RBSG 09

Reads 24838 • Replies 191 • Started Sunday, August 10, 2008 6:41:11 PM CT

The forums you're viewing are the static, archived version. You won't be able to post or reply here.
Our new, modern forums are here:
RateBeer Forums

Thread Frozen

FrumptyDumpty
21:38 Sun 8/10/2008

Originally posted by notalush
There is some serious elitism in this thread.

No shit. Ashville, NC is a great place that has more then "one or two note worthy breweries". That is the kind of attitude that makes alot of professional brewers not like this site. Pull your head out of your ass some times people. Considering that NC just popped the cap 3 years ago alot of ground has been made out here. And some one eles said most of the best beer is at the grand tasting anyways.

aspidites
beers 1271 º places 1 º 21:41 Sun 8/10/2008

Originally posted by zappafan99
Originally posted by aspidites
I am working on an SF proposal.

A little close to San Diego(the west coast in general), although close to a lot of good beer. How about central or east coast? Philly sounds good. Chicago. Asheville, NC. Orlando. Most of the beer is brought, not bought at the show. All close to things non-beer geeks would enjoy.

We possibly had better beer at the stops than at the Grand Tasting itself.

douglas88
admin
beers 13217 º places 398 º 21:42 Sun 8/10/2008

I’ll just throw this out there; Salt Lake City. Yeah, I know it’s not gonna happen soon, but someday it will. We have close to 10 good craft brewers, and one (soon to be two) awesome beer bars. Plus it is cheap, easy to get around, and beautiful. How much of RBSG is about the local breweries? I guess a lot, so we need somewhere with a few awesome local brewers who are into beer geeks. Denver would be my vote, just because it is an great place. San Fran could be nice. And I’m from PA so...I guess I’m no help. 2014 Utah RBSG. Footbalm and I are on it.

JoeMcPhee
beers 12101 º places 543 º 21:46 Sun 8/10/2008

Originally posted by douglas88
I’ll just throw this out there; Salt Lake City. Yeah, I know it’s not gonna happen soon, but someday it will. We have close to 10 good craft brewers, and one (soon to be two) awesome beer bars. Plus it is cheap, easy to get around, and beautiful. How much of RBSG is about the local breweries? I guess a lot, so we need somewhere with a few awesome local brewers who are into beer geeks. Denver would be my vote, just because it is an great place. San Fran could be nice. And I’m from PA so...I guess I’m no help. 2014 Utah RBSG. Footbalm and I are on it.

And we can have every bottle we bring for the tasting seized... this is one that is never going to happen, and for good reason.

IndianaRed
beers 8573 º places 16 º 21:47 Sun 8/10/2008

Now we’re talking.

aspidites
beers 1271 º places 1 º 21:50 Sun 8/10/2008

Originally posted by JoeMcPhee

And we can have every bottle we bring for the tasting seized... this is one that is never going to happen, and for good reason.

Chris Q can come up with a very good reason to permanently by-pass Utah.

JK
beers 7296 º places 442 º 21:51 Sun 8/10/2008

Vegas?

Cheap flights from everywhere.

Drake
admin
beers 21771 º places 1252 º 21:55 Sun 8/10/2008

My vote goes to Asheville first, then Philly. Lots of active members have joined up even since I did nearly 15 months ago. I think it would be good for the site to keep the RBSG rotating, to keep new members involved. It’s been on a natural east to west swing for the past few years, unintentionally apparently. Let’s keep that up!

What are the requirements for the grand tasting? Do we find a place for free or pay? How much? How much space do we need?

aspidites
beers 1271 º places 1 º 21:55 Sun 8/10/2008

Originally posted by JK
Vegas?

Cheap flights from everywhere.

A place I try to stay as far away from as possible.

decaturstevo
beers 6342 º places 200 º 21:59 Sun 8/10/2008

Originally posted by dkachur
My vote goes to Asheville first, then Philly. Lots of active members have joined up even since I did nearly 15 months ago. I think it would be good for the site to keep the RBSG rotating, to keep new members involved. It’s been on a natural east to west swing for the past few years, unintentionally apparently. Let’s keep that up!

What are the requirements for the grand tasting? Do we find a place for free or pay? How much? How much space do we need?

I’ve only been to one and we paid and it was worth it the trouble is finding somebody who will allow you to bring beer on site. Bigger is better as far as space goes. It is best if the tasting can be held at the hotel so everyone can get rooms and not have to become mobile after it is over.