Fake BA AleSmith bottles

Reads 30128 • Replies 240 • Started Wednesday, October 31, 2007 10:51:28 AM CT

The forums you're viewing are the static, archived version. You won't be able to post or reply here.
Our new, modern forums are here:
RateBeer Forums

Thread Frozen

Bartzilla
beers 635 º places 15 º 00:54 Fri 11/2/2007

Originally posted by Odeed
so 6 trades makes someone a "beer trading hero?"

Yes. We are all heroes. I am sure your mom would agree that her little snookums is indeed a hero.

Odeed
beers 1812 º places 15 º 01:34 Fri 11/2/2007

Originally posted by Bartzilla
Originally posted by Odeed
so 6 trades makes someone a "beer trading hero?"

Yes. We are all heroes. I am sure your mom would agree that her little snookums is indeed a hero.

lol,she really does love me....

ClarkVV
beers 13425 º places 111 º 08:25 Fri 11/2/2007

If someone was actually wronged and they did buy fake bottles somehow (which just didnt happen, and everyone should realize that), Alafito would have given a better explanation on Ratebeer. That post referring to Peter’s email exchange was a simple "Peter got over it, so leave me alone".

Not trying to keep the mob riotous, but damn, the guy’s as guilty as day and now Peter is going to send him free shit.

He’s still given no explanation, or not even an attempt at an explanation. Who sold him the bottles? You would certainly remember who sold you the bottles at a high-profile event like this.

And an "established trader"???!! Are you kidding me? He has 6 trades.

Sorry for all the anger, but the fact that Peter Zien is an incredible person, does not mitigate the fact that Alafito still has offered no excuse (and has not admitted his own guilt when there is no way anyone can prove it... what a surprise!).

If I decided trade policies, he’d get one of those Red warning Banners. But I need to settle down now. Rant over.

illinismitty
beers 2271 º places 279 º 09:06 Fri 11/2/2007

Peter is just a good guy and is handling this far better than I would. He once offered to send me some free ESB because I had mentioned mine was flat in the forums. I cordially declined, as I am not the type to demand free stuff every time something is not perfect. It’s obvious that he really cares about keeping his customers happy. From a PR side of things, I guess he can’t point fingers at anyone when you have no proof.

Someone here is more full of shit than a porta potty- it is very obvious. I think we all know what REALLY happened. The good thing is that there will be a new labeling scheme to prevent any more fake bottles.

sprinkle
beers 114 º places 2 º 09:26 Fri 11/2/2007

Yep, counterfeiting is still counterfeiting, I have forwarded this on to the Secret Service!

Originally posted by ClarkVV
If someone was actually wronged and they did buy fake bottles somehow (which just didnt happen, and everyone should realize that), Alafito would have given a better explanation on Ratebeer. That post referring to Peter’s email exchange was a simple "Peter got over it, so leave me alone".

Not trying to keep the mob riotous, but damn, the guy’s as guilty as day and now Peter is going to send him free shit.

He’s still given no explanation, or not even an attempt at an explanation. Who sold him the bottles? You would certainly remember who sold you the bottles at a high-profile event like this.

Sorry for all the anger, but the fact that Peter Zien is an incredible person, does not mitigate the fact that Alafito still has offered no excuse (and has not admitted his own guilt when there is no way anyone can prove it... what a surprise!).

If I decided trade policies, he’d get one of those Red warning Banners. But I need to settle down now. Rant over.

DYCSoccer17
beers 3746 º places 344 º 09:32 Fri 11/2/2007

I agree. Personally, I think it’s kind of fucked up that the guy responsible for sending fake bottles is now going to be rewarded by the brewer for being "cooperative". Peter, what kind of precedent are you setting?

Ofortuna
beers 322 º places 12 º 09:48 Fri 11/2/2007

I think your anger is completely justified and it’s hard to disagree with your post - as I find myself agreeing with you as well.

I think this thread is at the point where it’s painfully obvious what happened and who’s most liable here. The parties involved seem to be taking corrective action to correct the situation and are receiving retribution for their losses (even Alesmith by way of the outcry from the community). Unfortunately, one of the parties involved is receiving retribution even though he has been convicted by the jury of public opinion and all that remains is for him to be duly sentenced.

The only question that remains is what will be done to the convicted? What is his sentence? Banning from the site? Warning tag placed on his trade profile? Account suspension for a period of time? Or, nothing at all. None of this is for any of us to decide except for the site administration. As a member of this site I would like to see what, if anything, the admins will do in this case. There does seem to be some sort of precedent bring set here and how the admins handle this is being watched very closely on other sites.

Finally, kudos to the Alesmith family for addressing this problem in a timely and forthright fashion. It just goes to show how in-tune the ownership is with their community and will only further improve both their image and product by the measures taken.

Schroppfy
beers 2362 º places 13 º 09:58 Fri 11/2/2007

Again, agreement.
Double apocalypse.

Originally posted by DYCSoccer17

I agree. Personally, I think it’s kind of fucked up that the guy responsible for sending fake bottles is now going to be rewarded by the brewer for being "cooperative". Peter, what kind of precedent are you setting?

cquiroga
beers 371 º places 11 º 10:04 Fri 11/2/2007

At the absolute least, drewbeerme should enter a trade rating with his summary.

ClarkVV
beers 13425 º places 111 º 10:09 Fri 11/2/2007

Originally posted by cquiroga
At the absolute least, drewbeerme should enter a trade rating with his summary.

Ya, I think Drewbeerme just needs to enter his trade rating with the facts as he saw them.

As much as it angers me, there IS NO hard evidence, as Peter said, so other than this case being similar to the OJ Simpson case, there’s nothing the admins should do, IMHO.