Midlands Crew - Cotteridge Wines Suggestion

Reads 31838 • Replies 504 • Started Saturday, November 22, 2014 3:18:04 AM CT

The forums you're viewing are the static, archived version. You won't be able to post or reply here.
Our new, modern forums are here:
RateBeer Forums

Thread Frozen

Theydon_Bois
admin
beers 40531 º places 1239 º 04:19 Thu 1/8/2015

Originally posted by imdownthepub
Just to make everyone aware, this is now the date of the FA Cup 4th round game between Blues and WBA, so a local derby affair. Kick off 3pm. It shouldn’t be too raucous around town as this isn’t the biggest rivalry going and will be well policed, but the pubs will be packed, particularly The Wellie, Anchor and various Spoons around town.

bollocks!

I’ll get in touch with the FA and tell them they need to move the fixture due to a RB event!

Leighton
beers 33724 º places 1204 º 04:29 Thu 1/8/2015

Originally posted by Theydon_Bois
Just to make everyone aware, this is now the date of the FA Cup 4th round game between Blues and WBA, so a local derby affair. Kick off 3pm. It shouldn’t be too raucous around town as this isn’t the biggest rivalry going and will be well policed, but the pubs will be packed, particularly The Wellie, Anchor and various Spoons around town.

bollocks!

I’ll get in touch with the FA and tell them they need to move the fixture due to a RB event!

Just tell them about all the rare country ticks - not to mention Kal’s curry - and I’m sure the higher-ups will quickly grasp the gravity of the situation.

But at any rate (pun not initially intended but I’m definitely keeping it now), the London contingent should do the pubs pre-Cotteridge if possible, right? Or would the pubs not be open yet?

Scopey
beers 24192 º places 727 º 04:44 Thu 1/8/2015

Originally posted by RichTheVillan
Originally posted by The_Osprey
Have I missed the boat or is there room for one more?

Looking at the attendee’s on event page, there is room
There is also an "attendee list" tab on your spreadsheet now so we can include non-RB +1s....

Theydon_Bois
admin
beers 40531 º places 1239 º 05:07 Thu 1/8/2015

Originally posted by Leighton

bollocks!

Just tell them about all the rare country ticks - not to mention Kal’s curry - and I’m sure the higher-ups will quickly grasp the gravity of the situation.

But at any rate (pun not initially intended but I’m definitely keeping it now), the London contingent should do the pubs pre-Cotteridge if possible, right? Or would the pubs not be open yet?

If its a 1500 KO we would NOT want to do the pubs pre Cotts.

The pubs in town will be rammed up till 1415/30.

They will then empty and fill up again (but not likely as rammed) after 1700/15 ish.

We need to head straight to Cotts, back into town for 4ish, then we’ll have an hour to quickly rattle of a few pubs with no football crowds, then perhaps think about landing somewhere after 1700 before it gets busy, or plot a few venues likely not to be hit by the post football crowd.

bollocks!

If its a 1500 KO we would NOT want to do the pubs pre Cotts.

The pubs in town will be rammed up till 1415/30.

They will then empty and fill up again (but not likely as rammed) after 1700/15 ish.

We need to head straight to Cotts, back into town for 4ish, then we’ll have an hour to quickly rattle of a few pubs with no football crowds, then perhaps think about landing somewhere after 1700 before it gets busy, or plot a few venues likely not to be hit by the post football crowd.

Craven doesn’t get that busy on match days.

evilempire
beers 162 º places 110 º 13:34 Fri 1/9/2015

Right, as well as a couple of Irish beers, I’m bringing one of mine. So, choose between Unholy Trinity and Christmas is Cancelled...

Originally posted by evilempire
Right, as well as a couple of Irish beers, I’m bringing one of mine. So, choose between Unholy Trinity and Christmas is Cancelled...

Christmas is cancelled please.

Leighton
beers 33724 º places 1204 º 14:22 Fri 1/9/2015

Just curious, will Cotteridge have any refrigeration we can use?

Theydon_Bois
admin
beers 40531 º places 1239 º 14:25 Fri 1/9/2015

Originally posted by evilempire

Both !

Or ditch one of the Oirish ones!

Just curious, will Cotteridge have any refrigeration we can use?

I’ll find out next time I’m there.