideproject to voice your opinion on this idea and for more details.

sarro
beers 134 º places 6 º 07:27 Mon 6/23/2014

Thanks so much to Peter, Will, Keir, the brewers, breweries, and everyone else that made this happen.
Had an amazing weekend in St.Louis and would love to come back and visit again!