Midlands Crew - Cotteridge Wines Suggestion

Reads 31875 • Replies 504 • Started Saturday, November 22, 2014 3:18:04 AM CT

The forums you're viewing are the static, archived version. You won't be able to post or reply here.
Our new, modern forums are here:
RateBeer Forums

Thread Frozen

Beersiveknown
beers 5380 º places 180 º 00:39 Fri 11/28/2014

Originally posted by RichTheVillan
Originally posted by minutemat
Gutted i cant make this but i will say if anyone is staying over & fancies an afternoon shandy post-tasting Shrewsbury is but a short-ish train ride away & i will be happy to host a mini jaunt of sorts.

Do fancy doing this on Sunday Steve? theres a direct train from Shrewsbury to Birmingham Airport.

that was my thinking if Matt happy to have us Sunday. Only downside will be the luggage, I doubt Shrewsbury has a left luggage facility!

BlackHaddock
beers 15456 º places 1054 º 01:24 Fri 11/28/2014

Originally posted by Beersiveknown
Gutted i cant make this but i will say if anyone is staying over & fancies an afternoon shandy post-tasting Shrewsbury is but a short-ish train ride away & i will be happy to host a mini jaunt of sorts.

Do fancy doing this on Sunday Steve? theres a direct train from Shrewsbury to Birmingham Airport.

that was my thinking if Matt happy to have us Sunday. Only downside will be the luggage, I doubt Shrewsbury has a left luggage facility!

No left luggage joint at Shrewsbury, sorry.

<*))))))><

Theydon_Bois
admin
beers 40549 º places 1239 º 01:38 Fri 11/28/2014

Originally posted by BlackHaddock

But I will collect you from Birmingham, you can store the luggage at my place and I’ll cook you all a Sunday roast before dropping you back at the airport!

<*))))))><

What a great guy Jezza is

Beersiveknown
beers 5380 º places 180 º 01:49 Fri 11/28/2014

Originally posted by Theydon_Bois

But I will collect you from Birmingham, you can store the luggage at my place and I’ll cook you all a Sunday roast before dropping you back at the airport!

<*))))))><

BlackHaddock
beers 15456 º places 1054 º 01:53 Fri 11/28/2014

<*))))))><

Yeah, right!

<*))))))><

Beersiveknown
beers 5380 º places 180 º 02:02 Fri 11/28/2014

<*))))))><

Yeah, right!

<*))))))><

evilempire
beers 162 º places 110 º 02:10 Fri 11/28/2014

Originally posted by SarkyNorthener
Originally posted by evilempire
Originally posted by SarkyNorthener

Does anyone want to try some shitty Serbian lager?

depends which one - all the ones I’ve tried definitely don’t warrant a second go

Its a jelen pivo I think, so I imagine you have already suffered that one. But you may want to try a bit, just to satisfy your sadist thirst.

oooh, that was a superb example of yellow water with bubbles

not been to Serbia for about 6 years, a few brewpubs have sprung up since, typical!

DanielBrown
beers 4668 º places 360 º 16:26 Fri 11/28/2014

I have the Rwandan safely stashed dans mon cupboard. It will be present on the day.

Please can someone bring along a Falkland Island beer? Danke schon.

SarkyNorthener
beers 5200 º places 142 º 23:06 Fri 11/28/2014

Originally posted by DanielBrown
I have the Rwandan safely stashed dans mon cupboard. It will be present on the day.

My international beers are all stored at Richs. Now I know I had Falkland Island Imperial Stout BA in milk urns. But Rich is claiming it as his.

However I do have a Croatian beer that would be a new country tick for you Dan and some of us other country ticking types.

BlackHaddock
beers 15456 º places 1054 º 00:43 Sat 11/29/2014

Originally posted by DanielBrown

I have been in contact with the lad brewing in Port Stanley and have a mate who goes once a year to the Falklands. No bottling facility as yet, but it is being thought about, if only for the cruise ships that visit and geeks like us!

I was last there in 2011 but nothing was around then. In 1985 I drank the cask Penguin Ale whenever I could, but that is well gone and in the history books now.

<*))))))><