Midlands Crew - Cotteridge Wines Suggestion

Reads 31870 • Replies 504 • Started Saturday, November 22, 2014 3:18:04 AM CT

The forums you're viewing are the static, archived version. You won't be able to post or reply here.
Our new, modern forums are here:
RateBeer Forums

Thread Frozen

Beersiveknown
beers 5380 º places 180 º 06:46 Mon 1/19/2015

Originally posted by Leighton
Originally posted by Beersiveknown
that’ll be 48 beers at a push (and we need to drink some of our hosts stuff rather than just all our own) plus curry eating time! Maybe people need to aim for a later train home?

It all balances out. There are a lot of quick-tick pale lagers on the list, which are pretty easy to plough through, leaving time for the better beers, host taps and, of course, the curry.

yeah 12simple countries in 15mins or so as an aperitif ;)

jaz
10:17 Mon 1/19/2015

All being well we’ll have a big Mikkeller delivery arriving this week, including a keg of Black 2014 (16.8%) and packs of the Mikkeller French Oak Series (19.3%)
;)

Leighton
beers 33724 º places 1204 º 12:09 Mon 1/19/2015

Originally posted by jaz
All being well we’ll have a big Mikkeller delivery arriving this week, including a keg of Black 2014 (16.8%) and packs of the Mikkeller French Oak Series (19.3%)
;)

Excellent. After tasting c. 50 beers, I always like to refresh the palate with 16.8% ABV liquefied ash!

evilempire
beers 162 º places 110 º 13:05 Mon 1/19/2015

Craven Arms has won silver in local camra Pub of the Year, so expect they’ll have jacked the prices up overnight and it’ll be full of beardy weirdies ;-)

evilempire
beers 162 º places 110 º 13:07 Mon 1/19/2015

Meanwhile, in a shameless cash-in of my own, anyone wanna buy one of my quality Steel City Brewing grim north t-shirts?

Fin
beers 17274 º places 1653 º 14:04 Mon 1/19/2015

Originally posted by evilempire
Craven Arms has won silver in local camra Pub of the Year, so expect they’ll have jacked the prices up overnight and it’ll be full of beardy weirdies ;-)

Don’t know if you’ve been out to many pubs lately but from what I’ve seen beardy weirdies seem to be the norm these days.

evilempire
beers 162 º places 110 º 14:24 Mon 1/19/2015

I don’t get out much ;-)

mR_fr0g
beers 29132 º places 44 º 15:23 Mon 1/19/2015

Right apologies if this has been covered already, but this is a long thread and i have been dipping in and out.

Does Cotteridge have a relatively up to date list of their stock?

The reson why i ask: By the timings it sounds like it going to pretty rushed to get through ~50 beers and curry and tap beers and maybe, you know talking to each other. It would be good to come with a list of beers that I’d like to purchase, so that it will go as smooth as possible. It may even make it easier on the staff.

I’ve seen the Cotteridge twitter feed with plenty of beer pics but a list would be very helpful ad much appreciated.

Beersiveknown
beers 5380 º places 180 º 15:31 Mon 1/19/2015

Originally posted by mR_fr0g
Right apologies if this has been covered already, but this is a long thread and i have been dipping in and out.

Does Cotteridge have a relatively up to date list of their stock?

The reson why i ask: By the timings it sounds like it going to pretty rushed to get through ~50 beers and curry and tap beers and maybe, you know talking to each other. It would be good to come with a list of beers that I’d like to purchase, so that it will go as smooth as possible. It may even make it easier on the staff.

I’ve seen the Cotteridge twitter feed with plenty of beer pics but a list would be very helpful ad much appreciated.
I’d find it useful too but Not sure one exists, they will reserve for u tho

SarkyNorthener
beers 5200 º places 142 º 15:37 Mon 1/19/2015

They used to have a list, but the turnaround of beers was so high that they removed it from their website which no longer exists. They only have their twitter feed for new in beers.