RBSG 09

Reads 24850 • Replies 191 • Started Sunday, August 10, 2008 6:41:11 PM CT

The forums you're viewing are the static, archived version. You won't be able to post or reply here.
Our new, modern forums are here:
RateBeer Forums

Thread Frozen

aspidites
beers 1271 º places 1 º 20:16 Sun 8/10/2008

Originally posted by pepsican
Originally posted by aspidites
Originally posted by pepsican
Originally posted by alohaC

Who cares if it’s in California again?

No offense, but people like me who don’t live in california care.

you don’t live in Philly either.

15 hour drive compared to a 30 hour drive.

More breweries and pubs=worth it. And you can probably fly for less than the gas to drive to philly. Plus if we get some special beers just for us from Valley, RR, Schooners and others =Epic Win!

Odeed
beers 1812 º places 15 º 20:20 Sun 8/10/2008

yeah i think we should pick the beast place with the most to offer.instead of somewhere with limited breweries/good bars just so a few people can save a few bucks.at this point i bets it cheaper to fly than drive anyway.and weather its east/west/mid america,as long as we can all sample some outstanding stuff,im down.

DietPepsican
beers 1592 º places 63 º 20:20 Sun 8/10/2008

I guess both are just as far away from me personally, but not others. I’d just rather see it jump at least to a different state so others could attend who couldn’t make the one this year.

Odeed
beers 1812 º places 15 º 20:30 Sun 8/10/2008

well here is what we have had so far:
2002 Toronto
2003 Chicago
2004 Portland
2005 Montreal
2006 Washington DC
2007 Minneapolis
2008 San Diego

here is what got shot down when i asked:
new york:its to spread out and expensive
seattle:no place for a grand tasting
denver:no active rate beer community

so whats left?
and yes i know,philly.(although ill base on the baseball game guys,thanks.)

decaturstevo
beers 6342 º places 200 º 21:14 Sun 8/10/2008

I’m really open any place is better than where I live. I just wonder how long it will take before and offical vote can be made and a place and date can be decided upon Really I know it is early to be thinking of 09 but it will be here before you know it.

JoeMcPhee
beers 12104 º places 543 º 21:16 Sun 8/10/2008

Oakes usually throws out a call for proposals in the fall... there is still loads of time before we get our panties all in a knot. I’m sure there will be plenty of time for east/west fights in the fall.

beerguy101
beers 5360 º places 75 º 21:23 Sun 8/10/2008

And just to stir the Shit.

Is Ratebeer getting big enough that we would want to have two RBSG?

One on each coast? or one on a coast and one in the Middle.

I realize that members would not be able to travel to both. But this way you get to pick and choose which one you attend.

notalush
beers 7133 º places 452 º 21:27 Sun 8/10/2008

There is some serious elitism in this thread.

Firemoose15
beers 567 º places 15 º 21:35 Sun 8/10/2008

Originally posted by beerguy101

I realize that members would not be able to travel to both. But this way you get to pick and choose which one you attend.

I think someone brought this up last year too. My opinion on this is I’m sure it’s possible. Judging on the size of some of the gatherings on the east coast that I know about. Our local guys, if 3-4 states is local, had a year end gathering that had 35 people stuffed into my house. I guess it’s definitely an idea and then maybe do a nationwide event every other year, just my two cents.

decaturstevo
beers 6342 º places 200 º 21:36 Sun 8/10/2008

Originally posted by beerguy101

I like that and if you can make them both great and if you can only make one the option was there. What is the downside to this?