RBSG 09

Reads 24846 • Replies 191 • Started Sunday, August 10, 2008 6:41:11 PM CT

The forums you're viewing are the static, archived version. You won't be able to post or reply here.
Our new, modern forums are here:
RateBeer Forums

Thread Frozen

3fourths
beers 9492 º places 1576 º 22:01 Sun 8/10/2008

it should be in California every year. then we can rename it the RBSCG, and then we can start a new RBSG and get on with it, like the second coming of the Cleveland Browns.

aspidites
beers 1271 º places 1 º 22:01 Sun 8/10/2008

Originally posted by decaturstevo
Originally posted by dkachur
My vote goes to Asheville first, then Philly. Lots of active members have joined up even since I did nearly 15 months ago. I think it would be good for the site to keep the RBSG rotating, to keep new members involved. It’s been on a natural east to west swing for the past few years, unintentionally apparently. Let’s keep that up!

What are the requirements for the grand tasting? Do we find a place for free or pay? How much? How much space do we need?

I’ve only been to one and we paid and it was worth it the trouble is finding somebody who will allow you to bring beer on site. Bigger is better as far as space goes. It is best if the tasting can be held at the hotel so everyone can get rooms and not have to become mobile after it is over.

I was thinking the grand tasting would be good to have in the back room of a world famous beer bar.

Immy
beers 1958 º places 110 º 22:04 Sun 8/10/2008

All I can say is....

Just like every year...

I vote Philly, hand down. The brewing history alone is worth it.

Odeed
beers 1812 º places 15 º 22:17 Sun 8/10/2008

ok so let me get this straight,
the east coast people want it on the east coast,and the west coast people want it on the west coast?im confused.

aspidites
beers 1271 º places 1 º 22:18 Sun 8/10/2008

Originally posted by Odeed
the east coast people want it on the east coast,and the west coast people want it on the west coast?im confused.

I know Jake I had a hard time with that also.

Odeed
beers 1812 º places 15 º 22:21 Sun 8/10/2008

Originally posted by beerguy101
And just to stir the Shit.

Is Ratebeer getting big enough that we would want to have two RBSG?

One on each coast? or one on a coast and one in the Middle.

I realize that members would not be able to travel to both. But this way you get to pick and choose which one you attend.

wasnt this going on around the same time as rbsg?

http://www.ratebeer.com/forums/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=97650&whichpage=9

so i guess thats already happening.

3fourths
beers 9492 º places 1576 º 22:27 Sun 8/10/2008

Originally posted by beerguy101
And just to stir the Shit.

Is Ratebeer getting big enough that we would want to have two RBSG?

One on each coast? or one on a coast and one in the Middle.

I realize that members would not be able to travel to both. But this way you get to pick and choose which one you attend.

wasnt this going on around the same time as rbsg?

http://www.ratebeer.com/forums/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=97650&whichpage=9

so i guess thats already happening.

buttscratcha?

Drake
admin
beers 21771 º places 1252 º 22:27 Sun 8/10/2008

Well, I want it on the East coast NEXT year, but I’m perfectly fine with it rotating across the country, so everyone gets a fair chance.

Back to back in California is just plain wrong, in my opinion. I mean, you guys freaking live in California! Count your blessings!

aspidites
beers 1271 º places 1 º 22:30 Sun 8/10/2008

Originally posted by dkachur

Well, I want it on the East coast NEXT year, but I’m perfectly fine with it rotating across the country, so everyone gets a fair chance.

Back to back in California is just plain wrong, in my opinion. I mean, you guys freaking live in California! Count your blessings!

The thing is I really want to put on a great RBSG for everyone, one that will leave people happy they came for it. And this will probably be the last year I will be able to do it.

Odeed
beers 1812 º places 15 º 22:32 Sun 8/10/2008

i wonder what all the "non-west" coast people who flew out for this years rbsg want?