Get In This Thread for College Football 2012

Reads 82095 • Replies 927 • Started Monday, October 1, 2012 2:04:43 PM CT

The forums you're viewing are the static, archived version. You won't be able to post or reply here.
Our new, modern forums are here:
RateBeer Forums

Thread Frozen

SHIG
admin
beers 13064 º places 502 º 08:33 Thu 2/7/2013

Horrible timing to lose our coach and offense of coordinator to the NFL. We lost out on Zack Alen a 5.7 rated QB who was committed until the departures to TCU. Then we lost out on Augustus Edwards the #1 FB, who would have fit well, to the Gumby’s U! I feel another 3 yr rebuilding starting.....Shawn

At least we beat WV one more time!

hopscotch
beers 11919 º places 307 º 08:40 Thu 2/7/2013

Originally posted by SHIG
... At least we beat WV one more time!

mgumby10
beers 1856 º places 47 º 12:51 Thu 2/7/2013

Missed out on some of our big targets, but landed a few as well. This class was always gonna be small and not highly ranked because of that, but we had a pretty good star average.

Obviously the NCAA BS is still killing us and not letting us reach our full recruiting potential, as well as the South Florida kids, while extremely talented, are filled with self entitlement and game playing, this year more than ever.

Really excited about Gus Edwards SHIG, 6’1 225 with speed. Kid is a horse. As I break down the class, it was mostly a filler class after signing 30+ kids last year. We filled alot of our needs and only struckout at DT which hurt.

Got our top QB in 4* Kevin Olsen
Got the big RB we needed in Edwards
Got the top WR in Florida in Stacy Coley who is sick
Got two stud TE’s including the #1 JUCO kid in Beau Sandland
Got 3 solid O-lineman
Struckout at DT, needs to be huge priority for 2014
Got elite DE in Alquadin Muhammad and and monster Juco kid Kamalu
Got 3 good LB’s including 4* Jermaine Grace
Got 3 really good DB’s including 2 4*’s Jamal Carter and Artie Burns

Pretty balanced and need filling. Not the greatest class we’ve ever signed but will work.

No excuses for 2014, staff shoudl be intact, NCAA crap hopefully coming to a close, should have a good year Im predicting 9 wins with whole team coming back and easier schedule.

Turning the page.

Golden Age

TheAlum
beers 7164 º places 10 º 07:51 Fri 2/8/2013

Jesus fucking christ..

And didn’t we JUST have an insufferable article by a Duke grad student that went to the Miami game that thought her fans were just SO MUCH BETTER..

http://deadspin.com/5982760/some-duke-fans-chanted-hows-your-grandma-at-a-player-whose-grandma-just-died

hopscotch
beers 11919 º places 307 º 08:42 Fri 2/8/2013

Originally posted by TheAlum
Jesus fucking christ..

And didn’t we JUST have an insufferable article by a Duke grad student that went to the Miami game that thought her fans were just SO MUCH BETTER..

http://deadspin.com/5982760/some-duke-fans-chanted-hows-your-grandma-at-a-player-whose-grandma-just-died

Stay Classy Duke

CheesedMan
beers 555 º places 12 º 09:19 Fri 2/8/2013

When interviewed about his recent recruiting "success", Coach Freezus had this to say:

“Freeze swears all those who whisper of wrongdoing are liars. "They have no clue that there’s a plan -- and we have some luck," Freeze said. "I say it’s God’s favor, we had a really good plan, we’re selling a really good vision and we have some luck."

Guyute_Pig
beers 103 º places 48 º 09:47 Fri 2/8/2013

Originally posted by CheesedMan
When interviewed about his recent recruiting "success", Coach Freezus had this to say:

“Freeze swears all those who whisper of wrongdoing are liars. "They have no clue that there’s a plan -- and we have some luck," Freeze said. "I say it’s God’s favor, we had a really good plan, we’re selling a really good vision and we have some luck."

Is it three schools that have allegedly turned them in? UGA is one and I would certainly think MSU was another.

CheesedMan
beers 555 º places 12 º 10:22 Fri 2/8/2013

Originally posted by Guyute_Pig

Is it three schools that have allegedly turned them in? UGA is one and I would certainly think MSU was another.

I was told it was a total of 7 SEC schools. They sure have gotten defensive in Oxford as of late. Can’t imagine why.

hopscotch
beers 11919 º places 307 º 13:18 Fri 2/8/2013

Freeze did a very good job at ASU. When I was at school there, the Indians (fuck "Red Wolves") sucked ass even for a 1-AA program. Freeze won a bunch of games and conference titles. Great recruiter too. Malzahn won a bunch of games last year with Freeze’s players. He doesn’t cheat any more than any other SEC coach.

His portrayal in Blind Side probably hasn’t hurt his recruiting efforts either.

Don’t make me post a "butthurt" link, Cheese!

JoeinDahlem
beers 1664 º places 356 º 13:53 Fri 2/8/2013

Could be sour grapes I guess. But it also makes sense that recruiters would hear things about each other from their players and families. I wonder how much this reporting on Ole Miss varies from the SEC every year.

Mizzou fans will say with a straight face that we should start cheating like the rest of the SEC now, and it makes me want to punch them.