Midlands Crew - Cotteridge Wines Suggestion

Reads 31858 • Replies 504 • Started Saturday, November 22, 2014 3:18:04 AM CT

The forums you're viewing are the static, archived version. You won't be able to post or reply here.
Our new, modern forums are here:
RateBeer Forums

Thread Frozen

jaz
12:11 Wed 1/14/2015

Originally posted by RichTheVillan
Favour time has anybody got a Good King Henry Special Reserve they can bring along for the Clouded Minds brewer, who has kindly prvoided a couple of bottles for us to try on the 24th.

Not bottles but two kegs, Double Clout Coffee Stout and Coffee IPA, which will be on the tap list on the day.

imdownthepub
beers 26081 º places 2110 º 04:01 Thu 1/15/2015

Looks like I will hit Brum at around 10:50, which gives me around 30 mins before I have to get to New Street for the Kings Norton Train. Might try for The Post Office Vaults armed with a Greigs Hot Sausage Roll for Breakfast, you can take your own food in and they supply plates, Greigs is next door! I will aim for the 11:42 to Kings Norton along with the Sheffield boys.
Hopefully everyone going has put their name down by now.
We need to check The Welly web page before we arrive for targets in there.
Strengthening the Ruck Sack operation under way.

evilempire
beers 162 º places 110 º 05:21 Thu 1/15/2015

excellent, you can be my gen monkey and tell me what POV has before I arrive in Brum so I can go there or Brewpuppy accordingly ;)

Was drinking with Chris from the Craven Arms yesterday, so have persuaded him to put lots of regionals and twig beers on that day...

imdownthepub
beers 26081 º places 2110 º 05:28 Thu 1/15/2015

Originally posted by evilempire
excellent, you can be my gen monkey and tell me what POV has before I arrive in Brum so I can go there or Brewpuppy accordingly ;)

Was drinking with Chris from the Craven Arms yesterday, so have persuaded him to put lots of regionals and twig beers on that day...

Good stuff. Craven Arms later in the day for me, post Cotteridge, although lumping around a heavy rucksack might make the hill a bit of a work out.

evilempire
beers 162 º places 110 º 06:00 Thu 1/15/2015

I’ve just bought a new heavy duty rucksack :)

Yeah doing Craven after the main event... I’ll post the list of likely beers when Chris sends it over. I know a North Riding/Five Towns DIPA collab will be one of them

Garrold
beers 10682 º places 149 º 06:08 Thu 1/15/2015

Originally posted by evilempire
I’ve just bought a new heavy duty rucksack :)

Yeah doing Craven after the main event... I’ll post the list of likely beers when Chris sends it over. I know a North Riding/Five Towns DIPA collab will be one of them

Oh shit! I was planning on travelling home straight after Cotteridge, and now you tell me there’s a beer on, that I’ve been after since they brewed it...

evilempire
beers 162 º places 110 º 06:17 Thu 1/15/2015

Think Sean had bottles at Beer Central... whether he still has is a different matter!

Garrold
beers 10682 º places 149 º 06:22 Thu 1/15/2015

None of the DIPA made it to Sean. I think it’s one of few that they didn’t get round to bottling. But you probably know better than me, mind.
Either way, it looks like I’ll be having one as a nightcap.

evilempire
beers 162 º places 110 º 06:49 Thu 1/15/2015

if we’re talking the same beer, it was in Five Towns bottles not NRB... just to the right of the entrance IIRC

evilempire
beers 162 º places 110 º 07:02 Thu 1/15/2015

Craven Arms will have 8 cask guests and 5 #evilkeg including Evil Twin Ryan and the Beaster Bunny, and Mikkeller 19