College Football Thread 2012

Reads 88290 • Replies 1163 • Started Sunday, March 4, 2012 6:50:38 AM CT

The forums you're viewing are the static, archived version. You won't be able to post or reply here.
Our new, modern forums are here:
RateBeer Forums

Thread Frozen

OrlGamecock
04:43 Fri 5/4/2012

Originally posted by Guyute_Pig
Originally posted by OrlGamecock
Our O-line wasn’t very weak last year, and should just keep getting stronger. Shawn Elliot, our O-line coach is a helluva a coach and will be here for the 3rd year. This is the first time we have had an O-line coach for more than 2 years since spurrier has been here, so getting some continuety there definitely will help. Our kickers sucked last year, we actually recruited one so hopefully that will help out our kicking game.

As for Lattimore, these days a first ACL tear isn’t a big deal almost everyone comes back and is normal, I really doubt we see much of a drop off.

And I already explained the D thing.

Oh, I think you’ll be good on the defensive side. Let me put it this way... #8 would be the highest finish ever for you guys since joining the SEC. Do you really believe you are about to field the best Gamecock team you’ve ever seen? Carnell Williams was never the same and I can’t think of a better comparison to Lattimore.

Yes I think we are about to field the best team we ever. I think we will improve from last year, and last year was our best team ever.

hopscotch
beers 11919 º places 307 º 18:43 Fri 5/4/2012

I hope South Carolina finally makes it to a major bowl. The fans have earned it.

OrlGamecock
04:38 Sat 5/5/2012

Originally posted by hopscotch
I hope South Carolina finally makes it to a major bowl. The fans have earned it.

Cap1 is pretty major (what’s better than it besides a BCS bowl)

How about Sammy Watkins, driving around in his new Cadillac and getting busted with weed and pills, I thought everyone on Clemson’s team were good christian boys!!!!!!!!!

The pills were adderall and another similar substance, both are banned by the NCAA as preformance enhancing drugs, which if you test positive for is a 1 year ban (oh that would be fun)

Guyute_Pig
beers 103 º places 48 º 17:11 Sat 5/5/2012

Our O-line wasn’t very weak last year, and should just keep getting stronger. Shawn Elliot, our O-line coach is a helluva a coach and will be here for the 3rd year. This is the first time we have had an O-line coach for more than 2 years since spurrier has been here, so getting some continuety there definitely will help. Our kickers sucked last year, we actually recruited one so hopefully that will help out our kicking game.

As for Lattimore, these days a first ACL tear isn’t a big deal almost everyone comes back and is normal, I really doubt we see much of a drop off.

Oh, I think you’ll be good on the defensive side. Let me put it this way... #8 would be the highest finish ever for you guys since joining the SEC. Do you really believe you are about to field the best Gamecock team you’ve ever seen? Carnell Williams was never the same and I can’t think of a better comparison to Lattimore.

Yes I think we are about to field the best team we ever. I think we will improve from last year, and last year was our best team ever.

Ahh... Spring hopes, dreams and goals. I think you have a case of God of Thunderitis with your preseason aspirations. Good luck though, I have no quarrels with USCe.

Guyute_Pig
beers 103 º places 48 º 17:12 Sat 5/5/2012

How about Sammy Watkins, driving around in his new Cadillac and getting busted with weed and pills, I thought everyone on Clemson’s team were good christian boys!!!!!!!!!

The pills were adderall and another similar substance, both are banned by the NCAA as preformance enhancing drugs, which if you test positive for is a 1 year ban (oh that would be fun)

I will not be shedding one tear if Sammy misses the 1st game of the year due to suspension.

hopscotch
beers 11919 º places 307 º 17:42 Sat 5/5/2012

I will not be shedding one tear if Sammy misses the 1st game of the year due to suspension.

Sammy can suck it!

hopscotch
beers 11919 º places 307 º 17:43 Sat 5/5/2012

Yeah, I meant major major bowl... BCS Bowl.

OrlGamecock
21:19 Sat 5/5/2012

Good luck and that happening... More likely to see the cop that arrested him fired than Sammy suspended for an actually tough game.

OrlGamecock
21:27 Sat 5/5/2012

Ahh... Spring hopes, dreams and goals. I think you have a case of God of Thunderitis with your preseason aspirations. Good luck though, I have no quarrels with USCe.

Not posting like GoT... Just saying we beat the teams that we will be favored over Preseason, which will be all but LSU

at Vanderbilt Easy W
vs. East Carolina Easy W
vs. UAB Easy W
vs. Missouri Win
at Kentucky Easy W
vs. Georgia Slightly favored in this game, we get UGA at home
at LSU Lose
at Florida Spurrier always plans well for them, Win
vs. Tennessee Tennessee is still not back Win
Bye
vs. Arkansas Nice Bye the week before, program is having issues, Win
vs. Wofford Easy W
at Clemson We have been owning Clemson and the trend continues Win

When you look at the games individually and don’t look at that little stretch of UGA, LSU, Florida, Tennessee, Arkansas we should only lose to LSU, and odds are preseaons, we will be favored in all but the LSU game.

mgumby10
beers 1856 º places 47 º 09:57 Sun 5/6/2012

My honest prediction for next year:

@ Boston College - Win
@ Kansas St - Loss
Bethune Cookman - Win
@ Georgia Tech - Win
NC State - Win
@ Notre Dame - Loss
North Carolina - Win
Florida State - Loss
Virginia Tech - Loss
@ Virginia - Loss
South Florida - Win
@ Duke - Win

It’ll be a rough year for us transitioning into Golden’s young players and removing Shannon’s old underachievers. We have 30-33 freshman coming in this year depending on qualifiers. We’ll have one of the youngest teams in the country this year. That doesnt translate to wins usually. I predict 7-5 with a possibility of 6-6.

We’re still 2-3 years away, but moving in the right direction. Once golden can get all his own players in there and let his staff develop them, wins will come. he is already recruiting well, and that is the first step.

GOLDEN AGE