RBSG 09

Reads 24847 • Replies 191 • Started Sunday, August 10, 2008 6:41:11 PM CT

The forums you're viewing are the static, archived version. You won't be able to post or reply here.
Our new, modern forums are here:
RateBeer Forums

Thread Frozen

Odeed
beers 1812 º places 15 º 19:44 Sun 8/10/2008

Originally posted by decaturstevo
Originally posted by Naven
In all seriousness, I hope someone makes a bid for Seattle. That’s a hell of a beer town and I need a good reason to go back. If it was there, I would seriously try to get there.

SF is solid too. I would travel a million miles just for more of those Valley and Schooners beers.

That is why I asked we’re planning a trip to Seattle this may if that is where the gathering will be it would be really handy to know asap.

i think i asked about seattle and it was shot down for some reason.

illidurit
beers 2407 º places 20 º 19:46 Sun 8/10/2008

sf clearly wins

hotstuff
beers 5394 º places 74 º 19:46 Sun 8/10/2008

2002 Toronto
2003 Chicago
2004 Portland
2005 Montreal
2006 Washington DC
2007 Minneapolis
2008 San Diego

Asheville, NC would be another good area from the research I’ve done on the area.

DaSilky1
beers 2607 º places 66 º 19:52 Sun 8/10/2008

really, its between san fran and philly...so keep the proposals between those two. back to back cali rbsg should not be an issue nor mentioned, its irrelevant.

alohaC
beers 12 º 19:53 Sun 8/10/2008

Originally posted by Naven
In all seriousness, I hope someone makes a bid for Seattle. That’s a hell of a beer town and I need a good reason to go back. If it was there, I would seriously try to get there.

SF is solid too. I would travel a million miles just for more of those Valley and Schooners beers.

Vern from Bottleworks/Brouwer’s had a hell of a time with us down here and I know he’d roll out the red carpet for us in Seattle. It would be a fun time for sure if there are enough dedicated RBers up there to organize it and make it work. Trust me, it’s not easy to do it well.

However, I have a feeling that Mike’s bid for San Francisco is going to be pretty hard to top if you happened to miss San Diego this year. Knowing Mike and his connections, it’s the only area in my mind brewery and bar-wise that can come close to what we had down here in SD this year.

Who cares if it’s in California again? It’s about what kind of beer experience someone can put together - and now that bar’s been set pretty high!

hopscotch
beers 11919 º places 307 º 19:53 Sun 8/10/2008

Philly

DietPepsican
beers 1592 º places 63 º 20:05 Sun 8/10/2008

Originally posted by alohaC

Who cares if it’s in California again?

No offense, but people like me who don’t live in california care.

boto
beers 2444 º places 104 º 20:08 Sun 8/10/2008

Philly!!

aspidites
beers 1271 º places 1 º 20:11 Sun 8/10/2008

Originally posted by pepsican

you don’t live in Philly either.

alohaC
beers 12 º 20:15 Sun 8/10/2008

Originally posted by pepsican

I’m not trying to make this an East Coast/West Coast thing or anything in between. It’s just that RBSG should be in places worth spending the money to go to regardless of where you live.

Trust me, you’d rather spend the extra airfare going to a place like SF that has so much to offer than going to a place like Asheville, NC that might be closer to you, but only has one or two noteworthy breweries.