RBSG 09

Reads 24834 • Replies 191 • Started Sunday, August 10, 2008 6:41:11 PM CT

The forums you're viewing are the static, archived version. You won't be able to post or reply here.
Our new, modern forums are here:
RateBeer Forums

Thread Frozen

IrishBoy
beers 4713 º places 141 º 22:14 Thu 8/14/2008

Originally posted by Oakes
Any and all are welcome to bid, btw. San Francisco and Philly have a lot going for them; Seattle would be pretty tough to turn down; Asheville has an assload of breweries with more on the way; there’s other good options too.

But Josh, I was already in Seattle this summer! (Is that whiney enough for you?)

decaturstevo
beers 6342 º places 200 º 22:16 Thu 8/14/2008

On a final note, I suppose I may just have to run the competition again this year. I’ll be more proactive.

My vacation plans will set out the timetable (no point in setting a deadline for some day when I’m nowhere near a computer to check on it) so in the next couple of days I’ll lay out this timetable and we can have a vote.

Any and all are welcome to bid, btw. San Francisco and Philly have a lot going for them; Seattle would be pretty tough to turn down; Asheville has an assload of breweries with more on the way; there’s other good options too.

So whoever wants to start prepping a bid, please do so since we ideally like to have a location picked by sometime in October.

This was what I was hoping for when I started this thread. Just an early idea of where it would be and when. Thank you kind sircheerstevo

gunhaver
beers 1030 º places 13 º 23:26 Thu 8/14/2008

i’ve narrowed my two favorites to Philly and Seattle. both really kick everyone’s ass in the pub department and aren’t too bad as far as breweries go, either

Drake
admin
beers 21771 º places 1252 º 23:28 Thu 8/14/2008

So whoever wants to start prepping a bid, please do so since we ideally like to have a location picked by sometime in October.

Any details on what info a bid should include, or what format it should take? Or should I wait for an official thread or something?

Odeed
beers 1812 º places 15 º 00:38 Fri 8/15/2008

Originally posted by gunhaver
i’ve narrowed my two favorites to Philly and Seattle. both really kick everyone’s ass in the pub department and aren’t too bad as far as breweries go, either

have ya even been to sf?

brentfeesh
beers 1216 º places 80 º 00:45 Fri 8/15/2008

While I wouldn’t be excited about the cost, if SF came up as the site for RBSG the wife and I would likely do 7-10 trip. RBSG, Napa, Sonoma, Spas, parks, Blaa , etc. It’s got it all.

That being said...Very, Very Sad to have missed SD.

alohaC
beers 12 º 01:02 Fri 8/15/2008

Originally posted by brentfeesh
Very, Very Sad to have missed SD.

It’s ok, you didn’t miss anything.

gunhaver
beers 1030 º places 13 º 01:12 Fri 8/15/2008

Originally posted by Odeed
Originally posted by gunhaver

have ya even been to sf?

na

Oakes
admin
beers 30719 º places 1135 º 01:17 Fri 8/15/2008

Originally posted by dkachur

Any details on what info a bid should include, or what format it should take? Or should I wait for an official thread or something?

Yes, there will be an official thread. I’m thinking next week.

DaSilky1
beers 2607 º places 66 º 01:19 Fri 8/15/2008

I was just in Seattle, fuck that..Let’s do something on the east coast, i need to get away from this hell hole of a west coast, it’s starting to drain my soul. I’m down for Asheville or Philly!!