RBSG 09

Reads 24844 • Replies 191 • Started Sunday, August 10, 2008 6:41:11 PM CT

The forums you're viewing are the static, archived version. You won't be able to post or reply here.
Our new, modern forums are here:
RateBeer Forums

Thread Frozen

hotstuff
beers 5394 º places 74 º 10:28 Wed 10/22/2008

Originally posted by kp
Originally posted by hotstuff
I think this needs a big bump since it’s almost the end of October and according to the above last paragraph from Oakes not much seems to be happening to get a location narrowed down.

Have any teams actually put together a bid yet? You don’t have to wait on Oakes to give you a deadline before getting to work on it. You know it’s coming. The usual problem is that the deadline rolls around and at most only one city is bidding.

So who is putting together bids????

hotstuff
beers 5394 º places 74 º 19:17 Sun 10/26/2008

Bump!

aspidites
beers 1271 º places 1 º 19:24 Sun 10/26/2008

Originally posted by kp
I think this needs a big bump since it’s almost the end of October and according to the above last paragraph from Oakes not much seems to be happening to get a location narrowed down.

Have any teams actually put together a bid yet? You don’t have to wait on Oakes to give you a deadline before getting to work on it. You know it’s coming. The usual problem is that the deadline rolls around and at most only one city is bidding.

There is a bid being worked on for SF.

hotstuff
beers 5394 º places 74 º 19:44 Sun 10/26/2008

Originally posted by aspidites
Originally posted by kp

Cool! Anyone bids being worked on from the East Coast?

aracauna
beers 4105 º places 109 º 19:50 Sun 10/26/2008

We’ve been putting in bids for Atlanta. The beer scene here has been growing the the locals are excellent hosts, but so far no luck.

aspidites
beers 1271 º places 1 º 19:56 Sun 10/26/2008

Originally posted by aspidites
Originally posted by kp

Cool! Anyone bids being worked on from the East Coast?

There will be beer stops, wine stops, distillery stops and a Sake stop as part of the SF proposal.

footbalm
beers 1219 º places 76 º 22:33 Sun 10/26/2008

Yeah, SF. A straight drive from my house, right down I-80

IrishBoy
beers 4714 º places 141 º 23:46 Sun 10/26/2008

Originally posted by footbalm

So do you need me to send a detailed map?

ketchepillar
beers 1218 º places 18 º 03:14 Mon 10/27/2008

Originally posted by footbalm

haha mine too, just a few thousand more miles

WeeHeavySD
beers 3488 º places 111 º 03:45 Mon 10/27/2008

Originally posted by Naven
In all seriousness, I hope someone makes a bid for Seattle. That’s a hell of a beer town and I need a good reason to go back. If it was there, I would seriously try to get there.

SF is solid too. I would travel a million miles just for more of those Valley and Schooners beers.

I’ll concur with Dave, Seattle would be great. I want to see how a city out does SD. :)