Fake BA AleSmith bottles

Reads 30126 • Replies 240 • Started Wednesday, October 31, 2007 10:51:28 AM CT

The forums you're viewing are the static, archived version. You won't be able to post or reply here.
Our new, modern forums are here:
RateBeer Forums

Thread Frozen

OldNumbskull
19:19 Thu 11/1/2007

Originally posted by alafito
Originally posted by jjpm74
Originally posted by sprinkle
The one thing that above all should seem shady, is that the guy won’t even put his side of the story to this thread!

The guy’s from Mexico. Maybe English isn’t his strong point.

Nope its not that its just that i dont search this web page that often, actually i heard of this thread from Andrew on Tuesday.
This is the last of the mails i interchanged with Peter Z. on the subject, "The beer cellar" has the rest of them:

Message from AleSmith
Sent:Monday, October 29, 2007 1:19:24 PM
Reply-to:peter@alesmith.com

To: ’RODOLFO AGUILAR’ (alafito@hotmail.com)

Dear Rodolfo,
Some time has passed since we tried to get to the bottom of the BA AleSmith beers, and I’m no closer to figuring it out. I do believe you and think that all three of us are victims of someone’s prank or whatever. I just want to apologize to you and your wife for this whole thing. I truly appreciate people like you who take the time to attend our events and support my brewery. I know that you and your wife could have done many other things that day, but chose to visit AleSmith. How or why this had to happen cannot be explained, but I need you to know that your support is greatly appreciated.

I’d like to offer some small gifts to you as well for the hassle. Please provide a shipping address, or if more convenient, please let me know when you’ll be in SD next and we can arrange to meet.

Again, sorry for the hassle and I do appreciate your cooperation and support.
Cheers,
Peter Zien

Hello All,

Wow- what a thread, and what a pain in the a#$ to have this happen! As some of you know, I have a law degree and even though my rank wasn’t so hot, I did learn that you can’t convict someone without hard evidence. Yes, the bottles were very poor fakes and I know that the bottles were not tampered with at the brewery prior to the sale. Only Jessica and I had labeling duties and the bottles were inspected, counted, and packaged for sale by my most-trusted crew.

My best guess is that something happened to the bottles while in the possession of Rodolfo. Perhaps someone else got to his stash and made switches on him. He has been cooperative, and I needed to apologize to him for what I considered to be poor treatment on my part. I was angry and couldn’t see any mitigating circumstances at the time. However, without hard evidence I am in no position to state what happened or accuse anyone.

My concern now is towards the future. We’re working on a paper label design for our barrel-aged beers. I liked the ’small brewery’ feel of a hand-numbered bottle, but the times have caught up with us and it’s time to change.

Thank you all for your comments, concern, insights, etc.. You’ve proven to me that you’re a group rich in integrity and we shouldn’t let an isolated event like this cast a dark cloud over the site, or our favorite beverage in the whole world: BEER!

Sincerely,
Peter Zien
AleSmith Brewing Co.

Dorwart
beers 2812 º 20:00 Thu 11/1/2007

Originally posted by puzzl
The one thing that above all should seem shady, is that the guy won’t even put his side of the story to this thread!

Nope its not that its just that i dont search this web page that often, actually i heard of this thread from Andrew on Tuesday.
This is the last of the mails i interchanged with Peter Z. on the subject, "The beer cellar" has the rest of them:

Message from AleSmith

Dear Rodolfo,
Some time has passed since we tried to get to the bottom of the BA AleSmith beers, and I’m no closer to figuring it out. I do believe you and think that all three of us are victims of someone’s prank or whatever. I just want to apologize to you and your wife for this whole thing. I truly appreciate people like you who take the time to attend our events and support my brewery. I know that you and your wife could have done many other things that day, but chose to visit AleSmith. How or why this had to happen cannot be explained, but I need you to know that your support is greatly appreciated.

I’d like to offer some small gifts to you as well for the hassle. Please provide a shipping address, or if more convenient, please let me know when you’ll be in SD next and we can arrange to meet.

Cheers,
Peter Zien

Lucky you.

Which I hope that some of this generosity that you receive from Peter might make its way towards Andrew also!?!

kenb
beers 1102 º places 4 º 20:18 Thu 11/1/2007

Originally posted by Dorwart
Originally posted by puzzl

Message from AleSmith

Dear Rodolfo,

Cheers,
Peter Zien

Lucky you.

Which I hope that some of this generosity that you receive from Peter might make its way towards Andrew also!?!

Umm, actually ALL of it should make it’s way to Andrew, should it not? But hopefully they have that all squared up between them...

BeerBeing
beers 1 º 20:46 Thu 11/1/2007

Originally posted by OldNumbskull

My concern now is towards the future. We’re working on a paper label design for our barrel-aged beers. I liked the ’small brewery’ feel of a hand-numbered bottle, but the times have caught up with us and it’s time to change.

Sincerely,
Peter Zien
AleSmith Brewing Co.

Peter,

Just an idea. May be just take a regular silk printed AleSmith bottle, add silk printed "BARREL AGED" as a neck medallion (I believe the very first such in the industry) and keep hand numbering.

Thanks for the post and your hard job.

Alex

IslandHaole
beers 1302 º places 7 º 21:33 Thu 11/1/2007

Originally posted by illinismitty
we are now on 11 pages. Out the guy and demand your beer back. You thought you were getting three BA Alesmiths. You received three Alesmiths and some shit written with a paint pen.

If you brought home some hot super model looking chick, only to discover she had a penis, we would expect you to warn your buddies.

Before or after?

Bartzilla
beers 635 º places 15 º 21:40 Thu 11/1/2007

I’ve seen a few locusts recently. If it starts raining frogs and I hear random trumpets sounding, I’ll know that the end if finally here. I believe the forged ales were the 7th sign.

God help us all. Not only is the sanctity of the entire trading community at stake... but... perhaps... the whole world!

Repent. Quit your job. Slack off.

Bob Loves You.

Cletus
beers 6349 º places 233 º 21:46 Thu 11/1/2007

Originally posted by Bartzilla
I’ve seen a few locusts recently. If it starts raining frogs and I hear random trumpets sounding, I’ll know that the end if finally here. I believe the forged ales were the 7th sign.

God help us all. Not only is the sanctity of the entire trading community at stake... but... perhaps... the whole world!

Bob Loves You.

Seriously, first I lose some crazy beers to a bitch on a cleaning frenzy, then cquiroga loses some crazy brews to an airline mishap, now this. The end is near!

ryan
beers 3185 º places 13 º 21:49 Thu 11/1/2007

Bob Loves You.

You forgot Schroppfy agreeing with DYCSoccer17, a sure sign of the Apocalypse.

Cletus
beers 6349 º places 233 º 21:59 Thu 11/1/2007

Originally posted by artusory

Bob Loves You.

Didn’t joet and jk also agree on something?

kenb
beers 1102 º places 4 º 22:00 Thu 11/1/2007

Originally posted by artusory

Bob Loves You.

Didn’t joet and jk also agree on something?

Yes, they agreed to disagree.