Midlands Crew - Cotteridge Wines Suggestion

Reads 31848 • Replies 504 • Started Saturday, November 22, 2014 3:18:04 AM CT

The forums you're viewing are the static, archived version. You won't be able to post or reply here.
Our new, modern forums are here:
RateBeer Forums

Thread Frozen

Theydon_Bois
admin
beers 40549 º places 1239 º 05:18 Sun 1/18/2015

Originally posted by The_Osprey
500ml between 20 calls for some tight measure control!

I’ve never been to one of these before so I’ll just follow the power-raters’ lead.

At least Kenny isn’t coming - he normally takes a third of a bottle regardless of numbers

Leighton
beers 33724 º places 1204 º 05:19 Sun 1/18/2015

Originally posted by Theydon_Bois

I’ve never been to one of these before so I’ll just follow the power-raters’ lead.

At least Kenny isn’t coming - he normally takes a third of a bottle regardless of numbers

Leighton
beers 33724 º places 1204 º 05:25 Sun 1/18/2015

Yeah, large format bottles (e.g. 650ml/750ml) are obviously much better sizes for these types of tastings.

There are definitely some beers on the list that folks will pass on since they have had before.

If people have the time, it would be helpful to go through the spreadsheet and note which you’ve had and not had so that we can get an idea for which beers will need to be shared the most.

The_Osprey
beers 10591 º places 178 º 05:27 Sun 1/18/2015

Oh well, size isn’t everything.

I’ll be bringing a test tube to make sure I get my country ticks!

Leighton
beers 33724 º places 1204 º 05:30 Sun 1/18/2015

This is really what you want:

http://igoscience.com/eye-dropper-free-vector/

Beersiveknown
beers 5380 º places 180 º 05:39 Sun 1/18/2015

I used a spirit measure to divvy out dark Lord, perhaps similar can be done here for special cases? (almost Danish thimble rating)

Beersiveknown
beers 5380 º places 180 º 05:40 Sun 1/18/2015

Originally posted by Leighton

This is really what you want:

http://igoscience.com/eye-dropper-free-vector/
I can bring some disposable pipettes...

BlackHaddock
beers 15456 º places 1053 º 04:10 Mon 1/19/2015

Yeah, large format bottles (e.g. 650ml/750ml) are obviously much better sizes for these types of tastings.

There are definitely some beers on the list that folks will pass on since they have had before.

If people have the time, it would be helpful to go through the spreadsheet and note which you’ve had and not had so that we can get an idea for which beers will need to be shared the most.

I have already started to do this: but the bloody spreadsheet keeps growing! I shall wait until Friday before completing the list I need/ would like to try.

The Male Strippers: Greatest Show on Earth. Now that is one I want to grab hold of!

<*))))))><

BlackHaddock
beers 15456 º places 1053 º 04:25 Mon 1/19/2015

Currently 15 ’players’ with a wife/friend or two listed on the Events Page.

60 Plus beers with some more to come: only about 50 new beers to me so far!

<*))))))><

SarkyNorthener
beers 5200 º places 142 º 04:26 Mon 1/19/2015

Originally posted by BlackHaddock

I have already started to do this: but the bloody spreadsheet keeps growing! I shall wait until Friday before completing the list I need/ would like to try.

The Male Strippers: Greatest Show on Earth. Now that is one I want to grab hold of!

<*))))))><

Yes I put the stripper on there. Luckily someone has put his name down, so I dont need to pay someone to do it.