Fake BA AleSmith bottles

Reads 30132 • Replies 240 • Started Wednesday, October 31, 2007 10:51:28 AM CT

The forums you're viewing are the static, archived version. You won't be able to post or reply here.
Our new, modern forums are here:
RateBeer Forums

Thread Frozen

Cliff
beers 355 º places 72 º 11:10 Wed 10/31/2007

My wife asked me why people didn’t fake them when I got my BA Old Numbskull in a trade. I pointed to the gold foil as "proof" I had never really thought about it, I guess I had faith in the beer community. Sorry to hear about your situation and hope it gets resolved quickly. I hope nobody else gets any fakes either...

kmweaver
beers 3208 º places 116 º 11:11 Wed 10/31/2007

Originally posted by drewbeerme
Well unless there’s someone on here with more information it most likely won’t get figured out. I’ve started to move on and I’m not that pissed about it anymore.

Can you give any further information regarding the claimed origins? I’m not asking for names, but I am asking whether this is just a matter of "I bought it at BA Alesmith" versus "No you didn’t", or whether there was some third party involved (i.e., did the person who traded it to you get it on eBay or purchase it from someone, etc.).

3fourths
beers 9492 º places 1576 º 11:12 Wed 10/31/2007

Well unless there’s someone on here with more information it most likely won’t get figured out. I’ve started to move on and I’m not that pissed about it anymore.

I guess I don’t understand this. You received the bottles from someone, and if they aren’t responsible then they must have received the bottles from someone else. You’re saying it can’t be traced?

sprinkle
beers 114 º places 2 º 11:15 Wed 10/31/2007

I always wondered how long it would take for someone to do this, seemed pretty easy to counterfeit.

MI2CA
beers 1340 º places 19 º 11:16 Wed 10/31/2007

Originally posted by mj

I guess I don’t understand this. You received the bottles from someone, and if they aren’t responsible then they must have received the bottles from someone else. You’re saying it can’t be traced?

And that the someone who traded to you didn’t know the BA’s have gold foil?

fly
beers 1490 º places 271 º 11:17 Wed 10/31/2007

Originally posted by mj

stop trying to be logical.

drewbeerme
beers 3921 º places 1 º 11:17 Wed 10/31/2007

I’d rather not go into too many details. The bottles were reportedly bought from the recent BA AleSmith release event and not from someone outside the brewery or on ebay.

sprinkle
beers 114 º places 2 º 11:17 Wed 10/31/2007

Exactly! Doesn’t seem like it would be too hard to figure out.

Originally posted by mj

fly
beers 1490 º places 271 º 11:18 Wed 10/31/2007

I’d rather not go into too many details. The bottles were reportedly bought from the recent BA AleSmith release event and not from someone outside the brewery or on ebay.

so, from this then it would either be the trader or an employee.

(I blame mj)

PilsnerPeter
beers 3070 º places 100 º 11:22 Wed 10/31/2007

Imagine popping it open and smelling/tasting no oak??!?! I would go ape shit!!!