RBSG 09

Reads 24837 • Replies 191 • Started Sunday, August 10, 2008 6:41:11 PM CT

The forums you're viewing are the static, archived version. You won't be able to post or reply here.
Our new, modern forums are here:
RateBeer Forums

Thread Frozen

kp
beers 10877 º places 12 º 16:02 Sat 10/18/2008

Originally posted by ucusty
did asheville get ruled out??

Nothing ever gets ruled out, just voted in or out after all of the proposals are submitted.

IrishBoy
beers 4713 º places 141 º 22:23 Sat 10/18/2008

Originally posted by Odeed
lost hills,ca.

No Jake, it has to be Inyokern, CA so they can get a bunch of beers they haven’t rated.

beastiefan2k
beers 5014 º places 294 º 19:52 Mon 10/20/2008

just to keep the thread rolling, I would like Philly or San Fran.

Are both going to put a proposal in this year?

Enniskillen
beers 2074 º places 67 º 19:55 Mon 10/20/2008

Originally posted by beastiefan2k

SF would be great. But it seems like it’s midwest or East Coast time again.

aspidites
beers 1271 º places 1 º 20:01 Mon 10/20/2008

There will be an SF proposal with lots of very special things for RBers.

decaturstevo
beers 6342 º places 200 º 20:45 Tue 10/21/2008

Originally posted by aspidites

There will be an SF proposal with lots of very special things for RBers.

I’m ready to votecheerstevo

alohaC
beers 12 º 21:05 Tue 10/21/2008

Originally posted by Enniskillen

SF would be great. But it seems like it’s midwest or East Coast time again.

San Francisco WILL be great if Mike is handling it. While I realize RBSG was in San Diego this year, I hope people will seriously consider itineraries and offerings over just a different region.

iowaherkeye
beers 2703 º places 29 º 22:00 Tue 10/21/2008

I just don’t want no crazy snakes!

Seriously, I do need to see a lot more of the Bay area before I could put in my vote--however, after being here for only a month and not being able to freely visit whatever the fuck I want to because of a gf and a dumb job, it does seem quite promising. Problem for me (and absolutely not one other soul), is that I’ll more than likely be moving in January. So it’ll end up being a trip regardless.

hotstuff
beers 5394 º places 74 º 09:15 Wed 10/22/2008

Originally posted by Oakes
On a final note, I suppose I may just have to run the competition again this year. I’ll be more proactive.

My vacation plans will set out the timetable (no point in setting a deadline for some day when I’m nowhere near a computer to check on it) so in the next couple of days I’ll lay out this timetable and we can have a vote.

Any and all are welcome to bid, btw. San Francisco and Philly have a lot going for them; Seattle would be pretty tough to turn down; Asheville has an assload of breweries with more on the way; there’s other good options too.

So whoever wants to start prepping a bid, please do so since we ideally like to have a location picked by sometime in October.

I think this needs a big bump since it’s almost the end of October and according to the above last paragraph from Oakes not much seems to be happening to get a location narrowed down. A lot of people like to get their plans put into action ASAP especially regarding airfare these days.

kp
beers 10877 º places 12 º 09:54 Wed 10/22/2008

Originally posted by hotstuff
I think this needs a big bump since it’s almost the end of October and according to the above last paragraph from Oakes not much seems to be happening to get a location narrowed down.

Have any teams actually put together a bid yet? You don’t have to wait on Oakes to give you a deadline before getting to work on it. You know it’s coming. The usual problem is that the deadline rolls around and at most only one city is bidding.