College Football Thread 2011 (Actual Season!)

Reads 227574 • Replies 3132 • Started Monday, August 1, 2011 6:47:49 AM CT

The forums you're viewing are the static, archived version. You won't be able to post or reply here.
Our new, modern forums are here:
RateBeer Forums

Thread Frozen

GodOfThunder
beers 1364 º places 65 º 20:15 Thu 10/20/2011

"I hope OLeary has a stroke." - my text to cheeseman

TheAlum
beers 7164 º places 10 º 20:42 Thu 10/20/2011

Originally posted by hopscotch
I wonder how long it will be until WVU gets an invite from the Big 12. I have relatives in Sooner and Longhorn land. That could become a very cool rivalry... for them. We’ll get our asses handed to us most years. Still, it would be fun.

Of course, if and when the invitation comes, it’ll cost us $10 mil now and we’ll still have two more seasons in the Big East. If the invite doesn’t come soon, the Big Twelve will lose out, because it’s about time for the Big East schools to start discussing TV rights. Once WVU signs on the dotted line, We won’t be able to afford to go anywhere and no one will want us anyway. Why would a conference want a school that can’t be televised playing intra-conference foes?

Oh well.

Fine.

They’ll hold off until Mizzou actually leaves.

And they’ll invite more than jusr WVU. Louisville is probably a a must too for them.

TheAlum
beers 7164 º places 10 º 05:16 Fri 10/21/2011

Even with that loss, is UCF still in good position with their mediocre division?

GodOfThunder
beers 1364 º places 65 º 05:21 Fri 10/21/2011

Originally posted by TheAlum
Even with that loss, is UCF still in good position with their mediocre division?

We’re not in good shape for anything. We look horrible. We’re playing like complete crap, our coach is a giant turd, and we suck.

UAB kicked our ass. The absolute worst team in FBS, kicked our ass. They dropped at least 3 TD passes, and had 2 interceptions in the end zone. We completely suck, and George O’Leary is a senile old goat.

Guyute_Pig
beers 103 º places 48 º 06:38 Fri 10/21/2011

Originally posted by GodOfThunder

We’re not in good shape for anything. We look horrible. We’re playing like complete crap, our coach is a giant turd, and we suck.

UAB kicked our ass. The absolute worst team in FBS, kicked our ass. They dropped at least 3 TD passes, and had 2 interceptions in the end zone. We completely suck, and George O’Leary is a senile old goat.

Should have fired him last week under my advisement.

CheesedMan
beers 555 º places 12 º 07:14 Fri 10/21/2011

A loss to Memphis would be like Santa making an early visit to Orlando.

hopscotch
beers 11919 º places 307 º 08:09 Fri 10/21/2011

Originally posted by TheCheeseMan
Holy shit, UCF fucking sucks. That was fucking awesome.

Was I being too generous with my 7-5 prediction?

CheesedMan
beers 555 º places 12 º 08:18 Fri 10/21/2011

Perhaps, especially with that UCF defense that was torched for over 500 yards last night.

GodOfThunder
beers 1364 º places 65 º 08:20 Fri 10/21/2011

Yes.

We’ll be lucky with 5-7 now.

I am dumbfounded by this. We are horrible.

TheAlum
beers 7164 º places 10 º 08:49 Fri 10/21/2011

#1 QB Recruit Gunner Kiel has re-opened his recruitment, decommitting from the Hoosiers. Visting ND this weekend.