Midlands Crew - Cotteridge Wines Suggestion

Reads 31852 • Replies 504 • Started Saturday, November 22, 2014 3:18:04 AM CT

The forums you're viewing are the static, archived version. You won't be able to post or reply here.
Our new, modern forums are here:
RateBeer Forums

Thread Frozen

Beersiveknown
beers 5380 º places 180 º 05:16 Mon 1/19/2015

Originally posted by BlackHaddock
Currently 15 ’players’ with a wife/friend or two listed on the Events Page.

60 Plus beers with some more to come: only about 50 new beers to me so far!

<*))))))><

"only"

Leighton
beers 33724 º places 1204 º 05:31 Mon 1/19/2015

Originally posted by Beersiveknown

<*))))))><

"only"

For the fish’s sake I could add some.

Beersiveknown
beers 5380 º places 180 º 05:40 Mon 1/19/2015

Originally posted by Leighton

<*))))))><

"only"

I reckon we have a lot already given we’ve only got about 4 hours if we want to include a trip to craven arms!

I’ll bring some Irish stuff if i have space but you guys can always take it back to london to a chriso tasting if necessary

Leighton
beers 33724 º places 1204 º 05:47 Mon 1/19/2015

<*))))))><

"only"

I reckon we have a lot already given we’ve only got about 4 hours if we want to include a trip to craven arms!

I’ll bring some Irish stuff if i have space but you guys can always take it back to london to a chriso tasting if necessary

I reckon most folks will be looking at a pace of one beer every five minutes.

Beersiveknown
beers 5380 º places 180 º 06:08 Mon 1/19/2015

that’ll be 48 beers at a push (and we need to drink some of our hosts stuff rather than just all our own) plus curry eating time! Maybe people need to aim for a later train home?

evilempire
beers 162 º places 110 º 06:22 Mon 1/19/2015

I’m certainly in no hurry to go home... fully intend to partake in the on-site taps as well as takeaway shopping. bearing in mind the sample size a beer every 5 minutes is certainly doable - when we did the RBESG grand tasting in Sheffield we went through over 100 in 6 hours including a meal break. one thing I learned from that is it’d be well worth numbering the beers on the spreadsheet so that when each beer comes out people can easily find it on t’list

Theydon_Bois
admin
beers 40549 º places 1239 º 06:23 Mon 1/19/2015

that’ll be 48 beers at a push (and we need to drink some of our hosts stuff rather than just all our own) plus curry eating time! Maybe people need to aim for a later train home?

Don’t know what trains you have in Noriron Steve but here you are best to pre-book otherwise they cost a ’relative’ fortune.

London crew are on the 1850 back from New St, if we chose to hit the train after or any other, the pay on the day fare back to Euston is £31.80 on top of what we’ve already paid.

Up to other folks if they want to do this but my ass is firmly on my pre-paid 1850 seat !

I’m budgeting on leaving Cotts around 4, hitting a few venues in the centre that are close by ... Post Office Vaults (possibly the Purity place if time allows), BD, Cherry Reds - quick 10 minute beer in each then get to the Craven Arms by 5ish before any potential football traffic shows up, but guessing this would be a little off the beaten track for them.

So Cotts time will be 3 and a half hours or so, brisk pace for me, I’ll get there though or at least prioritise those I want .... you can’t tick em all

BlackHaddock
beers 15456 º places 1053 º 06:23 Mon 1/19/2015

I am prepared to stay and finish every bottle at Cotteridge if required too. I have had all the beers I am bringing and there are one or two others I am not fussed about, as well as those I have tasted before anyway. Should be a great session, but a different beer every 5 minutes is a little swift for me: 6 minutes maybe, but 5, crickey!

<*))))))><

BlackHaddock
beers 15456 º places 1053 º 06:26 Mon 1/19/2015

<*))))))><

"only"

Don’t blame me for bringing extra beers! I am more than happy to see 50 new brews (plus others not already posted by attendee’s).

<*))))))><

Leighton
beers 33724 º places 1204 º 06:29 Mon 1/19/2015

It all balances out. There are a lot of quick-tick pale lagers on the list, which are pretty easy to plough through, leaving time for the better beers, host taps and, of course, the curry.