Midlands Crew - Cotteridge Wines Suggestion

Reads 31861 • Replies 504 • Started Saturday, November 22, 2014 3:18:04 AM CT

The forums you're viewing are the static, archived version. You won't be able to post or reply here.
Our new, modern forums are here:
RateBeer Forums

Thread Frozen

evilempire
beers 162 º places 110 º 15:18 Sun 11/23/2014

I’m actually tempted to venture out of the People’s Republic for this... Is it cheating to only bring bottles I brewed myself?

Fin
beers 17274 º places 1653 º 21:51 Sun 11/23/2014

I may also be tempted, not normally a fan of tastings if truth be told, its all a little. fast paced and hectic for me but I love meeting up with folk so may come along even if only for a short time as I would like to hit a few city centre pubs.

BlackHaddock
beers 15456 º places 1053 º 23:47 Sun 11/23/2014

Originally posted by Fin
I may also be tempted, not normally a fan of tastings if truth be told, its all a little. fast paced and hectic for me but I love meeting up with folk so may come along even if only for a short time as I would like to hit a few city centre pubs.

You can sit with me Fin: I can’t keep up with some of our ’megaspeed-raters’ either. My pace is a little more sedate, but I still manage a good few. Hare and the Tortoise, etc, etc.

<*))))))><

Theydon_Bois
admin
beers 40549 º places 1239 º 23:56 Sun 11/23/2014

Originally posted by evilempire
I’m actually tempted to venture out of the People’s Republic for this... Is it cheating to only bring bottles I brewed myself?

So long as I haven’t rated them it is OK I believe?

imdownthepub
beers 26082 º places 2111 º 00:33 Mon 11/24/2014

Originally posted by BlackHaddock
Originally posted by Fin

You can sit with me Fin: I can’t keep up with some of our ’megaspeed-raters’ either. My pace is a little more sedate, but I still manage a good few. Hare and the Tortoise, etc, etc.

<*))))))><

I believe that I will be sitting at this table too. The kegged beer in the tasting room will probably be sufficient for me plus a couple of cheeky beer buys in the shop.
We ought to put together a crawl in town. Sounds like The Craven Arms tops the list.

RichTheVillan
beers 10685 º places 101 º 00:39 Mon 11/24/2014

Link spreadsheet

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1FRGrv7fPZObTHXpUz2zhviICrIlZoUE1ZEF5gJ1CPe4/edit#gid=2

If you like I can start saving interesting bottles that come in to Cotteridge over the next few week (big bottles) I’ll add them to the spreadsheet with the price. Then we can split the bill on the day.

What does everyone reckon?

BlackHaddock
beers 15456 º places 1053 º 00:45 Mon 11/24/2014

Originally posted by imdownthepub
Originally posted by BlackHaddock
Originally posted by Fin

<*))))))><

I believe that I will be sitting at this table too. The kegged beer in the tasting room will probably be sufficient for me plus a couple of cheeky beer buys in the shop.
We ought to put together a crawl in town. Sounds like The Craven Arms tops the list.

Please do join me: the young guns can have their shoot-out and we can watch in awe, as we imperturbably finish off our beers at our leisure.

<*))))))><

imdownthepub
beers 26082 º places 2111 º 00:51 Mon 11/24/2014

Originally posted by RichTheVillan
Link spreadsheet

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1FRGrv7fPZObTHXpUz2zhviICrIlZoUE1ZEF5gJ1CPe4/edit#gid=2

If you like I can start saving interesting bottles that come in to Cotteridge over the next few week (big bottles) I’ll add them to the spreadsheet with the price. Then we can split the bill on the day.

The sheet looks really good.

Beersiveknown
beers 5380 º places 180 º 01:35 Mon 11/24/2014

Originally posted by RichTheVillan
Link spreadsheet

Good work Rich. Yeah sounds like a plan...if there’s any foufoune floating around I’d love to try it!

evilempire
beers 162 º places 110 º 02:43 Mon 11/24/2014

Originally posted by Theydon_Bois
Originally posted by evilempire

So long as I haven’t rated them it is OK I believe?

I believe there’s a caveat to that, which states that this can only happen up to but excluding the point at which you have as many Steel City as Craig...