Get In This Thread for College Football 2012

Reads 82109 • Replies 927 • Started Monday, October 1, 2012 2:04:43 PM CT

The forums you're viewing are the static, archived version. You won't be able to post or reply here.
Our new, modern forums are here:
RateBeer Forums

Thread Frozen

hopscotch
beers 11919 º places 307 º 12:57 Mon 11/12/2012

The obligatory

Congrats Gamecock fans!

Congrats Syracuse fan!

Fuck me. I had to turn off the WVU game because our special teams and defense looked like a circus. Seriously, clowns at a circus.

There better be some firing done at the end of the season.

hopscotch
beers 11919 º places 307 º 13:03 Mon 11/12/2012

Originally posted by mgumby10
Man, tough one to swallow.

Dude? WTF? I turned off the Miami game with like under 3 minutes to go. Miamia was up by like 10, right? I changed channels because I thought that one was signed, sealed and delivered. I honestly did not know Miami lost until 30 seconds ago when I read your post. After the WVU game, I avoided ESPN like the freaking plague. The last thing I needed on Saturday night or all day Sunday was to see highlights of our game to remind me that we are a freaking 3-Ring circus of errors on defense and special teams.

Well, at least I was right about Virginia beating Miami and West Virginia losing to Oklahoma State.

I would say there’s basketball to look forward to, but we play Gonzaga tonight and will probably lose. They beat us like red-headed stepchildren in the first round of the NCAA Tourney last year.

JoeinDahlem
beers 1664 º places 356 º 14:02 Mon 11/12/2012

Mizzou won a fun one at Tennessee. 4OT. Sometime in the 3rd or 4th quarter Franklin started to look like the QB he was supposed to be this year, before injuries wiped him and the O-line out. Too little too late, but we may still make it to a bowl.

And our b-ball team is going to be sick.

Couldn’t be happier for A&M, our fellow Big 12 transfer.

SHIG
admin
beers 13083 º places 502 º 12:46 Tue 11/13/2012

Originally posted by JoeinEscazú
Mizzou won a fun one at Tennessee. 4OT. Sometime in the 3rd or 4th quarter Franklin started to look like the QB he was supposed to be this year, before injuries wiped him and the O-line out. Too little too late, but we may still make it to a bowl.

And our b-ball team is going to be sick.

Couldn’t be happier for A&M, our fellow Big 12 transfer.

Good luck, but ’Cuse need another big win this weekend in Mizzou to be bowl eligible....Shawn

JoeinDahlem
beers 1664 º places 356 º 13:02 Tue 11/13/2012

It appears we are 4.5 pt favorites, but that was a nice looking win over Louisville... No idea which Mizzou team will show up. Franklin will come in confident after the Tennessee game. Coughed one up to Vanderbilt at home and I can’t see them doing it again...

mgumby10
beers 1856 º places 47 º 13:03 Thu 11/15/2012

I read on the main board that Ferentz’s buyout is 20 million, or something near that? If that is true, the university has nobody to blame but themselves. In the days of coaches coming and going, thats the dumbest shiz I’ve ever heard of to agree to that.

Man, I bet Iowa fans are pissed that he didnt take one of those NFL jobs he was rumored to be interested in years ago when he was a hot commodity.

TheAlum
beers 7164 º places 10 º 13:06 Thu 11/15/2012

I read on the main board that Ferentz’s buyout is 20 million, or something near that? If that is true, the university has nobody to blame but themselves. In the days of coaches coming and going, thats the dumbest shiz I’ve ever heard of to agree to that.

Man, I bet Iowa fans are pissed that he didnt take one of those NFL jobs he was rumored to be interested in years ago when he was a hot commodity.

We really aren’t.

I’ve told you several times it’s a lack of talent due to massive attrition and two new coordinators (OC and DC) this year.

There are some grossly lacking areas.. and some bad coaching has been revealed at times this year because of it.

But again, you’re just an outside observer here. I’d trust me. In general, we’ll give Ferentz more time as a fanbase. He’s had success, but can’t sustain it.. he goes in spurts.. because of off the field problems and attrition But at the same time, we are mad that we are in a deal like this because of our AD Gary Barta and if we wanted the option, we couldn’t do shit about it.

TheAlum
beers 7164 º places 10 º 13:06 Thu 11/15/2012

Also, injuries.

ESP. OLine.

mgumby10
beers 1856 º places 47 º 13:42 Thu 11/15/2012

Originally posted by TheAlum

We really aren’t.

I’ve told you several times it’s a lack of talent due to massive attrition and two new coordinators (OC and DC) this year.

There are some grossly lacking areas.. and some bad coaching has been revealed at times this year because of it.

But again, you’re just an outside observer here. I’d trust me. In general, we’ll give Ferentz more time as a fanbase. He’s had success, but can’t sustain it.. he goes in spurts.. because of off the field problems and attrition But at the same time, we are mad that we are in a deal like this because of our AD Gary Barta and if we wanted the option, we couldn’t do shit about it.

Soooo the lack of talent doesnt fall on him and the coaching staff for poor recrutiing? I know you know alot more about your program than I do, but what it comes down to is aquiring talent and developing it, which hasnt been happening at a good enough level.

Why so much attrition?

Why the massive buyout?

I dont think Ferentz is a bad coach, but after a while a program needs a change of scenery, a new voice, its just gotten really stale. It really is a shame that your AD has put you in this spot. He has had past success, but in this day and age its a what have you done for me lately sport.

mgumby10
beers 1856 º places 47 º 09:36 Sat 11/17/2012

Oklahoma 143 WVU 60