RBSG 09

Reads 24839 • Replies 191 • Started Sunday, August 10, 2008 6:41:11 PM CT

The forums you're viewing are the static, archived version. You won't be able to post or reply here.
Our new, modern forums are here:
RateBeer Forums

Thread Frozen

alohaC
beers 12 º 22:16 Sun 12/21/2008

Originally posted by Immy
Originally posted by hotstuff
Bump. Is it somewhat safe to presume, not assume, that SF is going to be the only proposal put on the table?

It really looks that way. Win by default?

Well, if SF is the option, it is one seriously kick-ass option. And I know aspidites is going to kick it up a notch well beyond that with his connects.

footbalm
beers 1219 º places 76 º 22:16 Sun 12/21/2008

I love it. I-80 is 2 blocks from my house and it leads me right into San Fran. A bag of White Castles and a bottle or 2 of Ripple and I will be there.

jcwattsrugger
beers 13463 º places 3 º 15:44 Sun 12/28/2008

so are we looking at SF some time between July 8 and July 26th???

cherrs, john

aspidites
beers 1271 º places 1 º 15:47 Sun 12/28/2008

Originally posted by jcwattsrugger

cherrs, john

That is correct.

decaturstevo
beers 6342 º places 200 º 18:09 Sun 12/28/2008

How long before we have a solid date? cheerstevo

arjoseph
beers 642 º places 33 º 21:45 Sun 12/28/2008

Originally posted by aspidites

cherrs, john

That is correct.

There are seriously no other proposals? Nothing from the Philly crew? I am not averse to going to SF, but this default thing is disappointing.

Admins (Oakes, etc.), can we get some direction or an official voting timetable, please?

aspidites
beers 1271 º places 1 º 21:50 Sun 12/28/2008

Originally posted by arjoseph

cherrs, john

That is correct.

There are seriously no other proposals? Nothing from the Philly crew? I am not averse to going to SF, but this default thing is disappointing.

Admins (Oakes, etc.), can we get some direction or an official voting timetable, please?

Well I can guarantee you that SF would not suck in the least.

Immy
beers 1958 º places 110 º 22:09 Sun 12/28/2008

cherrs, john

That is correct.

Philly pretty much said no proposal this year in the locals forum, as did Atlanta. AFAIK, SF will win by default.

SoLan
beers 1550 º places 12 º 22:24 Sun 12/28/2008

Originally posted by Immy

cherrs, john

That is correct.

Philly pretty much said no proposal this year in the locals forum, as did Atlanta. AFAIK, SF will win by default.

Wow. I know Mike will put together one hell of an event, but to have no other proposals is disappointing. Disappointing or everybody is just hyped to go to a SF RBSG.

arjoseph
beers 642 º places 33 º 23:41 Sun 12/28/2008

cherrs, john

That is correct.

Well I can guarantee you that SF would not suck in the least.

I have full faith in your ability as an organizer, and in the beery goodness of the SF area. And in truth, I would probably vote for SF over any place but Chicago (which I dont think will be fielding a proposal, although I could be wrong about that). But I like democracy, and I like proactiveness. After we come to SF, does that mean we are going back to San Diego the following year? There should be a line of cities clamoring for all of RateBeer to descend upon them in July. (Thats all Im saying.)