RateBeer Summer Gathering 2014 Thread

Reads 51903 • Replies 613 • Started Monday, April 7, 2014 6:41:54 AM CT

The forums you're viewing are the static, archived version. You won't be able to post or reply here.
Our new, modern forums are here:
RateBeer Forums

Thread Frozen

jcwattsrugger
beers 13457 º places 3 º 07:00 Sun 6/22/2014

Originally posted by RABinCO
I Hear the AB tour and tasting will be the crown jewel. Have fun!

Tickers are gonna tick. And it is a good homage for the industry.

cheers john

jcwattsrugger
beers 13457 º places 3 º 07:02 Sun 6/22/2014

Totally awesome event. Well organized, well executed and terrific people to share beer and time with.

cheers john

jandd1983
beers 7629 º places 418 º 07:30 Sun 6/22/2014

Had a great time and met a lot of awesome folks.

As we were getting ready to leave, our brown bag bottle was missing. Unfortunately, we were not the only ones missing a bottle. I hope whoever removed our bottles, enjoys them, I know we would have.

Strykzone
beers 8457 º places 152 º 07:46 Sun 6/22/2014

Doran, that definitely puts a wet blanket on things. So sorry. Jerks are going to be jerks.

sethdude
beers 708 º places 17 º 08:28 Sun 6/22/2014

Originally posted by Strykzone
Doran, that definitely puts a wet blanket on things. So sorry. Jerks are going to be jerks.

No kidding. Liz and I made it away from the same table with both of our bottles at the end of the night. I hope someone finds them in their bag/cooler and returns them to you.

brokensail
admin
beers 21480 º places 1691 º 12:17 Sun 6/22/2014

Sorry to hear about the missing bottles. Hopefully they turn up.

Overall, a fantastic event and a great time. Thanks so much to Keir, Peter, and Will for putting together such a top notch event. I’m sure you guys were going crazy during it all, but it seemed to go off without a hitch to me. And the reception and generosity from all the breweries was amazing.

It was great to see a couple of those I’d met before and meet lots of new people for the first time in person. Thanks everyone for sharing so many awesome beers, as well.

TL;DR:

jaminjohnson
places 1 º 13:52 Sun 6/22/2014

Pretty shitty someone would take other people’s beer
The tasting was a great time! Cheers!

[IMG http://i.imgur.com/qdGyuch.jpg[/IMG]

crossovert
beers 17165 º places 150 º 14:24 Sun 6/22/2014

THanks to Mike for the Abraxas, extremely generous, thanks to Peter for all the driving, thanks to mike m for the ride, and anyone else who gave me rides I sincerely appreciate it. HAd a great time.

Homer321
beers 5369 º places 54 º 14:28 Sun 6/22/2014

As I chill in the airport and think about the last four days, the work and effort and hospitality by everyone involved is truly amazing. Phaleslu was nice enough to offer to pick me up from the airport and even let me get in the rare Finn tick. This was my first RateBeer Gathering and I was truly amazed at the graciousness of the breweries and their staff; the well thought-out planning was executed flawlessly; everything was truly amazing. I am sure that Peter, Keir, and Will were stressing out at times, but they wore it well and I got to witness their enjoyment in it all Saturday night. These guys and gals did a great job and really put in a championship effort! Thank you all!

DietPepsican
beers 1592 º places 63 º 15:03 Sun 6/22/2014

oop