College Football Thread 2012

Reads 88287 • Replies 1163 • Started Sunday, March 4, 2012 6:50:38 AM CT

The forums you're viewing are the static, archived version. You won't be able to post or reply here.
Our new, modern forums are here:
RateBeer Forums

Thread Frozen

TheAlum
beers 7164 º places 10 º 10:08 Fri 7/27/2012

Originally posted by hopscotch
Originally posted by mgumby10
Golden turning up the heat!

Dude. Tell him to turn up the A/C instead.

I had a major Tacos Al Carbon jones, so I’m sitting here in Lake Worth at 11 PM and it’s still 82° with 80% humidity. These tacos and guacamole are great, but they’re spicy as Hell and I’m sweating like a fat bitch.

Did I mention that the outdoor-flame-grilled corn-on-the-cob with "everything" on it rocks it hard in the south F-L-A?

Your folks live too close for you to have never been here, so I know you know what I’m talking about.

What does "everything on it" imply? I’m intrigued.

mgumby10
beers 1856 º places 47 º 10:54 Fri 7/27/2012

I had a major Tacos Al Carbon jones, so I’m sitting here in Lake Worth at 11 PM and it’s still 82° with 80% humidity. These tacos and guacamole are great, but they’re spicy as Hell and I’m sweating like a fat bitch.

Did I mention that the outdoor-flame-grilled corn-on-the-cob with "everything" on it rocks it hard in the south F-L-A?

Your folks live too close for you to have never been here, so I know you know what I’m talking about.

I have never eaten there, but I know I have passed by the place. I usually try to avoid Lake Worthless as much as possible.

hopscotch
beers 11919 º places 307 º 14:50 Fri 7/27/2012

I have never eaten there, but I know I have passed by the place. I usually try to avoid Lake Worthless as much as possible...

... as you should, but there is ONE good reason to make the trek to Lake (Leaven)Worth.

Do it!

hopscotch
beers 11919 º places 307 º 14:54 Fri 7/27/2012

Originally posted by TheAlum

What does "everything on it" imply? I’m intrigued.

Adam, condiments that one would think should never be blended together, ever; but they totally work here.
Mayo
Parmesan Cheese
Butter
Ground Cayenne Pepper
and several other things they shake into the foil sleeve the corn cob is wrapped in.

I’ll pay more attention next time.

hopscotch
beers 11919 º places 307 º 07:16 Sun 7/29/2012

<--- click me

... and yet North Carolina and Miami continue to recruit on a high level.

Kids, man. Kids.

hopscotch
beers 11919 º places 307 º 07:41 Sun 7/29/2012

Swofford is a messianic ass-clown

The article makes an obvious point even more obvious and therefore isn’t all that informative, but Swofford’s quote there at the end is terrific if you’re an SEC school with an academic inferiority complex.

The math he proposes is impossible, even in my feeble mind’s eye.

I wonder if he would qualify to attend and play ball for even one of the institutions of higher learning under his watch. Probably Pitt or Violent Tech.

hopscotch
beers 11919 º places 307 º 07:44 Sun 7/29/2012

PDU

I wondered silently whether this would eventually happen to further separate the "new PSU" from the "old PDU."

Honestly, chock up a good one for the bad guys. I would probably watch more PDU games if their boring uniforms didn’t turn a sunny Florida Saturday into an overcast, dreary Seattle Monday morning. Same with OSU.

mgumby10
beers 1856 º places 47 º 14:32 Sun 7/29/2012

<--- click me

Kids, man. Kids.

Your tears taste delicious.

hopscotch
beers 11919 º places 307 º 14:07 Mon 7/30/2012

Picked up a verbal from Daryl Worley today. WR out of Philly. Like Jj, he’s a 4.4-40 burner with hands of glue.

hopscotch
beers 11919 º places 307 º 14:08 Mon 7/30/2012

<--- click me

Kids, man. Kids.

Your tears taste delicious.

You’ll eventually cry, but I’m not drinking your tears. I wouldn’t drink my wife’s tears. Yuck! What’s wrong with you?