Fake BA AleSmith bottles

Reads 30138 • Replies 240 • Started Wednesday, October 31, 2007 10:51:28 AM CT

The forums you're viewing are the static, archived version. You won't be able to post or reply here.
Our new, modern forums are here:
RateBeer Forums

Thread Frozen

Odeed
beers 1812 º places 15 º 18:49 Wed 10/31/2007

Originally posted by cquiroga
I hope I’m not the only person who is now worried and wants to go check his stash of BA AleSmith beers to see if they’ve been duped. And I WAS there at the release.

so far i cracked an old numbskull and it was in fact barrel aged.

Odeed
beers 1812 º places 15 º 18:52 Wed 10/31/2007

Originally posted by artusory
Originally posted by mj
By the way, if this was done intentionally then we’re talking about mail fraud, which is a felony.

Also Dude, let’s not forget, let’s not forget that keeping wildlife, um... an amphibious rodent, for...um, you know domestic...within the city...that ain’t legal either.

lol,that was the first thing i thought when i read that post.....classic!

aspidites
beers 1271 º places 1 º 19:09 Wed 10/31/2007

This is fricking ridiculous. This is so much worse than a bad trade. The jerkoff needs to be outed period, there is no excuse for faking someone else’s product. So enough with being politically correct and let everyone know the identity of the jackass responsible.

kenb
beers 1102 º places 4 º 19:12 Wed 10/31/2007

Originally posted by aspidites
This is fricking ridiculous. This is so much worse than a bad trade. The jerkoff needs to be outed period, there is no excuse for faking someone else’s product. So enough with being politically correct and let everyone know the identity of the jackass responsible.

know that!

drmatt
beers 51 º places 2 º 19:14 Wed 10/31/2007

i was hoping that i could figure out who it was from andrew’s trading history, but it seems a little inconclusive.

Mangino
beers 1027 º places 15 º 19:31 Wed 10/31/2007

Originally posted by kenb
Originally posted by aspidites

know that!

+1 this is just stupid. BIG trades might be at stake. He had his chance. Out with it before more people get burned and this becomes a BS trend in trading.

DYCSoccer17
beers 3746 º places 344 º 19:33 Wed 10/31/2007

My biggest beef with the Ratebeer community is that they fail to publicly out swindlers and bad traders. Everyone is way too quick to give the benefit of the doubt in a situation that is clear-cut.

We’re not scared to rip a shitty brewer’s beer, but we are scared to rip a shitty trader’s trade. It just doesn’t make sense to me.

We don’t give a shitty beer or brewer the benefit of the doubt. We rate it poorly and display it to the public for all to view. How come we give traders the benefit of the doubt, but not the brewers?

eclectic
20:08 Wed 10/31/2007

Originally posted by DYCSoccer17
My biggest beef with the Ratebeer community is that they fail to publicly out swindlers and bad traders. Everyone is way too quick to give the benefit of the doubt in a situation that is clear-cut.

We’re not scared to rip a shitty brewer’s beer, but we are scared to rip a shitty trader’s trade. It just doesn’t make sense to me.

We don’t give a shitty beer or brewer the benefit of the doubt. We rate it poorly and display it to the public for all to view. How come we give traders the benefit of the doubt, but not the brewers?

I have nothing against giving the benefit of the doubt to a degree, but this is definitely one of those examples that there is no reason to be affording any benefits to the guy

kp
beers 10877 º places 12 º 20:15 Wed 10/31/2007

Originally posted by drewbeerme
Just in case there are other unknown victims, I feel a need to report that I received 3 "fake" BA AleSmith bottles in a trade recently.

And if more people get burned in the future by this same guy they would have a right to hold you partially responsible for not warning them.

Crosling
beers 1864 º places 70 º 20:29 Wed 10/31/2007

C’mon, someone out this fool. I wonder if he owned a paint marker or went to an office supply store and bought one. This was a 2-3 week plot in order to scam another ratebeerian. Completely LAME.